ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BBS LOOK ALIKE WHEEL.....TRIMS! yes or no?

Well i did have some rusty steels on my car and wanted it to look nicer so bought a pair of these to see what it might be like to have a pair of lenso bsx or even real BBS wheels on :) i guess in the meantime its better than my steelies but i think it look chavy :L any recommendations of what wheels i could go for? and I'm lowering it soon :) I'm only 17 so money & don't have the money for expensive wheels plus it makes my insurance rise like a b**ch! but yeah for a cheap option it don't look to bad :)

7098640379_9030f735a4_z.png

6952570342_5b151a2f09_z.png

6952571850_23310042ed_z.png

7098642005_3b1fcde175_z.png

tbh i should be trim whores .... but that would work as well .... ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
They look ok for now just to tidy the car up a little... I did LOL at Wheel Trims and a WheelWhores sticker on the same car.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol! They don't look half bad though :) it may be easier/cheaper for you to get some 17'' alloys as I'm guessing that'd be cheaper on insurance than smaller wheels and lows.

Ring tthem up and ask how much it'd be to add aftermarket wheels and suspension, you may be surprised at the price :approve:

S4 Avant
Wheel whores, really?

Saw a bog standard mini with the same sticker. I shook my head at that one as well.

Bux

Golf GTD
And stop using horrid instagram filters that make your photos look yellow

Also, taking pics from such a low angle makes it look higher than it actually is.

The trims look alright, I had some halfords ones on my 1.2 for my first year because of insurance, just had to live with it until i got my 1 years ncb and put on my alloys.

Oh, and get rid of the wheel-whores sticker, it does look silly without proper alloys on. Otherwise it does look tidy mate

:lolup: might do ;) .... I've just seen some black borbet a's 16inch with tyres for £270 .... I'm tempted....what do people think? i know its not the usual thing people do on here but yeah... :)

I think 16" is going to be a bit too small for a MK3, especially if you plan on lowering it a lot. You might get away with it, but Borbet A's tend to look better in bigger sizes IMO.

£270 isn't bad though (depending on condition), and I imagine you wouldn't have much trouble selling them on if you didn't like them.

yeah the majority of borbet a's cost around £400 or at least what I've seen! might give them ago for a bit! like you say selling them shouldn't be much trouble :)

get rid of the stickers, you will get taken more seriously as it makes the car look cluttered and screams i pick 12 year olds up from McDonalds.

i would go for a set of multi spoke trims and get them done black just to tie in with you B&W colour scheme

SQ5
Just buy some Renault alloy wheels from a higher spec model, it won't put up insurance as all cars come with different options.

bebo! wow i haven't been on that or heard about it in ages ..... :L... wheres the best place to get renault alloys from? 17inch ones in black would probably look the best.

53 Clio's & counting
Take some normal pictures of the car so we can see what they actually look like, I see more grass than hub cap

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
So just to recap on your yes or no thread on your hubcaps, you will need to ....

A. take the sticker off.
B. lower it by '18 yards'.
C. colour code it.
D. stop using horrid instagram filters.
E. dont use :L anymore.

Fair play to you for having a nice car so young, I had a red going pink Renault 5 with literally everything broken on it. As far as hubcaps go I'd say they're some of the better looking ones I've seen.

I don't see the problem really. From a distance they look okay. Certainly better than steeliies with no caps.

His insurance won't allow alloys. So this is a better choice.

yeah i've removed the pedo stickers :L .... oh s**t i did it again -__- .... gone back to steelies but have my trims in the boot :) might colour code it ... its not instagram ;) and I'm lowering it soon! whats best coils or springs? springs are cheaper but does it lower the car enough?

Bux

Golf GTD
I'm lowering it soon! whats best coils or springs? springs are cheaper but does it lower the car enough?

Have you checked with insurance about lowering it then? I'd have thought that trying to do any mods on it would make your insurance go up like crazy.

Personally I would go for springs and shocks, with about 60mm drop. Unless you want to slam it, in which case get coilies.

dont wanna slam it ... just yet :) but i would be nice to put it down a bit cause atm its on stilts! I'm gonna decide on how I'm gonna lower it first then ask my insurance company...will be interesting :approve:

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I personally to tie in with your black and white scheme, take the trims of...Sell em. Paint the lip on the steelie white and then deck it.

i was thinking of doing that ....just to be a little different! weekend project perhaps :eek: I'm gonna spray them white first , see what it looks like...then black centre, if it looks alright i'll keep it but if not they'll be all black again with a white base coat! i'll post some pictures and that up when i do.