ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Great videos as always guys!

When you said in your text about the fuel starvation, i didnt think it would have been that severe mate!
I was looking for somewhere to park it all the way aroun the last lap

Did you just underfuel the car as not sure on the useage from the new engine?
We actually put slightly more fuel in than we were last year. But there were no safety cars like at Brands and we both drove it hard. Lesson learned, Lol. For the extra 10kgs its not worth risking it again so we will be brimming it

Sounds like a tough one! Excellent result, keep it up.

Might have missed it...will it be well for Llandow?
It will be there, in what state we dont know yet

BMW Z4
Race edit video. Not much of me in it as i had quite a lonely race. I try to keep these under 15 minuites just showing the highlights so it isnt boring to watch

Love your grass tracking skills at the start Tony!

Last edited by a moderator:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Thought I was going to end up like the guy in your race, everybody just brake so early ffs, caught me out a little, saw the gap and breathed in.

Enjoyed watching / reading that, some great driving skills there Tony/Jay, can't keep the rally man down, great result look foreward to the next instalment.

Regards Russ.....

172 Race Car
Honey I shrunk the race car.........

img-20120526-00197.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Just watched the vid. What a great tussle with the TGM Teg! Tony really can pedal that thing. Some awesome passing moves.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Read the race report as soon as it came up but forgot to reply - Epic result chaps, loved lap 14 of the video :) such a close match with that Honda!

One thing, does your front left lock up during very late trail braking in to a left hand bends? Ours does occasionally but as we normally have the weight of a passenger its not too bad.

182cup & 172 racecar
Read the race report as soon as it came up but forgot to reply - Epic result chaps, loved lap 14 of the video :) such a close match with that Honda!

One thing, does your front left lock up during very late trail braking in to a left hand bends? Ours does occasionally but as we normally have the weight of a passenger its not too bad.

No, it's been corner weighted, I'm afraid thats just on the limit of everything there. And a case of, who can brake the latest.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Ah ok. Corner weighting is something I would like to get done at some point.

Agreed about being on the limit, pretty much everywhere. Suppose you need to be if you want to be fast :)

172 Race Car
Yes its Mr Ashton. No way hed be able to drive it. His knees hit the dash so he can't bend his legs to reach the pedals