ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Wow.. sounds like one of my well planned weekends!

At least you're still kindda smiling!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Incredible story - onwards and upwards!
When you're balls deep mate, there's no other way!

Absolutely committed mate. Your mental health and to the car haha
Lol! Tbf, @BIGASH was the real saviour of my sanity mate.

Crazy story. Cars don't half test our patience at times like. On the plus side, it looks great on the back of wrecker lol.

Some of the driving in that EMS TV video was shocking!
Funnily enough, I thought the exact same thing when it was on the wrecker!

Yeah that's what kind of weekend that we were having in terms of bell ends on the circuit. The amount of t***s who ignored the yellow flag zone that I was in, was ridiculous and unsafe.

Blimey - I wondered what could of happened when i get a reply saying, the car is alright, we are alright but its the end of the weekend.
Real shame that it ended that way, but its sounds like it was destined to be that way - fair play for pushing on, and a real reflection on the mates you have, massive respect to all.

Glad you decided to keep the car - thats the beauty of having somewhere to store it, put it away - forget it and revisit it when you can.
This is going to give @BIGASH something to chat to my mate Luke about on my stag. Luke had similar luck whilst out at the ring in his prepped civic, except he got towed all the way home to somerset (on a rope) by a mate in his golf, luke was wrapped in his sleeping bag in the drivers seat just sucking in Diesel fumes.....
I think it was a pretty low moment for us both at that point mate. The realisation that the cup was funked and so were we, was not ideal.

OMG what f**** crazy story ..!
don't lose faith mate, This kind of story that build our personality down the road.
day to come when you look back and Laugh about it. and it's be more stunning if you fix it and go back there again :smile:
Unless it's a trackday and I have the cup on a trailer, I won't be going again.

s**t, I'd have burnt it and flown home lol Proper friends there, hope to see vids when it's fighting fit again :smile:
Lol!! Yeah most definitely! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they're some of the very best. When I get time I'll upload some of the GoPro footage - including the lap when the damage was done...

Sounds like a bat s**t crazy weekend you all had. I think you should burn down the nearest bmw dealer as it was clearly all caused by bmw's!
Lol I'll leave that job to James.

Wow.. sounds like one of my well planned weekends!

At least you're still kindda smiling!
Well it was certainly a change from the normal 'Ring weekends I've had before!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well a massive thanks to @LeeP86 the cup made its journey up the uk back to me in style!
image.jpeg
It's now home and tucked up in the garage.
image.jpeg
It's nice to finally draw a line in the sand and put this trip behind me.

The cup will return. :up:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That's travelling in style, I wonder how many people thought there was a mega bucks classic in there!

Still looks great, even when broken :cool:

richard1764

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, R33 GTR, UT
Glad you've got it back safe, gutted for you the way things panned out after all your efforts. Hope you bounce back and get sorted, would be great to see it in action.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Glad you've got it back safe, gutted for you the way things panned out after all your efforts. Hope you bounce back and get sorted, would be great to see it in action.
Yeah me too tbh. I have actually got some enthusiasm for ripping the box out and seeing what's let go. Curiosity more than anything.

Glad she is now home.....
And relax! Lol!

Good to see her home, poor baby just misses you tinkering with her intimate parts!
Cheers mate.

Where did you leave the car over there when you returned home? With a mate somewhere or in a garage? I'd have been worrying about it being nicked if it were me!

Looks mint in the photo of it coming off the trailer!

x

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
hurry up upload it lol
As soon as I get a free minute, I'll be on it mate.

Where did you leave the car over there when you returned home? With a mate somewhere or in a garage? I'd have been worrying about it being nicked if it were me!

Looks mint in the photo of it coming off the trailer!

x
I left it in a garage at the hotel mate. Perfectly safe and sound.

Clio 182
Hey mate.....that's bloody bad luck that, gutted for you!! At least the potential was there and the engine/diff etc was obviously working really well and looking like setting a good time if things hadn't conspired against you!
Have to get it out on some uk tracks instead once it's up and running again, no issue would be too big if you were at least in the uk, with you and your mates dedication!!
My box had been mint since it went back in the car and changed the engine mounts, hubs and diff have done 4 days on full chat since

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hey mate.....that's bloody bad luck that, gutted for you!! At least the potential was there and the engine/diff etc was obviously working really well and looking like setting a good time if things hadn't conspired against you!
Have to get it out on some uk tracks instead once it's up and running again, no issue would be too big if you were at least in the uk, with you and your mates dedication!!
My box had been mint since it went back in the car and changed the engine mounts, hubs and diff have done 4 days on full chat since
Hello Dave! Yeah bit of a shitter all round really, but onwards and upwards I suppose. I was supremely confident of a fast laptime too, but it just wasn't meant to be.
If it was to go s**t or bust in the uk I can use my AA recovery to get me home anyway! Lol!

Glad to hear the box and hubs are still serving you well buddy.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I personally don't see what the big deal is... :tonguewink:

Joking aside, that was a real gut-wrenching story to read through. What a comedy of, well, bad luck! It's little consolation but it made for a great read :) I'm glad you have reflected on events and that the Cup will live again. These things happen; although not usually all at once! Hat off to you and all involved - fair play!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I personally don't see what the big deal is... :tonguewink:

Joking aside, that was a real gut-wrenching story to read through. What a comedy of, well, bad luck! It's little consolation but it made for a great read :smile: I'm glad you have reflected on events and that the Cup will live again. These things happen; although not usually all at once! Hat off to you and all involved - fair play!
Lol - well compared to your problems along the years, I suppose that reads as a normal weekend!

At this moment in time, the thought to break it up and move on has crossed my mind more than once, so time will tell I guess.

A sensible offer on the engine would see it all shifting on I think.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - well compared to your problems along the years, I suppose that reads as a normal weekend!

At this moment in time, the thought to break it up and move on has crossed my mind more than once, so time will tell I guess.

A sensible offer on the engine would see it all shifting on I think.
Problems? Me? Never had any mate... :tonguewink: LOL!
I guess everything has it's price at the end of the day but, with all that's going on, I guess there's no real urgency to either fix it or sell it at the moment? Maybe a bit of time away from it whilst you focus on the imminent arrival of BabyNorthLoop; October will be here before you know it!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Problems? Me? Never had any mate... :tonguewink: LOL!
I guess everything has it's price at the end of the day but, with all that's going on, I guess there's no real urgency to either fix it or sell it at the moment? Maybe a bit of time away from it whilst you focus on the imminent arrival of BabyNorthLoop; October will be here before you know it!
Lol! You've got more patience than I have!!

No mate there's no real urgency to fix it or sell it, but I know what I'd want to replace it with. Just need to have a long think about it all.

Problem is, I see it everytime I go in the garage and it pisses me off. Plus, once the baby arrives, I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to pull the box out and strip it for repair.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Really hope you fix it and keep it Mark.

My favourite car on CS by a stretch and after all your efforts, it would be good if you could enjoy it for a while.

Saying that, it would make a nice addition to my collection lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
No mate there's no real urgency to fix it or sell it, but I know what I'd want to replace it with. Just need to have a long think about it all.

I have been in this position alot with mine (whilst its soooo far from working). The thing is i was never really sure what i would replace it with, sounds like you are a step further than i ever was, really would be a shame to see it go, but sometimes we do have to move on.... wish i never sold the valver for the 172 tbh