ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane r26
I wouldn't touch it after my experience. As long as the map is correct your pistons should be good for low 300's which is more than enough.

I think as long as the builder knows the traits and characteristics of the F4R and possible floors and areas of caution to take care in you'll be fine but in the name of performance when pushing numbers there's always the risk of it ending in tears

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So another little update. Had a day off the wiring and decided to get the pms decat modified to connect up to the Btb prototype centre section I'll be using.
The preferred method was to v band the connection, so a 2.5" v band flange and clamp was sourced.

Did a bit measure twice, cut once, and took it to work to weld it all up. It almost seemed a travesty to mig weld it as the tig welding on the Btb centre section is first class!

image.jpg

Back to the loom again now to try and get it finished. It's about 90% complete, so not far off.
I'll get the exhaust fired on over the weekend as well fingers crossed.

More to come!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
So another little update. Had a day off the wiring and decided to get the pms decat modified to connect up to the Btb prototype centre section I'll be using.
The preferred method was to v band the connection, so a 2.5" v band flange and clamp was sourced.

Did a bit measure twice, cut once, and took it to work to weld it all up. It almost seemed a travesty to mig weld it as the tig welding on the Btb centre section is first class!

View attachment 133525

Back to the loom again now to try and get it finished. It's about 90% complete, so not far off.
I'll get the exhaust fired on over the weekend as well fingers crossed.

More to come!
Please explain the extra tube going from the box into the tube?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Please explain the extra tube going from the box into the tube?
It's just a resonator pipe mate. To give the exhaust system a bit more noise and make it more performance biased there's no perforated tube in the middle box. It looks to solely rely on the small pipe transferring some of the noise.
It's also reduced the weight of the exhaust system substantially as the original centre box is quite large.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
It's just a resonator pipe mate. To give the exhaust system a bit more noise and make it more performance biased there's no perforated tube in the middle box. It looks to solely rely on the small pipe transferring some of the noise.
It's also reduced the weight of the exhaust system substantially as the original centre box is quite large.
no perforated pipe?, just a box with a tube out each end, or some damping material in there?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yet another small update! The exhaust system is now all fitted. The driveshafts are fitted and the bottom uniball holders are tight and the gear linkage is on and adjusted up.

All that's left to do is the fuel line (fandango adapters sorted), breather from the air box to cam cover and finish off the loom. Then it's just a case of fill it all up with fluids (not bodily ones), upload the start up map and turn the key.................:cool:

And a little piccy just because I can:
image.jpg
And a bit of motivation for 2016:
image.jpg

This was when it was on the kw v2's and 15's. Even had time to wave to the camera man! Ha ha!

More to come!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Fuel line made and fitted. Fandango adapters didn't work, so I modified them to work. :up:

I've covered the stainless braided fuel line in black nylon overbraid because it looked s**t under the bonnet imo!
image.jpg
Modified adapter:
image.jpg
Next week will see the loom finished off and making a start of refitting the upper inlet/air box.

More to come!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Fuel line looks great, easy enough to do? Could it essentially run through the car and in to the pump that way as well?
Yeah relatively straight forward mate. Are you wanting to run the stainless braided line in the car? If you do then the problem comes with connecting up to the pump with the adapters as they won't work. I modified mine to work at that particular point.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah relatively straight forward mate. Are you wanting to run the stainless braided line in the car? If you do then the problem comes with connecting up to the pump with the adapters as they won't work. I modified mine to work at that particular point.

I see, I remember Chrispy doing it with his ill need to look at how he joined it to the pump. You don't have a link for the fuel rail do you mate?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hey.. Chrispy is a mate of mine, and yeah he did.. this was his setup....
View attachment 134958
View attachment 134957
Yeah you see I didn't want to use jubile clips. The cup racers retained the oe clip on fitting with the stainless braided line crimped on and secured with a ferrule.

Ridiculous isn't it! You can't even see them when they're installed! Lol but it had to be jic fittings or factory look.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Fair play, made some decent progress with it all Mark - top effort mate! Just need to keep up the momentum and get her up & running.

I forgot about the fuel line photo. Will try remember for tomorrow sorry mate.

Is that fuel line on the pump union just secured with a hose tidy jubilee clip?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Fair play, made some decent progress with it all Mark - top effort mate! Just need to keep up the momentum and get her up & running.

I forgot about the fuel line photo. Will try remember for tomorrow sorry mate.

Is that fuel line on the pump union just secured with a hose tidy jubilee clip?
Cheers Paul! Yeah been cracking on fairly well mate. The momentum will remain now as well.
No worries on the fuel line pic mate, I've got sorted out with the fitting in the last update I did, but I know I can copy the cup racer set up if I need to.

Yeah that fuel lines secured with a hose tidy jubilee clip mate.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just a little update, if anyone's interested in a set of custom aluminium brackets to mount brembos let me know! I'll have 10 sets soon to mount brembos on 300mm discs, or a 2 piece option that I'll be running in 295mm form.
No option of a 280mm setup, but if people are interested enough anything can be done. :cool: