ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bux's BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
I see what you mean about the headlights! my 130i has oem one's specced and imo look a fair bit better , cruise control can be retro fitted with little expense and is well worth having , very nice car tho ;)

ff9e02b0-13c9-40a0-87dc-8cece5f87a60_zpsc7f2c190.jpg

Bux

Golf GTD
I see what you mean about the headlights! my 130i has oem one's specced and imo look a fair bit better , cruise control can be retro fitted with little expense and is well worth having , very nice car tho ;)

Thanks mate, yours look good too! My ones are actually OEM xenon clusters. However they are the older style with a lighter insert, where as yours is a dark grey one.

Bux

Golf GTD
Finally installed my dash cameras (front and rear), and I'm relatively happy with the quality. I'll have to get some pictures of it up at some point.

I had a bit of a stupid moment earlier and decided it would be a good idea to run over my box of cleaning supplies...:dapprove: Didn't damage the car, but annihilated the box...

8fefa1390774990f2322784a1f66f97b_zps76ab1402.jpg

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I know this is a bit of a bump, but I do love the look of this car! Looks so smart and fresh! Rear lights look so much better, but is there anything similar for the front? I think they stand out too much, I don't like the grey colour of them. Is there a black version of the headlights? Would freshen up the front a lot I think.
I'm considering getting one of these hence why I'm posting

Bux

Golf GTD
I know this is a bit of a bump, but I do love the look of this car! Looks so smart and fresh! Rear lights look so much better, but is there anything similar for the front? I think they stand out too much, I don't like the grey colour of them. Is there a black version of the headlights? Would freshen up the front a lot I think.
I'm considering getting one of these hence why I'm posting

Wow, Thanks for the comments mate, just a bit of a bump haha! Nothing has actually changed on the car since then though!
From what I understand, there are a couple different versions of the front lights, with different coloured inserts. Mine has the older, lighter grey insert (was on the car when i bought it), but there is a darker grey version available.

Like this:
$_57.jpg

I think the darker ones would look better, but seeing as it would probably cost me a few hundred £ just to get some darker inserts, I thought I'd rather save my money!

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, Thanks for the comments mate, just a bit of a bump haha! Nothing has actually changed on the car since then though!
From what I understand, there are a couple different versions of the front lights, with different coloured inserts. Mine has the older, lighter grey insert (was on the car when i bought it), but there is a darker grey version available.

Like this:
$_57.jpg

I think the darker ones would look better, but seeing as it would probably cost me a few hundred £ just to get some darker inserts, I thought I'd rather save my money!

Haha no worries, looks so nice! Would have to get the wheels done in anthracite though! Haha slightly bump oops

Yeah I understand it's not worth it, I just think it's the one thing that lets the front end down! Well I don't mean let it down, I just thought there would be a solution like the rear lights that improve it. just don't like the Grey against all the black, not a fan of the indicator part, considering BMW's quality and refinement they just don't look crisp and sharp headlights. Maybe it's just me though being fussy

How are you finding car then? Not been tempted into a remap just yet then? I think that would be the first thing I'd do, the temptation of all that extra power for not too bad money would be too much of a draw for me

Bux

Golf GTD
I completely agree about the front end. It could be a lot more refined.

I wouldn't have kept the car for over 3 years if I didn't enjoy it haha! I get a good average of 43 mpg for the driving I do and find it can handle pretty much anything I throw at it. It can be a little twitchy in the wet but it never gets out of control. Every now and then I think about getting a remap, but it's got enough power for what I need, and I really can't be bothered to go spending more money on it. I'm in the middle of buying a house and planning a wedding, so can't really justify spending money on what could be considered as unnecessary mods :p

Only reason I'd seriously think about changing it is if I need something more practical or cheaper to run (although it is pretty cheap to run anyway).
I do like the look of the latest Polo GTIs, but I can't bring myself to get rid of the beemer, not just yet :)

Bux

Golf GTD
Well, it's now over about a year and a half since my last post, but the car hasn't really changed... although she will now be going up for sale.

I will selling the 216 Alloys, BMWP Grills and Rear Lights separately. They will be listed for sale on BabyBMW.net shortly (wheels not for a few days as still on the car).

If anyone is interested in more details about the car before it goes up for sale, its now on 98k miles and I can provide more details if requested.

I'm looking to change to a Golf GTD, due to a change in circumstances.

Bux

Golf GTD
Finally got myself a Golf GTD with a DSG box. I'm over the moon with it to be honest. Feels more planted than the Beemer and the DSG makes it lovely to drive on long trips and in traffic.
Also, i'm glad to say goodbye to black! Such a hard colour to keep clean!!

IMG_0255_zps2jgapmei.jpg

IMG_0353_zpsxso06rgs.jpg