ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
I wish there was some kind of restriction on people with super expensive cars like that integra....that thing has had thousands plowed into it off the back of the production class that used to exist in BTCC! I hate it when money wins at the lower tiers of motorsport. Here's to cheap fun racing I say!!
2x ex-BTCC 306's on the grid too and a 3rd one joining soon. The rules are kept simple to avoid restricting too many people. The DM series last year had some BMW's turn up from another series and they were so high spec they lapped the field (going round Silverstone 7-8 seconds a lap faster) they were banned for this year as the series was close to folding after only one season in CSCC

Oil Burner
I wish there was some kind of restriction on people with super expensive cars like that integra....that thing has had thousands plowed into it off the back of the production class that used to exist in BTCC! I hate it when money wins at the lower tiers of motorsport. Here's to cheap fun racing I say!!

I don't think those Integra's are ex BTCC looking at them. They have the wrong front wings, bumper/splitter, rear wing and from what i can see a different style roll cage than Dynamics put in their BTCC cars.

172 Race Car
Integras were never in Prouction BTCC (Class B) A full BTC spec car (Dynamics Integra) would need massive work to make it eligable for Tintops. Making it pointless. Cant run the gearbox or any of the body work. AFAIK it was built for Britcar.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Photo-0385.jpg

Photo-0386.jpg

Photo-0387.jpg

Photo-0388.jpg

hey chaps,
i did briefly mention this to tony but wanted to double check,

is this how the shell still is? ie the holes?... and you have had no problems with regards to the bluebook?

182cup & 172 racecar
These holes were only cut after careful calculations, with an engineer who knows lots and lots about stress forces, body flex etc etc.

You cannot just go at it willy nilly.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
These holes were only cut after careful calculations, with an engineer who knows lots and lots about stress forces, body flex etc etc.
You cannot just go at it willy nilly.

thats ok i haven't started cutting anything,
i was more concerned about a rule in the blue book, i interpreted it to say that no holes could be cut inside the wheel base...

172 Race Car
Its been and gone, 1st race of the season for CSCC, we didnt go. Cant afford to do them all and didnt like it when we went 1st time

172 Race Car
You boys doing Combe I take it?
We were, but the loss of our 2 biggest sponsors and the last minuite scuppered those plans. we looked at the budget again and couldnt do 4 races in the first half of the season. Decided to do Oulton at the end instead as we need to pay for it later in the year. Also it owes us a favour after last year

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Doh the one local race! I will go along anyway and post pics of your rivals having fun for you ;)

(sorry :eek:)