ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Aug 1, 2015] ClioSport Saturday 2015 (Blyton, Gainsborough)

Had an epic weekend.
Worth the 8 hour round trip.
One of the last few remaining [emoji5]
6fb780c1b8bc9ca5cc805c8961926994.jpg
Was good to hang back in morning to watch some of the impressive cars on track too

Failed to speak to a few people I was hoping to meet though! Which was a shame..... But did have a good chat with fair few members though, great bunch of guys. [emoji41] Pleasure to meet you all

Had an absolute blast on track, still buzzing from it. My 2nd track experience and made a few errors! [emoji5]
Once nerves subsided and confidence grew I was really making progress. Tuition helped a lot too.

Proper loved it. Shame there was just the 2 Welsh members though [emoji17]

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Shaft done the same thing again before I even got out blyton! It looks like the wheel is sitting further out than the other side so I'm concerned something is bent

I'm pretty sure it went pop whilst you were behind me bud!
My friend @KrisRS182 was behind you at the time and has the whole thing on his GoPro he should be uploading it later!

I'm pretty sure it went pop whilst you were behind me bud!
My friend @KrisRS182 was behind you at the time and has the whole thing on his GoPro he should be uploading it later!

I'm blaming you mate! I was going to cool down but I wanted to get past you first [emoji23] you were going well.

Look forward to seeing the video, just went bang and a big puff of smoke appeared, I thought it was the engine creating a new hole in the side!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm blaming you mate! I was going to cool down but I wanted to get past you first [emoji23] you were going well.

Look forward to seeing the video, just went bang and a big puff of smoke appeared, I thought it was the engine creating a new hole in the side!

Mate don't make me feel bad, lol!
Your Ph1 was absolutely flying! I was undecided whether to move over and let you by, but the three of us were having right good blast! passing everything! :laughing:
Apart from when i put the Trophy into first gear instead of third at the track entrance! :wink:
When your shaft goes pop you can hear all the bearings going under Kris's car!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Max attack on the track and on the vodka !!
Fantastic weekend!
Great band last night as well.
Glad I managed to finally meet some of the cliosport.net legends.

Hope those who came out on track with me were not too terrified by my max attack style of driving :).

And as always great organisation by the CS team. @Brian @Nik @Sunglasses_Ron @The Boosh! @Dan and of course the helpers too.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Forgot to mention of course the partners of the admins who were there too. They put a lot of hard work in :).

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Thank you all so much for such an awesome day.

Was not intending to come as all the track time had been booked however @LaurenTayla33 twisted my arm and said she was going and we could convoy down from Middlesbrough.

Everyone was dead canny and Blyton lead up to all expectations, from watching all the other ph1's fly around track on the morning session i had to try my luck and see if i could maybe pick up a cancelation or use someone else's track slot as there car had broken, fortunately after pestering all the Javelin and CS member with my name and number i got a call just before the afternoon sign on saying someone had pulled out. I got everything signed and submitted and even got a helmet for free as i had not brought one or any track tyres, tools or fluids, got my car sticker one and just managed to get onto the second outing for the practice laps.

Thank you all for such a lovely day, me and my friend are planning on booking the full day at Blyton all due to this weekend, was a shame that we could not of camped over but hey hoe there is always next year.

It was the clios longest drive out, first track outing since having my funky itbs fitted and it performed well in my eyes, i did crack my front splitter hitting a cone however i am now going to revise my front splitter to be even bigger and cover the full underside of my engine.

Thanks again

19610366013_b3e9bb8ffc_z.jpg

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Was not intending to come as all the track time had been booked however @LaurenTayla33 twisted my arm and said she was going and we could convoy down from Middlesbrough.

Everyone was dead canny and Blyton lead up to all expectations, from watching all the other ph1's fly around track on the morning session i had to try my luck and see if i could maybe pick up a cancelation or use someone else's track slot as there car had broken, fortunately after pestering all the Javelin and CS member with my name and number i got a call just before the afternoon sign on saying someone had pulled out. I got everything signed and submitted and even got a helmet for free as i had not brought one or any track tyres, tools or fluids, got my car sticker one and just managed to get onto the second outing for the practice laps.

Thank you all for such a lovely day, me and my friend are planning on booking the full day at Blyton all due to this weekend, was a shame that we could not of camped over but hey hoe there is always next year.

It was the clios longest drive out, first track outing since having my funky itbs fitted and it performed well in my eyes, i did crack my front splitter hitting a cone however i am now going to revise my front splitter to be even bigger and cover the full underside of my engine.

