ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autosport International NEC!!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I usually go as I get a discount with the msa (which seems to get less every year), but couldn't be bothered this year.

Last edited:
My friend is going with Scorpion and is getting in for free. Wish he could take me too :(

From what he's said they're sharing a stand with AMD so they will have the Golf touring car on display!

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone going to this http://www.autosportinternational.com/trade/page.cfm/link=50 apparently you can try your hand at autotest which I believe is a cheap form of motorsport!!!

In all the previous years Ive seen the autotest has just been either a demo you can watch or you can passenger in, at no point have they let you drive the cars as far as I am aware.

Its a good day out although TBH it doesnt vary much year to year, so once you have been once the novelty wears off a bit.

I used to have to go for work (when I was doing a lot of motoring journo work), and then the last few years Ive gone just for something to do, sadly couldnt get today off though.

Its a lot better on the trade days as there is an engineering section which isnt there on the public days.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I was there on Thursday. I get a ticket from BRSCC each year now so all I have to pay for is parking and food etc.
it was good but not as many exhibitors this year. Got round most of it by 5.00 and left before the end.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Me and my bro went yesterday on the trade day. Good show, However bit pissed off that in the registration part of booking it states that dress code is suits or team/brand clothing. I went representing the RAF and RAFMSA so went in uniform and my bro went in his Business Uniform. Going by the dress code of 90% of the other people in there they must have all worked for Nike or Adidas!

i was at trade with a few chaps yesterday. was decent. Alot of chavs though which shocked me. We did some decent deals though and i had a long chat with Nicky Grist which was nice.

Its been pretty crap for years now in all honesty , i usually get given tickets and i havn't bothered , pretty poor after the first few years of the live arena if i am putting a date to it .

Boat show (which i also get tickets for ) i didn't bother with this year either and apparently its alot smaller , no outdoor show etc ..... to be fair the boat show is just catching up with mates in the industry and funding the profits of the Guiness bar

WRX
Might see you there matey, getting there about 11 but it's less than half an hour for me to get there.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Left early as it was an early start. Had a few passenger rides at the MSA stand. I could get into Autosolo very cheap form of motor sport. Anyone tried it?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I've just got back. Was a good day, although glad I wasn't paying for it. £11.20 for a burger, chips and coke meal?!
Did anyone else have a go at the karting? Was extremely fun as the track was so slippery that it was massive amounts of oversteer around every corner.

BG 182 FF
Enjoyed it but same as others, only because i didnt' pay for tickets.

6 quid for tiny burger & chips that tasted crap.
3 quid for a drink.

A tenner to get to the live arena.

Dont think i'll go again... some of the cars were absolutely amazing though.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Few pics..
Waste of tax payers money or what?
20140112_105106_zps5713a727.jpg

20140112_115654_zps416b66e8.jpg

imprezaworks
20140112_104517_zps03cb5316.jpg

Daniel
20140112_100417_zps3e3d1d22.jpg

20140112_114808_zps5025a38e.jpg

20140112_114054_zps91530b40.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Have to say I was disappointed that there was no modern F1 cars in the live action arena. Was hoping there would of been at least one doing a demo run or even just a slow lap round the track with a few blips of the throttle.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
It was ok.. The best bit for me was getting passenger rides with the motoring club for free andi could of done that without paying £30 to get in..

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Was speaking to that PC Angus Nairn about that and commented on how everyone was totally ignoring the BMW i3 and he was singing it's praises.
Apparently they've never had as much attention as they have now they've got the Mclaren.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Enjoyed it but same as others, only because i didnt' pay for tickets.

6 quid for tiny burger & chips that tasted crap.
3 quid for a drink.

A tenner to get to the live arena.

Dont think i'll go again... some of the cars were absolutely amazing though.

The wetherspoons is the best place to eat there IME.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Anyone tried them auto solo? Basically whizzing round cones doing handbrake turns. Might try and get involved.