ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steves' PH2 200T

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Sorry mate - I took it to a garage for my springs fitting and they threw the spacers on whilst they were at it.
I've heard they are not too difficult though (too difficult for me, which isn't hard).
Sorry I can't give you more than that

2014 Clio 200t edc
Sorry mate - I took it to a garage for my springs fitting and they threw the spacers on whilst they were at it.
I've heard they are not too difficult though (too difficult for me, which isn't hard).
Sorry I can't give you more than that
No it’s ok. I’m going to give them a try at the weekend. I’ve looked and ‘don’t think’ I’ll have to remove the bottom strut bolt so might be ok. I can only try!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Seeing as though the thread has been bumped, I've bought an ITG induction system as well as stud and nut conversion kits for the front and rear.
Longer wheel bolts make me nervous for some reason (sorry, monger bolts as per @Louis).

I'll probably get both bits fitted over the next few weeks, eventually I'd like to get it mapped however it's not really a priority with a new house build due to be completed (and paid for) in 2 months and a wedding (to be paid for) in 5 months.

So with that, I'll probably look to get it mapped in a month or two 🙃.

PFA

PXL_20220513_082142199.jpg

PXL_20220513_082129811.jpg

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
This does look great in the flesh too!
I'll see if I can get some better pics, for some reason it looks a bit sh*t in that second picture (imo), I need to get away from the up-close driveway shots (like someone of an older generation opening their front-facing camera), doesn't do it any favours.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Doing my part for the weekend, in that I cleaned it for the first time this year!

PXL_20220714_120402232.jpg

PXL_20220714_120551815.jpg

I also added an ITG induction system. The noise is pretty addictive (and slightly anti-social), good fun.
PXL_20220714_120626288.jpg

PXL_20220714_120629720.jpg

Now it's ready to go for some festival this weekend, Bingley arts and crafts weekender isn't know what's going to hit it, get ready 👊.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Thanks mate.
Can you update your thread please, I want to see the 4 new 340s and 17 new bikes.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
So after Saturday I'm now inspired to experience the car on track (like many), not specifically CSF'23 but at any given opportunity, hopefully in the new year. Then again, I drove home feeling inspired, however the next day I went to a local classic car event and drove home thinking about how much a british racing green Triumph would set me back, ho hum.

I'm not mechanical by any means and happy to admit that, however there are a number of factors in my head I need to clear up, so hopefully you guys can help:
  1. It's running widened 225 tyres over standard 205s on Cooksport springs (20mm front spacers, 10mm rear shims). Fine for road use, however I fear differently on track in regards to rubbing. Would it be worth downgrading the tyre size to say, 215 or 205 just to be sure? Maybe even a 2nd set of wheels as I really like the 225s.
  2. I've got a stud a nut kit to fit, over longer bolts. I assume there's no danger to using spacers on track (might be a stupid question), alternatively just remove them for the day.
  3. Pilot Sport 4s, yay or nay?
  4. It's on completely standard disks and pads, however the rears are showing age and squealing slightly. I'm thinking that they might need replacing soon however as it's a 95% daily, I'm happy just to go OEM. Fine for track use?
Otherwise, I'm looking at getting an exhaust next followed by a remap. The thought of it not sounding like a wind turbine, and running up to 230-240bhp is quite attractive to me.

Thanks

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Spare set of wheels and some decent 215 rubber, get a decent set of pads up front and just refresh the fluid. I run stud and nut with front spacers (to clear the brakes) and it's absolutely fine

Honestly, I said this to @The Crop Duster, just go out and have a laugh, trying to compete and break your car is a good way to make yourself miserable. Take mates out in the car and have a laugh. @Sir_Dave took out a standard diesel Mini 😂

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
You're organising another Curborough day? 😬.
Yeah that's a good shout, however I drove Blyton a couple years back in my EP3 so I'm quite familiar with the layout already.
It's more just ensuring this car is a ready as can be really, it's just a daily driver with a few mods bolted on however I'm not too sure if what I've done/doing is suitable for throwing it around on track.
I'm probably too paranoid for my own good!

