ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Help

Clio 1.2
Will a standard mk2 ph1 battery handle 2 thousand watt subs, 2 thousand watt ambs, plus 6"9" and all the other stardard stuff like lights and things

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yes!

Forget the 6x9s though - they won't drain any power - just add chavism to the car :(

Clio 1.2
thanks but just to mae sure i didnt make my question clears i ment two 1000 watts ambs, and two 1000 watt subs

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You need to be careful loading up a battery like that.

The power output from the Amps is "continuous output" and in reality they will never be able to produce 1000watts.

Even at their RMS rating they will put a strain on a standard car battery, certainly in the winter when the demands from heated screen, lights, wipers, heater etc will be at the highest.

The ability of the alternator being able to replenish the battery is the main problem, even if the battery is in tip top condition, you cant take out more than you can put in and the starter motor will draw most of the power from a battery during starting.

You could fit the higher capacity battery from a diesel engined Clio.
Check the CCA rating, it should be 650 or more.

Clio 1.2
well ive only got the one amp at the mo thinking of a second one so got one on each sub but im not getting it until i got the battery and stuff sorted. i dunno what to do really what about a power cap?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The theory behind the need for power caps is flawed, as the battery on a car is basically a big capacitor anyway.

Save the money and spend it on a high capacity battery, an uprated alternator and some decent cables.

Polo + Micra
mate i ran a 1000wRMS amp fine on the little clio batt

the 2 1000w amps your talking about will probably not draw as much current as mine does tbh

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You still need to be careful given the fact you intend to fit 2 big amplifiers, if you don't up-rate the alternator.

Basic rules are:- you cant get more out than you put in and you wont get something for nothing.

Polo + Micra
what is the size of the fuse on the amp?

will give a good indication as to how much current it can draw

Clio 1.4 '95 RT
If you go to halfords they give you at least a 3 year guarantee on any battery, and how are they to know what you've been running? Otherwise just get a trickle charger to keep it topped up overnight, worthy investment IMO
Ali

Clio 1.2
so whats that meen then so if i got a tickle charger would it charge everytime i turn the engine off. so i got enough to start it again?

Polo + Micra
yeah 1000w RMS output from an amp will pull anywhere between 90 and 140A

if there only fused @ 30A mate you'll be fine

upgrade your big three and you'll be fine trust me