ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bummer to stunner

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Right this is my mk2 ph1 Clio
3 previous owners, my grandad who bought it new
Then me for my first car
The idiot who bought it afterwards and scarred it
And me the new owner of my old car :p

So this is the car in her former beauty:
5f93d694-3da5-d7e4.jpg

And this is what it looked like when I bought it back into the family a week ago:
5f93d694-3dcc-c20e.jpg

5f93d694-3de7-67cb.jpg

5f93d694-3e00-0633.jpg

5f93d694-3e13-2fb8.jpg

5f93d694-3e25-f9d9.jpg

5f93d694-3e3a-5332.jpg

The poor thing was in a right sorry state. Rough body filler, stripped out, badly flaking paint job, generally a sorry sight...

So I've been out and have bought a new bonnet to begin the build and I'm away!

This is what I've managed so far:

Smoothed bonnet:
5f93d694-3eb8-ce9f.jpg

Smoothing front bumper:
5f93d694-3eee-863c.jpg

I have smoothed the bumper into the strip between the bonnet and bumper along with meshing the grille.. Sure they'll be some haters but feedback on it and any pictures of some successful attempts at what I'm trying to achieve would be great

Thanks
Updates soon 'thank god for long bank holiday weekends!'

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Off your head buying it back! how much did you get it back for? lol will be keeping an eye on this.

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Sold it for 500 got it for 200 sounded a bargain at the time, surprising what a bit of elbow grease can do :/

225 powered mk2
You got your work cut out mate, but i shall be watching this, good luck and i like the front bumper!!

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Touch of filler to sort out the doors, never liked the plastics.. Smooth she be!!
Thinking of smooth the handles out.. Any ideas how to do this and still get in the car? :p

5284e814-046b-2174.jpg

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Button sounds handy, I'm pretty old skool when it comes to getting in my car.. Just a case of getting the button to pull/push the lever to open the door I spose?

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Previous owner.. Apparently matt black clios look, and I quote 's**t hot' I'm afraid I beg to differ.. Planning on going attic white, it's a colour I've always been fond of, hopefully my little car will pull it off :D

Clio Mk1 Ph1
The fine line between madness a dedication.

Removing the unsightly sunroof and fabricating another in an effort to be 100% smooooooth. :/ here goes...

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Sister new boyfriends car
http://img.tapatalk.com/52848a9d-ffba-d533.jpg[/IMG

:approve: :D

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Former.. Always had alittle crush on the sports.. Love the Renault sport seats, he came found today thought I'd give you all a sneaky snap :p

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Previous owners first attempt at smoothing the back bumper, it's just a quick skim between the upper and lower parts..
My turn, lot of fabricating = euro-style smoothed rear bumper

52848aa1-9852-4dd9.jpg

Oh and the removal of the sunroof has gone surprisingly well, have some pics when I have time to prime her..

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
That car is the biggest shed I've ever seen, worth only scrap value to anyone other than one with sentimental value!

I'm still looking forward to seeing you put it back to an acceptable condition though :)

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Haha I agree, my dad is keen to point that out everyone he walks past it, 'banger racing' has been mentioned a few times too :p

Sadly lack of space in my shed and shitty weather means that I've drunk more tea then done work this weekend :/
On the upside the bonnets had a lick of white paint to join the front bumper :D

52848aa1-c876-b4f8.jpg

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Also had the exhaust off for a tidy up, think the person who put it on needs a lesson in welding, it had some fierce blow holes...

52848aa1-c98e-5861.jpg

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Oh and I managed to dig out the deep dish suede steering wheel and yellow anodised quick release that I picked up at this years autosport..

Bolt it all together and

Smile :)

52848aa1-ca7d-535a.jpg

Clio Mk1 Ph1
5284e426-c0a5-29a2.jpg

Dash = out

Update on total car:
Bumpers off
Bonnets off
Dash out
Steering wheel out
Paintwork shite
Brakes non existent

If someone was to see it Now they'd say I was making it worse... Alittle more time though and I can start bolting things back on... Pray for nice weather!!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
jesus! Has someone sprayed the steering wheel aswell? LOL. You fitting a ph2 dash in it?

Clio Mk1 Ph1
Yup steering wheel was sprayed :/ na just tidying up the ph1
White below to match the interior
The smoothing out the vents and tweets and *hopefully* guna trim the top of the dash with black suede to match my new steering wheel :D

Which reminds me any idea what amp fuse I'll need to bridge the airbag wires with?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Lol! And id defo reccomend ph2 dash. Much better in the ph1! And i think its a small 2 amp fuse. Thats whats in mine!

Clio Mk1 Ph1
2 amp? All I have is a 30.. Time for a trip to the DIY shop :p

If you put a ph2 into the ph1 where do the bolts, wires and vent pipes etc go? is it a fairly simple job or will I be doing abit of head scratching?