ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big decision ( all out of love with the car, advice neeeded)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I no f**k all about engines, but keep going mate.

It might be the shitiest thing that might cost you a couple of quid to fix and can then give you long hours on fun.

Keep at it! It'll come!

Sam!

Do it! The hardest bit is over with now (buying it, fitting it in, plugging everything in etc.) and it's just one small problem. If you stop now you've wasted your money and your car. If you carry on, it will all be worth the hard work and money you've put in!

Clio 172 ph2
It must be relatively simple if the engine only cuts out when the steering is turned.Is the steering physically catching something, Have you trapped a loom or earth. Is it software corruption somewhere. How about ESP/traction control issue cutting engine out when it shouldn't be?

I must admit, i admire your determination but i've always been one to go for the real thing rather than modifying a lesser car, even if the lesser car ends up faster i'd rather have the real deal!

God luck to you though

M135i
i really dont know :dapprove: At a guess of 95% i would say it is a electrical fault but i dont know enough to be certain.

Im getting to the point of just finidng someone to trust and saying here have the car, ring me when i can collect it up and its running perfectly, but i dont i dont trust alot of guys/garages so its about finding the right place.

I would sent it down to NW performance but if it is more to do with the electrical side am i best off sending it to an auto electriction ?

Thanks for all the help/info/support, Feel like i need it as its really doing my head in now

M135i
Still a no go :dapprove: havent really looked at it for a week or so. ive been sortin a few bits from my old engine as i have bits and pieces all over the place

Is the paas valve the little sensor down at the front of the engine, below your fuel guard rail ?

What would happen if i just unplpugged it ?

Thanks guys :) ... giving me a little bit of hope

alien green rs133
dude from our hours of convo's on msn
I'm sure its something simple but with out actually being present its hard to diagnose.

you will get there.

if not ill buy it.

M135i
dude from our hours of convo's on msn
I'm sure its something simple but with out actually being present its hard to diagnose.

you will get there.

if not ill buy it.

Come get it, take it away do what ever you want with it just get it working !!!!! lol

2=clio 200
Dont sell it. You will definately always regret it. I recommend getting an automotive electrician type character to give it a fine look over.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Dont give up, you checked the distributer cap, ignition cables, is there compression in all cylinders, wot about the fuel pump as well.

sorry if av mis spelt anything, lol
keep at it tho.

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
i suggest fuel pump aswell mate. try and find out the 1.2 pump flow rate and compare against RS pump. (if their different)