ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Congrats today gents, glad things fell into place perfectly! Here's a few pictures my brother took today...

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6080.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

Cheers
Nick

182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks everybody, hope everyone got a drink and something to eat.

I am now well and truly fooked.

Great result, and really nice to have some support. :cheers:

172 Race Car
Thank you to everyone who was there. It was truly a pleasure to see you all there.

We never expected that result at Brands, our previous best was 10th. We started 7th and We actually finished 2nd in class to Mike Jordan but 3rd on the road behind Russ in his class B MGZR (with Kryptonite headgasket)

We got a little bit lucky but were quick and consistant. We made a slight setup change after quali and it made a big difference. the car was really good and it was great to be out there again. Gonna take me a few days to get a report sorted, it was a bit of a crazy day and I really cant remember what happened.

im shagged now, left at 5am this morning but no doubt I will be up for hours yet making a start on the vids

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
here are a few of my shots..Still sorting through lots of them, I spent the day just playing around with different camera techniques, sorry about the sensor dust bunnies! I will post a thread up accordingly with more shots.

7154545006_b9bfbfa512_z.jpg

7154545394_d1a79ce2df_z.jpg

7154546054_75feee5c16_z.jpg

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Outstanding results. Superb start to the season :D Looking forward to making it to a couple of races this year

172 Race Car
Thanks Dan, The engine was superb, a real peach. Couldnt beleive I was keeping up with the Hondas on the straights, ive no idea WTF you did to it but by f**k it goes

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Super chuffed :). What the hell has that MG had done to be beating so many cars in the class above it though????

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Great days racing excellent turn out!

Set a bar now and need to beat it lol
Still can't work out how we got out of the pits in 4th place?

Great days racing excellent turn out!

Set a bar now and need to beat it lol
Still can't work out how we got out of the pits in 4th place?

That always happens! I swear everyone else has a cup of tea in the pits. Always seem to be much faster than everyone else.

Great result chaps, a great way to start the season!

Fantastic result, thanks for letting me a part of it all, had a superb (if very long!) day. The race was well worth waiting for and great to watch. Just churning through the photos now.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Great result guys!!! Despite the freezing cold & rain we both enjoyed the days racing ... Sarah also enjoyed the V10 R8 Spyder that was parked nearby. I need to earn more money apparently :dapprove: Although id only spent it going racing anyways.

lol @ the DC5 as well. It crashed, went in the pits twice, they all had a cup of tea & a cigar, then came out, lapped 2-3 seconds quicker than everyone else & overtook the leader on the last corner. Surely they must get bored being so much quicker than everyone else?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
lol @ the DC5 as well. It crashed, went in the pits twice, they all had a cup of tea & a cigar, then came out, lapped 2-3 seconds quicker than everyone else & overtook the leader on the last corner. Surely they must get bored being so much quicker than everyone else?

not really in the spirit of club racing is it :( awesome car but.....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
not really in the spirit of club racing is it :( awesome car but.....

Well no, not exactly 'grass roots' ... think Tony was about half a lap ahead of them at one point, then in the space of a few laps they were passed & chased after the Rover in the lead. Quite obscene really.

Was also very impressed with the silver Proton (apart from when it gave Tony a 'love tap' at the entrance to Paddock ...) - never expected such a lame car to be soo rapid. And the Rover, k-series with attitude !!!

172 Race Car
That honda was doing sub 54, which is pretty epic, slightly different budget for that team no doubt though, lol
Was doing 56's before the crash/pit stop. The Mike Jordan got in it and owned everyone. yes the car is quick but the river makes quite a difference

172 Race Car
But now they have a 30second penalty. So if we went back to brands tomorrow an it all panned out the same way, we'd beat them by 24 seconds ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome result chaps. I remembered this was happening at 10 o'clock last night whist over at Rob's off here. If I'd remembered earlier I'd have been over in a shot!

Great result guys I'm so happy for you guys and the car looks to be doing so well :) Thanks also for the hospitality over the weekend, Dinner on Sunday was awesome and I will have to repay the favour soon! Can't wait for camping at Anglesey I think it will be a great laugh. Speak soon :)