ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Clios just expensive to insure

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'm guessing its due to loads being stolen or written off but been playing with quotes today and all sorts I wouldn't of expected is cheaper to insure (just going off the back of what others on this forum own)

quick taster, done a few more but these are two that stuck out!

Clio 182 with mods - £395

Merc E55 AMG - £390
Mark 2 FRS - £340!!!

wtf! lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup. My Trophy was almost double the price of my V6 TT. It was still cheap but not in comparison to other cars.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
stupid cliosports

and Dave, that's proper man maths that is, save 100 on the insurance and loose 4k on the servicing and upkeep (enough to buy and throw away two 182's ;) )

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm 38 with unlimited protected no claims, live in a part of Coventry that's usually on fire,
and I pay £350 on a 172 with all mods declared through Brentacre.

I thinks that's alright tbh, it never goes up it's been £350 for a couple of years now,
it'd probably be a bit less if I lived in a better area.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
TBH I haven't had a quote on anything but a clio sport since 2011 so I don't even know lol.

BG DCI
Expensive yes... Clio's in general. A DCI was only £100 cheaper a year for me then my 172.

Although a Saab estate 2.0t is £200 more a year..

Go figure

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The Megane jumped it up quite a lot when I swapped!

Wish I still had the Willy, that was a bargain to insure!

phase 1 flamer 172
You have to change insurers every renewal time in my experience, my renewal quote £300, my new insurer quote £170, and similar experience last year.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have just turned 30 this year, which I think has helped on the other cars and the 182 has come down by 50 quid this time around

and tbh I haven't really checked other cars either, having mostly insured Clio's over the past 10 years.

its just interesting to look and I was quite surprised!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm guessing its due to loads being stolen or written off but been playing with quotes today and all sorts I wouldn't of expected is cheaper to insure (just going off the back of what others on this forum own)

quick taster, done a few more but these are two that stuck out!

Clio 182 with mods - £395

Merc E55 AMG - £390
Mark 2 FRS - £340!!!

wtf! lol!

Check it without mods as they will always push the price up.

I'm 22 and mines £600 ish

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Its abit of an unfair comparison there's alot more clio's than E55 AMG's on the road, Be interesting to see the comparison with something like a Ford Fiesta ST or a vauxhall.

Insurance the only companies able to avoid equal rights...

S4 Avant
The annual quote I got on the Audi this year was £560 Ben, regardless of power modifications.

that'll be KO4s, exhaust, mapping and 380bhp this year then!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
^ also the EU ruling forcing them to increase womens insurance and lower ours ( mens ) says the opposite though. It's all about risk is all, I bet more people have stacked a Clio 1*2 than an AMG Merc or FRS.

Clio with a body kit
A mate of mine who works in insurance said he could of insured me on a 911 worth 4 times as much for less than he could of on the clio.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
^ also the EU ruling forcing them to increase womens insurance and lower ours ( mens ) says the opposite though. It's all about risk is all, I bet more people have stacked a Clio 1*2 than an AMG Merc or FRS.

True they are being reformed but the there business practices aren't particularly ethical. I wouldn't be able to get away with charging people more where I work because statistics say they are more likely to break the product. I'm not having ago at anyone's job I'm just saying the industry needs reforming as a whole especially personnel injury claims park, Look at Russia where people throw themselves under vehicles to get payouts.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
The Claims side of things does need looking into more, such as actual medical certification for whiplash etc, my ex had an accident around 8-9 years ago when she first started driving, when making the claim they just asked her if she was injured, she said her neck hurts and bang they offered £500 straight away, very odd, But given if they turn serious and go legal it can cost the insurers £k's in legal bills if they challenge it, so it's the law that needs changing in the first place relating to all PI claims, I work in H&S in travel and anyone claiming a gastric illness is nigh impossible to discredit sadly, source is gone within minutes and they have returned home but they have 7 years to make a claim! ridiculous culture.
Pricing is another thing, when I first started driving a Corsa was More expensive to insure than a MK3 astra and a Vectra 1.8 petrol was cheaper than the Astra, really hard to get your head around.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The annual quote I got on the Audi this year was £560 Ben, regardless of power modifications.

that'll be KO4s, exhaust, mapping and 380bhp this year then!

Just tried your motor as well for a giggle, cheapest yet, 280 for the year :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Aston Martin V8 Vantage............... £478

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4...................£9568.........okay so doesn't work for everything!lmao!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
stupid cheap isn't it! surprised how much more an Aventador is, I mean I know that's a proper hypercar but still, big big difference

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
altho perhaps not that suprising when i'm parking it on the road outside my house in a dodgy estate in Derbyshire! lol!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Probably because the Aston they can write off, the Lambo well....... you need to cause a good few hundred K's worth of Damage to write that off, look at the 800K Zonda repair bill they had to foot, couldn't boy that client off with a low trade price.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Really don't get where you get these prices from. Me and my girlfriend insure both cars through Admiral multi car,

Both 26
I have 5 year no claims
She has 8 year no claims
2004 clio 172
2009 120d m sport

Total is £661 for both fully comprehensive.

And was the simular price last year too.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Really don't get where you get these prices from. Me and my girlfriend insure both cars through Admiral multi car,

Both 26
I have 5 year no claims
She has 8 year no claims
2004 clio 172
2009 120d m sport

Total is £661 for both fully comprehensive.

And was the simular price last year too.

If you ever have to claim from Admiral, you'll find out why their so cheap. I'd pay double that not to be insured by them TBH.