ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Pitstop practice from Brands, was a bit of a laugh. Took a while to get back into the swing of it............

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you've got it spot on but have you thought about using those like elastic straps from the harness to the roof? Like the do in gt cars might make it easier.

182cup & 172 racecar
Right, Silverstone regs are in.

Scrutineering 9.00am

Qualifying 10.20

Race 14.30

Camber and tracking done and all spanner checked, just waiting for the correct wheel studs to arrive and we are ready.

And top marks to Jay for spending a long time configuring dash. I would have smashed it to pieces a long time ago.

Nice one. Glad we've got an afternoon race. With your new power are you guys hoping for a better result than normal here? (as this circuit doesn't really favour a clio I mean).

Where did you come last year?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Was hoping to make Silverstone but the Mrs decided to book my Christmas present to her on that sodding Saturday, so I'll be watching her riding a four legged 1hp....errr....horse instead.

Are you two racing at Donny this year? That's the other one I wanted to try and make.

172 Race Car
Was hoping to make Silverstone but the Mrs decided to book my Christmas present to her on that sodding Saturday, so I'll be watching her riding a four legged 1hp....errr....horse instead.

Are you two racing at Donny this year? That's the other one I wanted to try and make.
Yes 15th September

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Right, Silverstone regs are in.

Scrutineering 9.00am

Qualifying 10.20

Race 14.30

Camber and tracking done and all spanner checked, just waiting for the correct wheel studs to arrive and we are ready.

And top marks to Jay for spending a long time configuring dash. I would have smashed it to pieces a long time ago.

And no garage?

172 Race Car
you running the race tech dash2 aswell now? what do you think?
Nope, we run the Dash4Pro, little diddy thing. Cant really comment yet as weve not seen it. Was steering wheel mounted but with helmet on you cant see it without looking down. Not great idea at 115mph into Paddock Hill Bend

172 Race Car
Weve relocated the RaceTech dash to the top of the dash so we can actually see it.

img-20120310-00042.jpg

Made a little sun shade for it...............

img-20120518-00172.jpg

img-20120518-00176.jpg

img-20120518-00179.jpg

img-20120518-00180.jpg

Very pleased with how it came out and as Tony says i spent ages configuring it to display what we want, when we want. Its a very customizable thing an takes a while to get your head around. Still not 100% done with it as ive got to program all the oil pressure and water temperature alarms in.

172 Race Car
I take it it can show whatever readings you want Jay?
Pretty much yes. Its got an interface to read data from the ecu. If we had a data logger it could predict lap times etc but were just using it as a dash. Revs, coolant temp, oil pressure and pit lane speed. Its got 2 sets of built in shift lights too

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, we run the Dash4Pro, little diddy thing. Cant really comment yet as weve not seen it. Was steering wheel mounted but with helmet on you cant see it without looking down. Not great idea at 115mph into Paddock Hill Bend

i had noticed the thing on the wheel, but didn't know what it was,
this saturday - now i am only 15 mins away that would of been perfect, but i am oretty sure i have to be back at home now on weekends (even more so this first one coming up), good luck chaps.