ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Anglesey regs out.

What a shame Mike Jordon can't make it to share with Nigel Ainge in the Teg.

His son Andrew is coming instead ffs, might have to see if Plato can jump in for one of us.:rolleyes:

Anglesey regs out.

His son Andrew is coming instead ffs, might have to see if Plato can jump in for one of us.:rolleyes:
Oiii you've already got 2 drivers! I've reserved Plato for the weekend :approve: lol!

I read through the list and thought something didn't sound right when I read his name but didn't realise until Jay told me! He is going to be quick!

I doubt the club will do anything mate! They will welcome it with open arms because it's great publicity for them and also if more people do come and watch then it's more money for the circuit/club!

182cup & 172 racecar
You could look at it in two ways really.

It shows that our series is not at the bottom end of the food chain, and that these guys actually want to compete in it.

But it could start to put people off , and make them start to look elsewhere to spend their time in racing, which would be a big shame.

I doubt the club will do anything mate! They will welcome it with open arms because it's great publicity for them and also if more people do come and watch then it's more money for the circuit/club!

Oh yea I understand that but as Tony said it could start putting people off if they have to start going up against current and ex pros and surely the club would want to keep the majority of the field happy rather than one or two individuals.

Iceman i would be more worried about him driving into me.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Anglesey regs out.

Just make sure this time you change your spark plugs before Plato takes your car out!

Chase Racing Clio
So, is Andrew Jordan gonna be partnering his dad in that Integra this weekend? 'cause that is pretty ridiculous.

Also....a question; where did you guys get your graphics done, like your names etc?

182cup & 172 racecar
So, is Andrew Jordan gonna be partnering his dad in that Integra this weekend? 'cause that is pretty ridiculous.

Also....a question; where did you guys get your graphics done, like your names etc?

No, Mike can't make it, so it's Andrew with Nigel Ainge instead of Mike.

Expect he will be all fired up after an average weekend at Croft.

Ady at N2Grafix, he's on here.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?120-N2Grafix

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
just pretend you don't know who Andrew Jordan is.....
After doing a VXR day at silverstone a few years back and having him as a mentor i thin later saw him at Autosport show,

we were taking the show down and we bumped into eachother, i pretty much started and ended the conversation with "i know you from somewhere, but i don't know where"
he got a little upset with that....

Clio 172 Cup Racer
Just a thought guys. If I had a 300bhp DC05 and turned up at Anglesey and was 2-3 seconds a lap quicker, would that be unfair? Would Andrew or Mike driving a Clio beat Nigels DC05?
Personally, I would welcome the chance to see how I did against someone of their standard.
Just a thought. :)

172 Race Car
Just a thought guys. If I had a 300bhp DC05 and turned up at Anglesey and was 2-3 seconds a lap quicker, would that be unfair? Would Andrew or Mike driving a Clio beat Nigels DC05?
Personally, I would welcome the chance to see how I did against someone of their standard.
Just a thought. :)

If you managed to get 300bhp from one of these you'd deserve to be 2-3 seconds per lap faster ;)

dc05.jpg

;)

Personally I have no problem with the current state of affairs but if it starts to affect the health of the series as Tony has said something will be done about it. Last year in the DM series some lads from the Kumho championship turned up and lapped the field, those spec cars are now banned as no one else was going to bother racing.

182cup & 172 racecar
We are a club, the club needs members to survive. Already rumblings because entry fees have gone up and some qualifying times have been cut to 20mins instead of 30mins, all these little things add up, then people start to look elsewhere.

182cup & 172 racecar
Ready for Anglesey at last, had a mare with the trailer, the new tyre rack with 6 tyres weighs a ton, and unbalanced the trailer.

Had to move tow hitch up onto the top bolt holes and move the car slightly further back, took it out for a run to fill with fuel and now seems ok, phew, I had a panic on for a bit.

Best of luck this weekend chaps, sad to say this'll be the first Anglesey I will miss.

Hope the weather is the same as the last visits!!

I expect nothing less that a continuation of your podium progress, one step left remember ;)

Ready for Anglesey at last, had a mare with the trailer, the new tyre rack with 6 tyres weighs a ton, and unbalanced the trailer.

Had to move tow hitch up onto the top bolt holes and move the car slightly further back, took it out for a run to fill with fuel and now seems ok, phew, I had a panic on for a bit.
Gosh mate that has taken a while :( I think I will have the same issue on Saturday with the second set of wheels! Glad you got it sorted. Calculated my journey and seem to think around 2.30pm :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Gosh mate that has taken a while :( I think I will have the same issue on Saturday with the second set of wheels! Glad you got it sorted. Calculated my journey and seem to think around 2.30pm :)

I did have my dinner in between James, but yes I was getting ready to take it all off !!. See you later.

Be interested to see your tyre rack - is it a low one or one of the higher ones, self made or of the peg? Got room at the front of my trailer and plenty of room to push the car back to balance the weight out.

As new into racing, not too bothered about the front runners or who's who as it'll be a long while before we're there (if ever lol), one thing that does bother us is value for money etc and we both felt 20mins qualifying reduced from 30 mins was\is a bit cheeky - when you do the maths 300 entrants over the day at £365 (brands) = £109k in my book. Take off £50k ( big guess) to run the event still leaves a healthy surplus for the club. Times could\can be altered to get in the 30 mins qualifying in I suspect looking at the race program - saying all that we'll still be there on the day when we can.

Best of British for the race weekend guys.

182cup & 172 racecar
It's an off the peg jobby Pete. I bought a Woodford trailer, knowing they are just up the road from me, so any spares or bit's I need it's easy.

The club are now trying to gets the events done in a day, as in previous years they have been over two days. This has resulted in reduced qualifying and some shared qualifying with other makes, ie, DM's. This was a mare at Mallory last year, all the TT and DM out together, result, busy circuit.

172 Race Car
Pete its all about the economics of it. The club went from making money in 2010 to a big loss last year. They couldn't risk running 2 day meetings at all the circuits so when its a single dat and just our club, its a squeeze to fit it all in. So far this year its all going well. Good turn outs and I'm sure the club will have a good year finacially.

Oh and circuit hire for Brands Hatch is £50k on its own. Then you've got timekeepers, paramedics etc. Plus the costs of running the club. Some rounds make money to help subsidise the rounds that loose money. Its worth going to the AGM at end of year. All explained there

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
Right im almost ready, Had my traditional pre-race haircut, charged the laptop and cameras, checked my kit and doesed up on hayfever tablets. Leaving in a few hours. Tony and the gang are already at the circuit and I hear it was a very windy night.

The forecast is constantly changing but at the monent it looks dry today and damp tomorrow, deep joy :dapprove: