ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bad start to the day.

Clio mk1 rally :P
theres me waking up all cheerful. expecting it to be a great day.
i was proven wrong. coming back from southend had to take a different route because of road works.
a laguna pulled up behind me..
in my mind i started thinking about laguna splitters.... (as you do).
turn a corner and carried on straight. the road was narrow and cars were coming up the road so i slowed down and came to a halt letting them through.
thinking to my self.. i wander what that laguna splitter will look like on my car...
looking in the rear view mirror. i saw the laguna coming up fast... he slammed on his brakes.. but that did not work...

so he went straight in the back of me.
got all his details and a witness number..

damage is not severe (not to my car any way lol)
the metal bit that holds the bumper in place bent and the side of the bumper had popped out chunks missing out of bumper.. and exhaust mount broke.. so nothing too bad.
had to pull bumper away from wheel though

how much does to cost to get bumpers sprayed these days?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Was the laguna splitter okay?

Just kidding mate, but if he hit the back of you then you shouldnt have to pay a penny mate, the insurance will go on your favor no doubt. He hit you from behind, theres absolutley no argument for this

You could ask him to pay for your damage and not go through the insurance if he prefers.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
Bad luck mate, its pretty much a cut and dry case as far as liability goes. Just get him to cough up the cash or put it through his insurers.

him just noticed the exhaust has been pushed forwards and is not rubbing against some metal..
there are no creases in boot...

320d
I know what i'd do in your situtation. Get to the hospital with your sore neck. He'd do it to you.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
theres me waking up all cheerful. expecting it to be a great day.
a laguna pulled up behind me..
in my mind i started thinking about laguna splitters.... (as you do).
thinking to my self.. i wander what that laguna splitter will look like on my car...
so he went straight in the back of me.

Telekinesis FTL

well the bumper is just cracked at the bottom and needs a fixing replaced..
and the exhaust only bent slightly and quickfit fixed it for free..
so probably will forget about insurance.. i can do everything my self for free..

E36 328
I know what i'd do in your situtation. Get to the hospital with your sore neck. He'd do it to you.

FANTASTIC IDEA if you want to pay all of us for the increase in the safe drivers' insurance due to people claiming on things they dont need to!

Deja vu 182
Its this kind of attitude that started the claim culture . If you ve got whiplash claim , if you haven t then why should you get money for nothing? Maybe im too honest :S

Partner's Astra SRi
Its this kind of attitude that started the claim culture . If you ve got whiplash claim , if you haven t then why should you get money for nothing? Maybe im too honest :S

Totally agree, it's people like this that really get my goat.

Hope you can get your car fixed soon :)