2014 Clio 200t edc
You're organising another Curborough day? 😬.
Yeah that's a good shout, however I drove Blyton a couple years back in my EP3 so I'm quite familiar with the layout already.
It's more just ensuring this car is a ready as can be really, it's just a daily driver with a few mods bolted on however I'm not too sure if what I've done/doing is suitable for throwing it around on track.
I'm probably too paranoid for my own good!
I’d be up for curborough too. Mk4 meet up.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Updates.

Bought another set of wheels, kindly found by @Tubbs Vice on FB. 18" PH1 trophy wheels wrapped in NS-2Rs, in 225/40/18 which is the same size I'm using currently. Even better, the tyres have hardly been used, so much so there's still sticker residue on the surface, I'd consider these a bargain at £400 all in.

Wheels _ 1.jpeg

There's only one notable scuff on the rim, but it doesn't bother me at all.
Wheels _ 2.jpg

Next up, exhaust.
Took me a while to decide what to go for as there's numerous options with these, practically everyone on the FB pages will tell you to go for something different, from full systems to res deletes to ghost mods.
I decided on a Scorpion non-res cat-back system as I thought they were fairly priced and most importantly, one of the least anti-social options you can go for. I always said I wanted it louder but nothing stupid, and this system seemed to be the winner in that regard.

I'm very happy already, downshifts are a proper giggle. Pics of the system, I'll see if I can grab a quick video at the weekend.

Exhaust _ 1.png

Exhaust _ 2.png

Exhaust _ 3.png

Exhaust _ 4.png

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Update - Blyton Park 04.03

I went into this day knowing full well my discs and pads were on their last legs so decided to just go for it and send them off in style. I tried to keep my sessions fairly short and I wasn't leaving it too late on the brakes, however that was also partly due to my own confidence levels.

Steady away in the morning as I still consider myself both a novice and inexperienced, however by the afternoon I was really getting into my groove and finding both mine and the cars limits. The NS-2Rs were brilliant, I knew exactly where to place the car and had so much confidence in it, I was grinning ear to ear at times, so much fun.

I had full intention of swapping back to my usual wheels at the end of the day wrapped in PS4s however decided to do this mid-afternoon as I wanted to see how they performed on track too. Bearing in mind they're almost 2 years old they were very very good. Bit more squeal/squirm than the former however that didn't take anything away, I was really throwing the car round by this point and they doing the job just fine.

The day seemed quite busy looking at the pits but it was quite a lonely affair out there for the most part - my last 2 sessions I pretty much had the track to myself bar a couple of others.

To conclude, the car is absolutely mega, I feel on a high after the day and very motivated to book another and look at some further upgrades, the obvious being discs and pads to begin with.

Number 1.jpg

Number 2.jpg

Number 3.jpg

Number 4.jpg

I attended the day with a couple of others, first being my brother-in-law with his Lotus 2-Eleven. First time I've had the opportunity to jump in the passenger seat in this, incredible thing!

Kyle 1.jpg

Kyle 2.jpg

My friend also came in his MG Midget with an A-Series turbo, probably clocked more laps than any other car there on the day, brilliant fun.

Nicholas 1.jpg

Nicholas 2.jpg

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Updates

New brakes were required all around after Blyton in March, was originally going to go for stock discs however the Brembo HC discs seemed like a reasonable choice instead, with coupled with DS2500 pads all around.

With that being sorted it was on to the next track session, this time at Cadwell Park along with @Chode Lint.

PXL_20230601_074442991.jpg

I've seen this track plenty of times on videos etc but this was my first time visiting in person. Being honest, I found the track to be both terrifying and fantastic at the same time, couldn't believe the ups and downs and general twistiness of the course, and how slim it was in some areas.

On the first session I was following Kyle and spotted a bit of smoke out the back, one lap later and it was bellowing so he returned to the pits to find the car pissing gearbox oil all over the ground (see his thread).
Absolutely gutted, a few laps into the day too! Not to mention the recovery didn't arrive until what, 5pm?

In regards to my own experience, the Clio was brilliant all day! I had a few hairy moments in the morning that required correction etc, think I was pushing a bit too much so settled down a bit and by the afternoon session felt like I was flying around and nailing the lines pretty well.

It was very busy and there were a number of red flags throughout but didn't stop it being a good do.

Pics from a mate who came along..

IMG-20230601-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20230601-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230601-WA0011.jpg

Might not have been pushing Kyle on track but was putting the graft in at the pits..

IMG-20230601-WA0024.jpg