ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to fit fabia splitter

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I got some tape and put it in place then worked out from the centre.

I put 20 tappers in mine. Ha

banther

ClioSport Club Member
My technique was to wait until it had rained really hard then got the girlfriend to help me whilst having a massive argument and the dog going nuts.

Worked out perfectly.

You can borrow her and the dog if you'd like?

Jacked the car up and used Self tappers, had a pal work ahead of me and hold the splitter in position whilst I drove self tappers in. Used about 15/16 tappers lol.

Didn't even need to take the bumper off, sits flush :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My technique was to wait until it had rained really hard then got the girlfriend to help me whilst having a massive argument and the dog going nuts.

Worked out perfectly.

You can borrow her and the dog if you'd like?

LOL standard

172 Cup
You can use the tabs on the splitter make it project evenly along the bottom of the bumper, or at least that's what I did and it worked nicely! Find and mark the centres of both the splitter and the bumper too - it'll help you align them more accurately relative to the nearside and offside of the car.

RB Clio 182
If doing it on your own....put the selftappers in the spoiler first.....it's awkward trying to hold everything in place ;)

+1, also start from the centre and work your way around to the edges, dont cut the ends off until its fitted, i made this mistake and it was a few mm short at each end which bugged me to smithereens!

Done mine earlier, on a downward facing drive, couldn't get a cordless under so I used one of those snakey type drill extension thingamajigs and it's all over the place. Some parts stick out a mm here and there. Going to redo it at some point before I rip it off. I'm a bit ocd like that.