ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E46 M3 - First Proper Clean Pics

BMW F21 125d
I had to wait in today for a collection, which left me with a few hours spare so I used them well and gave the M3 a proper clean and a couple of coats of polish. I've owned it since December but today has been the first time I've had to polish it. And well, what a task it was, the paint was rough and covered in tar spots, 90% of which I can happily say are now gone.

It's an awesome machine and I'm glad I made the switch from a 182. The only things I've done so far are to change my front indicators for silvervisions and put some LED sidelight bulbs in. Future plans are probably going to be CSL wheels as the current wheels have been refurbished badly and have lost the OEM polished lip.

It's booked in at an independent garage on Tuesday next week for an Inspection 1 Service, Brake Fluid Change, I think it'll be EBC Yellow Stuff Pads all round (still not quite decided!), Goodridge Lines and ATE Super Blue Fluid.

The brakes, for me, are the only poor point, but its a lot of car to slow down compared to a 182 so it may just be me.

Anyway.

100_1346.jpg

100_1352.jpg

100_1348.jpg

100_1349.jpg

100_1350.jpg

:cool:

Open to comments and constructive criticism.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you complain about the brakes... then say you are fitting yellow stuff lol!!! you may as well use wood instead!!!

e91 330d/type r mini
very nice. i really want the weather to warm up a bit so i can get the machine polisher out on mine.
brakes are definately a week point on m3's, i dont know if my current m3 has some different pads fitted or not but it definately stops better than my last 2 m's

BMW F21 125d
Brake Pad wise it's a minefield, so many options and such a wide price point, tbh I might end up going to DS2500's I had these on the Clio and they were great. EBC Yellow R Compound are much improved over the yellow stuff of old.

Exhaust polish is on the list along with leather cleaner and conditioner for the interior.

JD - £12,600. 57k. Its a lot of money for a second hand car, but then, it's a lot of car.

Turbos.
Spot on. Later car benefits from slightly improved suspension, and its nice to know you've had all the engineering tweaks over the years that never get mentioned in the brochures.

Megane 225 F1
Lovely car. M3 is such an awesome car. I think it's safe to say it's at the top of a lot of peoples wanted list.

Brake Pad wise it's a minefield, so many options and such a wide price point, tbh I might end up going to DS2500's I had these on the Clio and they were great. EBC Yellow R Compound are much improved over the yellow stuff of old.

Exhaust polish is on the list along with leather cleaner and conditioner for the interior.

JD - £12,600. 57k. Its a lot of money for a second hand car, but then, it's a lot of car.

Well worth chap. Enjoy it!

BMW F21 125d
Cheers for the comments, I was quite anti and stereotypical about BMWs before I drove one, but the M3 is something else, such an over-engineered piece of awesome-ness! As it stands, in two years time I'll buy an E92 v8 M3, unless my circumstances change.

Megane Diesel / 172
View attachment 70380

Nice buy mate, with regards to the exhaust have a look at the Scorpion Stainless Backbox, I put one on mine and the sound was lovely, deeper but still with that raspy M3 sound.

500 quid and I loved it!

e91 330d/type r mini
View attachment 70380

Nice buy mate, with regards to the exhaust have a look at the Scorpion Stainless Backbox, I put one on mine and the sound was lovely, deeper but still with that raspy M3 sound.

500 quid and I loved it!
thats alot of money for an exhaust that doesnt do a great deal.would rather stick with the stock exhaust and keep £500 in me pocket.

BMW F21 125d
Really am torn between OEM 19s refurbed properly or CSL Reps with various finish options over on cutters. We'll see come spring as I can get another couple of months out of my tyres yet.

e91 330d/type r mini
i had csl's on my last m3 for 3 years and its quite nice refreshing change having standard oem polished 19's on my latest one.
if you do go for csl's then keep them silver they look much better :)