ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best 1.6 car to buy for up to 3.5k

Vauxhall Combo!
I would recommend a Zetec-S anyday, just go for a phase 2 with lower mileage as the bottom end is stronger.

Check the oil and ask the owner how often he has to top it up, if it's low on oil walk away- listen for a noisy bottom end too they're prone for breaking.

Through corners in a Zetec-S there is pretty much few cars that can match it's ability, sure it isn't the fastest car you could own but it will definately put a smile on your face.

Oh yeah, go for the mk5, the eurobox mk6 ist langweilig!!

astra coupe on coilovers
I wasn't saying that they aren't chavvy, I said DISREGARDING that they are chavvy, meaning, they are chavvy, but ignore that point.

he wants something cheap to insure.

8 seconds, that is not dreadful at all :eek: for you to cut just over a second off to insure a Clio 182 cup, the insurance category doubles! I think that it is a VERY reasonable 0-60 time for such a low insurance category

Corsas are dated? Sorry, I didn't realise that they released the new shape in 2006... :approve: making the C2 more outdated as that was released in 04, latest.

and as I said, I THINK that the C2 is ugly, I just don't like cars like all of the newer shape cars that are coming out, they all have massive rears and I dislike them.

Anyways, I would stick with the Corsa 1.8 SRI, or... even consider a Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTi 16V (150ps) and get it remapped :)
you wont get a 1.9cdti less than 5 grand and thats for a shitter ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
duno if its been said but a 106 GTi or Rallye dunno weather ou can insure them but give it a go lovely cars to drive very nippy and comftable