ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto door locks on 182.... ??

Hi peeps, I was told when I bought the car...that once I get in and start driving off... the doors will auto lock.. but I havent heard the clunk as they lock or the red lock light come on the dash? they only lock if I press the button myself.. so wondering do you have to set them to auto lock or something? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Last edited:
Sounds like they've been turned off its easy to switch back on.

Turn the key so the lights come on and keep your finger on the central locking button for a few seconds until it beeps then the auto locking will come back on.

Do they lock after 1 minute after the ignition is started? and is it only when you engage a gear and drive off?

(my spelling is unreal... thank fook for the edit button!)

Last edited:
Zonda said:
Do they lock after 1 minute after the egnition is started? and is it only when you engage a gear and drive off?
I would hope drive, what if you got out but left the engine running, you'd get locked out. If they lock after a certain time there's no way I'm turning mine on. I'm presuming they have it on a 172 as well?

Think its set up again now.. it beeped a couple of times, will see what happens later when i go out

cheers :cheers:

edde said:
Sounds like they've been turned off its easy to switch back on.

Turn the key so the lights come on and keep your finger on the central locking button for a few seconds until it beeps then the auto locking will come back on.

Its working fine now.. :approve: cheers.

182 - conneries de c
I just tried this as did my mate in his 182 cup and it works!

No idea that the car had this feature! Learn something everyday.

Maybe I should read the manual.........

muz

big fat japanese bus
however I ahve been a victim to a self locking car! Had to smash my side rear window to get in cause the car was running when it locked at crail last year.

maddog said:
I just tried this as did my mate in his 182 cup and it works!

No idea that the car had this feature! Learn something everyday.

Maybe I should read the manual.........
Works in my 172 as well, I didn't know this feature was available.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
MarkCup said:
They re-lock themselves too, but only if having unlocked it remotely, you don't open any doors for 60 seconds.

Ah, I see. I wondered why it auto-locked itself on some occasions and not on others. So after driving, getting out the car and closing the door, the doors will remained unlocked? It will only rearm itself if you've unlocked it remotely?

D.

LY V6 with Recaros
muz said:
however I ahve been a victim to a self locking car! Had to smash my side rear window to get in cause the car was running when it locked at crail last year.

This happened to my ex too, bloody clifford alarms!

106 GTi
Darren S said:
Ah, I see. I wondered why it auto-locked itself on some occasions and not on others. So after driving, getting out the car and closing the door, the doors will remained unlocked? It will only rearm itself if you've unlocked it remotely?

D.

Yes after driving it wont lock itself when you get out. Only auto locks if you unlock it but don't open the door.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Darren S said:

D.

Yup...

If from a locked state, you unlock it using the remote, and then don't open any door/boot, it will re-lock itself after about 60 seconds.

It's a safety/security thing - just in case you press the remote button by mistake (in your pocket?) as you're walking away and unlock it - it'll lock itself up again if no one gains entry.