ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Lol! I did wonder last night!
I just read it back and thought oops everyones going to think im crazy with that comment [emoji23] ... yeah the outlet on the pump doesn't even have any barbs so could have easily slid off.. im surprised the fuel pressure didnt just blow it off.. theres the risk of overtightening it too and crushing the plastic outlet causing a leak

Safe to say, dont do it that way

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I just read it back and thought oops everyones going to think im crazy with that comment [emoji23] ... yeah the outlet on the pump doesn't even have any barbs so could have easily slid off.. im surprised the fuel pressure didnt just blow it off.. theres the risk of overtightening it too and crushing the plastic outlet causing a leak

I assumed the typo option mate, so your safe. Regards crushing the plastic, you'd have to be one heavy handed fucker to crush it I reckon.
This is how renaultsport do the cup racers for reference:
image.jpg
This is a 200 cup racer setup ^^^

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I assumed the typo option mate, so your safe. Regards crushing the plastic, you'd have to be one heavy handed fucker to crush it I reckon.
This is how renaultsport do the cup racers for reference:View attachment 134990This is a 200 cup racer setup ^^^
I was going to say thats how I'd do it.. most road car fuel pumps have the same plastic outlet design and they usually use the standard push on clips.. We had the same connector inside the tank to the pump on our GT3 cars too

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I was going to say thats how I'd do it.. most road car fuel pumps have the same plastic outlet design and they usually use the standard push on clips.. We had the same connector inside the tank to the pump on our GT3 cars too
That's how I was going to do mine as well tbh, but I just thought I'd give the adapters a try. The aeromotive quick connect adapters don't work with the renaults mate as there's not enough length on the outlet pipe. If the ring that it clips on to was further down the pipe and not so close to the body of the fuel pump housing/fuel rail they'd fit straight on. Inconsiderate s***s. Lol

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
That's how I was going to do mine as well tbh, but I just thought I'd give the adapters a try. The aeromotive quick connect adapters don't work with the renaults mate as there's not enough length on the outlet pipe. If the ring that it clips on to was further down the pipe and not so close to the body of the fuel pump housing/fuel rail they'd fit straight on. Inconsiderate s***s. Lol
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=170764095775&alt=web

So these wouldnt work?

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Just a little update, if anyone's interested in a set of custom aluminium brackets to mount brembos let me know! I'll have 10 sets soon to mount brembos on 300mm discs, or a 2 piece option that I'll be running in 295mm form.
No option of a 280mm setup, but if people are interested enough anything can be done. :cool:
How much?
I'm still running Seiz steel ones, would they be a straight replacement?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

These were my thoughts too - seems a pretty risky solution. :eek:

This is how renaultsport do the cup racers for reference:View attachment 134990This is a 200 cup racer setup ^^^

Thats the same as the x65 Mark. Just a regular 90° fitting with a ferrule to crimp it on.

172 Rally Car
I used the standard pump connector. I removed the plastic fuel line and replaced it with a braided line, secured with a mikalor(sp?) clamp.
Its been fine so far

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
How much?
I'm still running Seiz steel ones, would they be a straight replacement?
They will be about £140-£150 delivered mate. That includes all hardware required as well. Direct replacement as well so no faffing.
If I had more than 10 sets the price would drop to £120-£130 delivered. I can't afford to sit on that many though unfortunately.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
T'other end. My favourite place there is Tollo's where they do epic crepes. Is it still there on the front? And the Chinese on the corner?

53 Clio's & counting
I love tidy wiring - it's been about 5 years since I list had to build a loom (I made the engine loom for my mates Sierra XR4x4 - we fitted twin turbos and had to fit new management as it went low compression and ended up at near 300 bhp / torques lol) and I really enjoy it.

Its not as scary as people think - I find a lot of people get scared off, but as long as you take your time and use the right materials, I find it quite fun! :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I love tidy wiring - it's been about 5 years since I list had to build a loom (I made the engine loom for my mates Sierra XR4x4 - we fitted twin turbos and had to fit new management as it went low compression and ended up at near 300 bhp / torques lol) and I really enjoy it.

Its not as scary as people think - I find a lot of people get scared off, but as long as you take your time and use the right materials, I find it quite fun! :smile:
I enjoy it as well mate. In my job though I don't have the liberty of being able to take my time! I just have to get stuck in and try and find the problem.
I also like to leave things looking like a hand grenade has been thrown in the mix. Lol it scares the s**t out of everyone!!

53 Clio's & counting
FLOL!

I find my self getting a little too anal tbh, but my next project will get a proper loom, I have some great ideas for it and will be taking my time with this one :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Pm me some info on those brake bits please?

Hurry up and finish it too!
There's not much to pm about atm mate. They will be being made from alloy T7076 I think, can't remember off the top of my head though. The grade we are going to use is as strong as steel though, but obviously lighter. Another bonus is that they'll work with a wide range of calipers that share the 130mm spacing, so ap, Alcon, Porsche brembos etc will also fit. Can't comment on the discs though, but it's a piece of piss to work out bell offset and rotor sizes.
They'll be suitable for a 300mm disc, or a 295mm bell and rotor setup (that I'm going for) with a bit of machining to the caliper. I'm going for a weight reduction with the added benefit of wheel weight clearance you see.

Lol! Can't rush perfection mate! And your thread has been a bit quiet of late as well!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you happen to have the bolt spacing a for the hubs? I'm sure mine are the same as the clios but I'd like to make sure. I'm guessing their for radial mount calipers then?

No point updating mine, nobody cares lol.

Coolant is sorted as far as I can tell just got to sort a wiring issue out and I can use it properly then. Not had the weather to use it really lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Do you happen to have the bolt spacing a for the hubs? I'm sure mine are the same as the clios but I'd like to make sure. I'm guessing their for radial mount calipers then?

No point updating mine, nobody cares lol.

Coolant is sorted as far as I can tell just got to sort a wiring issue out and I can use it properly then. Not had the weather to use it really lol
142mm off the top of my head mate. Yeah designed for radial mount calipers bud.

Lol! Well at least your still making progress!