ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 now available for 182 Cup?

Lionel Richie
Its only taken them 9 years LOL (it is true, i asked Bilstein UK to do it about 18months ago and they sent them to K-tec to be "tested")

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
ye they are a lot cheaper than the H&Rs plus they also beat the spax for price :S now what do i do!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Hmm tbh I'm liking the bilsteins and price is also very nice! I also like I can't play with them too much lol

What are they like with a whiteline arb?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I run the b14s with whiteline. It's awesome, and the full cage probably helps. But I need to run tyres other than road tyres to confirm fully. I was on road Pirellis at Bedford.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
What are they like on trackday tyres? I always found quite a lot of roll on mine even with just road tyres.

Any issues with rubbing under hard cornering?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Sweet baby jesus they've arrived. f**k it my engine is getting put on hold and these are getting purchased :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed this the other day while browsing KAMs site, 3 years too late for me :(

do we get 10% off at kam racing as well?

Depends, email them. They give discount on some products, but not all ime.

What are they like on trackday tyres? I always found quite a lot of roll on mine even with just road tyres.

Any issues with rubbing under hard cornering?

Alot of roll???
PR_130216_MSVT_BA_0215.jpg

PR_130216_MSVT_BA_1549.jpg

PR_130216_MSVT_BA_2045.jpg

Seems acceptable to me!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It felt like a fair amount of roll mate yes so was just interested to see how they cope on track day tyres.

Are those pics on road tyres?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks pretty good to me also. Though with everything if the drivers ham fisted then it'll make the suspension look 's**t'. When really, if you drive smoother and adapt your driving style to the spec of the car, then driving is so much easier/enjoyable.

This is ClioSport Nick, people dont consider their inability to drive, they just fit spaffy coilovers and R888's to go fast.

Bilsteins are epic, id gladly fit them to a 182.

This is ClioSport Nick, people dont consider their inability to drive, they just fit spaffy coilovers and R888's to go fast.

I had this conversation with a customer yesterday with an MSD vectra.

He was complaining about knocking from his coilovers. Wanted me to have a look.'put it in the air and found they were cheap s**t, I told him that the shocks are knackered as there's no play in anything else. He couldn't understand why a £189 set of coilovers was leaking after just a year? I tried explaining that you'll never get a decent ride aswell as a long lasting coilovers for £50 a corner.

Cup In bits
Didn't Phil cup sell up because of too much roll with 888's, Danlp6's picture above is leaning a good bit at the front IMO. If you change direction your going to see a good 100mm or more of droop.

Cant have everything for £650

Didn't Phil cup sell up because of too much roll with 888's, Danlp6's picture above is leaning a good bit at the front IMO. If you change direction your going to see a good 100mm or more of droop.

Can imagine with stickier tyres you'll get a bit more roll with the sheer extra grip. But tbf, I think that amount of roll's alright, given that the suspension is so versatile for both having fun on track and most of all... Road.

Want stiffer suspension, then sacrifice road comfort, if not, then go with these and if they roll 'too much', then learn to drive better.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Yup good point don't get me wrong I like a bit of roll and the b14's did feel great but I was quite low at front and I always knew if I went on track I would of had to raise the front to stop it scrubbing. And that was on parada spec 2's!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Phil also moans all the time that RAINsports overheat on a dry trackday, so i wouldnt take everything he says as gospel ;)

Lol. Tbh, when I drove your Trophy at Bedford, what suspension did it have? Sachs or H&R'S (Bilsteins pretty much)? As even with quite a bit of roll and R888's that was actually more fun to drive on track than my old disciplined stiff FK Konigsport setup on my Cup.

Plus I was still running rings round caged 'track cars' with yours ;)

Tbh it didn't feel like it was rolling around atall. But also, I have mine set quite high, higher than eibach springs!

Yeah Sir_Dave had his H&R'S set at near on standard ride height and I personally think they work better like that! The Bilsteins on my cup currently are as I got the car, and too low. Handles okay on the road but I don't really push the car hard. Could do with being set higher so they are more compliant in general.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was like this and I know for a fact there would have been scrubbing issues on track, not sure if pulling all the arch liners out would help though but i always wanted to keep mine.

7234557810_e530269004_z.jpg

DSCF4208 by Adam1182, on Flickr