ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 now available for 182 Cup?

Here's mine:
54C9B160-B7EF-4E95-8B14-AF7692BC3461-763-000001067F895865_zps9b5f1e65.jpg

Cup In bits
Can imagine with stickier tyres you'll get a bit more roll with the sheer extra grip. But tbf, I think that amount of roll's alright, given that the suspension is so versatile for both having fun on track and most of all... Road.

Want stiffer suspension, then sacrifice road comfort, if not, then go with these and if they roll 'too much', then learn to drive better.

Yup good point don't get me wrong I like a bit of roll and the b14's did feel great but I was quite low at front and I always knew if I went on track I would of had to raise the front to stop it scrubbing. And that was on parada spec 2's!

No doubt they are a compromise for out and out performance, reasonably priced though, got a good name to them so I'm sure they are fine for a road car/track.

Mike on here that rally's a cup racer actually runs these inserts in his racer Billy's and is quite chuffed, you need more compliance for rallying so would be better suited to his purposes.

Like I said, you can expect too much for £650

Phil also moans all the time that RAINsports overheat on a dry trackday, so i wouldnt take everything he says as gospel ;)

TBF he's not the first person I have heard complain about them, middle budget road tyre can't be asked for miracles.

I guess you have quite a smooth/progressive driving style? I would shred them no problem, too much tread/blocks.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah Sir_Dave had his H&R'S set at near on standard ride height

Yup, we set them at the same height as Sachs/Sportlines & they were very good imho. Same dampers as the Bilsteins, different springs as far as im aware? You drove it on the Sachs at Bedford Nick, and yeah, as you say, even then it would quite happily keep up with caged/stripped/sticky tyres things - i did the same there the other day, with a completely standard car on knackered A048's.

I guess you have quite a smooth/progressive driving style? I would shred them no problem, too much tread/blocks.

Im so smooth on track that Sarah still falls asleep in a Trendline without a harness, & i dont tend to get overtaken that much ...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoken to Kam racing about these and they had a few issues with the ones they got in stock so they have had to send them back to Bilstein for a bit more testing from what I could gather on the phone.

He also mentioned that he doesn't think they can do a discount on these at all :(.

He's got my contact details so will let me know when its updated and I'll update the thread when they are officially available.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
If I recall correctly the B14's were actually developed (valved) for the Ring. They have a fair bit of give in them because the last thing you want on the Ring is an uber stiff setup. And remember, you don't want to eradicate body roll, you need it, you just want controlled body roll, which is different.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just spoken to Kam racing about these and they had a few issues with the ones they got in stock so they have had to send them back to Bilstein for a bit more testing from what I could gather on the phone.

He also mentioned that he doesn't think they can do a discount on these at all :(.

He's got my contact details so will let me know when its updated and I'll update the thread when they are officially available.

Are you sure it's problems as I spoke to then yesterday and they said they are waiting for them to come in and they need a 182cup to test them on soon after.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, well the person I spoke to mentioned sending them back for more testing and was going on about holes at the back, I imagine this to be the part where it mounts to the hub possibly was incorrect still. He said he has spoken to them this morning about sending them back.

Sounds bit odd they tell you that and me something else though :S.

Yep, well the person I spoke to mentioned sending them back for more testing and was going on about holes at the back, I imagine this to be the part where it mounts to the hub possibly was incorrect still. He said he has spoken to them this morning about sending them back.

Sounds bit odd they tell you that and me something else though :S.

I'll bump this as it saves creating a new thread. I'm looking at these from Kamracing for my Clio instead of the GAZ GHA's, does anyone know if these issues mentioned have been ironed out yet? I'm wanting to order on Monday.

If not I'll give them a bell tomorrow and see what they say.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting to hear from them mate didn't want to nag and the Clio is costing me a fortune lately any way. Was going to ring them again in a couple weeks to see what's going on. There waiting on Bilstein to send some out and then they will be trialling them on my car when they get them and if all is well I imagine they will be available straight away.

If you speak to them tomorrow update the thread on the situation though please :)

Still waiting to hear from them mate didn't want to nag and the Clio is costing me a fortune lately any way. Was going to ring them again in a couple weeks to see what's going on. There waiting on Bilstein to send some out and then they will be trialling them on my car when they get them and if all is well I imagine they will be available straight away.

If you speak to them tomorrow update the thread on the situation though please :)

I will do buddy, only thing is I want to be ordering them on Monday so not sure what I am doing to do! I have little patience!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There's the H&R which I have been tempted by although a little too expensive for my liking.

There's the H&R which I have been tempted by although a little too expensive for my liking.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I spoke to them and he said its incorrect measurements on the initial batch. He's been busy so not had chance to chase it up but he will do. Told me to call on Monday and he will let me know where they are at with it.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
i rang bilstein today and the wait will be 4-6 weeks due to them having to go through re-manufacture :S

Spoke to Kam today. Apparently Bilstein have fitted these to a 182 Cup and they are under testing. Kam expect to have these late this week for delivery early next week if all goes well with the testing. They have produced 50 sets they told me.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep also spoke to bilstein they are just tracking the car up and prepping it so should know by Friday or Monday when we can pay for them :)

That was a sudden turn around from 4-6 weeks lol

Lionel Richie
^Welcome to Bilstein, they can take forever or be really quick, very hit and miss with their time scales!