ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best air filter or induction kit?

1.2 Clio 75Bhp
I have a 1.2 16v clio
just wondering what would sound better? (or let the car perform better)

also what is the difference :)

thanks

Mk3 clio 1.5
any non standard filter/induction kit will sound better than standard. or for a free improvement, pull out the cold feed into the airbox for a better sound.

performance wise, there aint gonna be no difference, apart from sounding louder, giving the feeling of going faster.

the differnce in quality is what the filter is made from, but tbh for a standard engine, you aint wanting to be paying out for performance parts + PRICES

Mk3 clio 1.5
i've heard of people claiming their 1.2's are actually slower at the top end with induction kits fitted.
Engines with induction kits fitted typically see the power gains quite high up the RPM range. However low end power can be compromised. In small engines the effect of an induction kit is often a noticeable loss of low end power.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I tried both a piperx and a piperx viper on my 1.2, wouldn't waste the money tbh. Put it towards an exhaust, then you will see the difference. (albeit not a massive one!!)

Mk3 clio 1.5
I tried both a piperx and a piperx viper on my 1.2, wouldn't waste the money tbh. Put it towards an exhaust, then you will see the difference. (albeit not a massive one!!)
a backbox aint gonna change anything to be quite honest. i mean bhp wise, maybe throttle reponse. maybe a 4-2-1 or 4-1 decat and straight through stainless your gonna be looking at gains, buut nothing your ecu knows about, without a map your going to see little change.