ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E30 325i Project

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Amazing fun, that thing.

You're just an ESP/Traction control loving Jessie. xx

Lol I don't have DSC/TC/ABS at the moment, my car doesn't worry me at all, yours was something else!

Thought you were Jessie anyway, ripping apart the block to replace the piston rings that got fried xx

For the record I had Budgie down as Jessie as well.

Loving this a bit to much. Browsed my way through most of the E30 section on PH's lol!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Whoever likes Tuna the most is Brian.

lol. I have Tuna sarnies everyday for lunch :eek:

Also, on behalf of the mad scientist:

th_8243EB46-3AF7-4D32-AA7D-77FE0B0F0E0E-4736-0000051B423BB3FB.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Oooh, video of it running. Like a real working car. I'm impressed. Only joking Budgerigar / Jessie - I think its great work. At least it would be, if the video worked. Fail by Brian / 'The Buster'.

Dave is clearly Brian, if he eats Tuna. Lol at Vish - spot on.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Just a sec.. if:

Budgie = Jesse
Sir_Dave = Brian

surely that means that Nick172Cup = Vince?

Let me know if you want an E36 for parts, lol

330i. E30 Touring.
Nick is definitely Vince.

Or Hector.

What's wrong with the 328? I want it for my daily!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nick is Vince because he's always angry and grumpy? Sounds about right to me lol

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I was thinking Mike would want to drop the engine into the E30. The E36 is in perfect running order, just need to decide what my best cash price is!

330i. E30 Touring.
So, a busy weekend. I took Friday off to concentrate on this.

After 30 mins:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360017193.217708.jpg

Bonnet off, old leaky rad out, coolant hoses and viscous fan out. Ready to do the cambelt.

Plenty more space than on an F4R.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360017248.213872.jpg

The initial result was disappointing- the car was misfiring- turns out I'd put two of the leads the wrong way round. Schoolboy.

Put them the right way around again and now it was struggling to fire! Checked the spark and it was fine- checked the fuel, all appeared fine. Stripped it back down again to check I'd not cocked up the timing and all was fine.

Rechecked the fuel and it not enough was getting to the rail, so I bodged up a direct line from the pump to the feed and all works fine, so need to see what the problem is there.

All running sweet as a nut now, and it moved under it'a own steam! Managed to drive it out of the garage! :)

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers guys!

Still hoping I can have it ready for Saturday to put on the rolling road!

330i. E30 Touring.
Started with 170bhp apparently.

Will be interesting to see if it does the usual BMW trick of kicking out a bit more. My last 328 put out 16bhp more than stated!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome work mate, I hope it does make it tomorrow. Whatever the weather, you need to roll into SRR with roof down, and your arm nonchalantly resting on the window.

Be interested to see way it makes. Fancy taking my fog lights and arch liners out whilst we're there. I'll buy you lunch if you do :)

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, no worries mate. I'll bring the toolkit in the car and we'll whip them out.

Spent a few hours on it the last couple of nights.

Completely flushed the fuel system, flushed, filled and bled the coolant. Refitted the bonnet and seats. They're still filthy though. :(

Basically need to fit some tyres, an exhaust and clean up the brakes, then it'll be ready for the rollers.

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers mate. You making the trip round tomorrow for the rollers? Run the Zed?

It's still a long way off saleable (or how I'd be happy) though- all perishables need inspecting and testing. Coolant hoses are being trusted for now, but I'm pretty sure all engine bay hoses could do with being swapped out, so that will happen in the not too distant future.

Will use it as a oil and coolant flush and fill opportunity again.

Need to do the diff and box oil also- might try and squeeze that in tomorrow if I can get this Clio gearbox done in time...

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yep, no worries mate. I'll bring the toolkit in the car and we'll whip them out.

Spent a few hours on it the last couple of nights.

Completely flushed the fuel system, flushed, filled and bled the coolant. Refitted the bonnet and seats. They're still filthy though. :(

Basically need to fit some tyres, an exhaust and clean up the brakes, then it'll be ready for the rollers.

Happy days. I'll text Luke to get him to bring his camera.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Hoping Luke or someone brings a camera tomorrow tbh- all I've got is the iPhail.

Hi sugar tits. Camera will be there.

I'm expecting you to rock up, roof down and in a white suit, FYI. Shirt with an oversized collar too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate. You making the trip round tomorrow for the rollers? Run the Zed?

It's still a long way off saleable (or how I'd be happy) though- all perishables need inspecting and testing. Coolant hoses are being trusted for now, but I'm pretty sure all engine bay hoses could do with being swapped out, so that will happen in the not too distant future.

Will use it as a oil and coolant flush and fill opportunity again.

Need to do the diff and box oil also- might try and squeeze that in tomorrow if I can get this Clio gearbox done in time...

I've got car things to do tomorrow mate or I'd be there, sorry :(

I didn't even know it was happening TBH, some bender called Luke didn't tell me anything about it.

330i. E30 Touring.
Excuses. :(

Spent another couple of hours on the e30 tonight.

Will hopefully be OK to run. Need to give it an Italian tune-up first to make sure the limiter is reliable! :)

330i. E30 Touring.
Few pics from the last 24 hours.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360500260.487075.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360500274.805599.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360500288.340680.jpg

I failed hard at the RR day- didn't tighten the header tank cap tight enough and ended up pissing coolant everywhere. What a donut.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Couldn't run it Russ. I'll get some pics up later Mike, one of the Cornish Pixie pushing it off the RR.