Thanks again

View attachment 132738

Glad you were finally able to get on track [emoji106]

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome weekend! Was good to meet everyone and put faces to names. Some effort must've been put in to get all that organised so thanks to all the admin.

Finally got home about an hour ago, and now on the way back down to pick up Fraser's car. Gonna be a long night!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I enjoyed meeting up and chatting with @Knuckles @Daniel @DaveDreads @dann2707 @Diesel Davis Was nice to finally speak in person after speaking to you lot on here for a while. Bunch of cracking blokes :smile:

Also big thanks to @Brian and Joe for bringing me my ph1 bumper from the show to practically to my door in the CS van.

Love CS :smiley:

You too mate :D

I was wondering why there was a random bumper in the field. Is that a spare bumper you've bought?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The Turbo Clio lot spoke very highly of us. Said we were the friendliest bunch of car people they'd met.

You should be proud CS, there really are some proper lovely people on here. Some absolute weirdos too don't get me wrong, but on the whole our members are absolutely brilliant.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Kinda. I've had a front end damage and broke my bumper amongst other parts. I now have a titanium bonnet, semi-fixed headlight and now thanks to Daniel a front bumper. Car went through the insurance on a cash in lieu deal so is getting repainted in a few weeks, hence the black bumper.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You should be proud CS, there really are some proper lovely people on here. Some absolute weirdos too don't get me wrong, but on the whole our members are absolutely brilliant.

Tbh though a lot of the weirdos dont normally come to this kinda thing. They are more of the computer side of things asopposed to the actual social events side of things. IMO.

Hope those who came out on track with me were not too terrified by my max attack style of driving :).

I thoroughly enjoyed your max attack style! [emoji41]
Me and @Filters had a blast in my car chasing you/being chased by you. Good times!

Thanks again

View attachment 132738
Loved your ph1 looked and sounded brilliant on track. The bonkers rear diffuser is great! [emoji41]

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@Pacman. should change his name to pinball with the way he deals with corners and chicanes lol.

Kinda. I've had a front end damage and broke my bumper amongst other parts. I now have a titanium bonnet, semi-fixed headlight and now thanks to Daniel a front bumper. Car went through the insurance on a cash in lieu deal so is getting repainted in a few weeks, hence the black bumper.

Ah cool, good ol' Cs coming through again.

After speaking to a couple of people last night, it really shows how good the community spirit is on here.

And that really says something when a bunch of people who just chat online support each other so much.

It's a cracking club tbh.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
This hangover's going to last well into tomorrow.

Same here mate. I am completely destroyed.

My sides are still aching from laughing so much last night!

I can remember Sam saying something about you being in a bit of bother and also when you thought you'd lost your pint but found it in your trouser pocket 😂😂😂

Reactions: Don

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah said the same thing to Dave this morning. Also helped that the band were actually pretty good!

Good to finally meet ya anyway Dave, even though it was just a brief chat

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Been to a fair few national meets with CS and a few CSS's but this is the first one I've camped over at. My God...such a good laugh, I do think the people there made it what it was from Admin through to members everyone there has a common interest and I think the fact people who'd never met each other before were having a giggle.

@dann2707 Sorry for all the jokes about you being a bit of a sex pest...but the story about the phone had me in stitches. Tent is aired out...so ready to go when next in the old dog house. Here's to this one and the next one.

Well Done Cliosport.net you've done us proud once again

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I wouldn't have made any sense anyway, since Friday night i've either been getting hammered, or trying to recover from being hammered, so I can get hammered again.
You made sense when the lads were taking the spines out of your tent. First time I've ever heard you sound unamused.

LindaA

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 200
Fantastic weekend. My first track session, but won't be my last! It was great to meet some of you and see your cars. Apologies to anyone who I got in the way of on the track. Thanks to all who organised it. Looking forward to next year!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Been to a fair few national meets with CS and a few CSS's but this is the first one I've camped over at. My God...such a good laugh, I do think the people there made it what it was from Admin through to members everyone there has a common interest and I think the fact people who'd never met each other before were having a giggle.

@dann2707 Sorry for all the jokes about you being a bit of a sex pest...but the story about the phone had me in stitches. Tent is aired out...so ready to go when next in the old dog house. Here's to this one and the next one.

Well Done Cliosport.net you've done us proud once again

Haha it's fine mate, always in for a piss taking even if it does revolve around my misfortune and hookers.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Same here mate. I am completely destroyed.

My sides are still aching from laughing so much last night!

I can remember Sam saying something about you being in a bit of bother and also when you thought you'd lost your pint but found it in your trouser pocket 😂😂😂

My throat is still killing from that!

"What would your reaction be if you were in a bit of bother?"

"How much bother?"

"A spot of bother"