ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Clios just expensive to insure

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yes.

I'm 33, 11 years NCD, nice post code and pay £400 fully comp with a 200bhp limit with everything declared on a like for like basis.

It's cheaper for me to insure a F455 than the clio.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im 38, live in Essex.

My PH1 was £500 last year but today ive got it insured with Greenlight, all mods declared and an agreed value.

£297

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was getting quotes before haggling for a lower price on renewal

22, class c area, 1 counted bump

197 - £700ish
megane 250 - £700ish... Just over a year ago, an r26 was £4000ish!
mk2 frs - £750ish

impreza - £1000ish
evo - £1500ish

clio v6 - £1800ish
e46 ///M3 - £2000ish

i took away from that, I can drive any aspiration fwd/awd car, just not anything rwd lol

172, BMW 120 Msport.
If you ever have to claim from Admiral, you'll find out why their so cheap. I'd pay double that not to be insured by them TBH.

Both my dad and brother have claimed, 1 for engine fire, one for write off. And didn't have any problems

A huge firm like Admiral wouldn't be in business if they were that bad. Adrian flux on the other hand. . .

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Both my dad and brother have claimed, 1 for engine fire, one for write off. And didn't have any problems

A huge firm like Admiral wouldn't be in business if they were that bad. Adrian flux on the other hand. . .

Sorry, i should have put the court avoiding "IMO" at the end of my comment. Joke of a company IMO.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Sorry, i should have put the court avoiding "IMO" at the end of my comment. Joke of a company IMO.

I guess everyone here will have something bad to say about every insurance company to be honest! Lol. I guess it's just what you have seen your self. I had a bad experience with flux, but so many think there gods gift. Strange really.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I don't actually trust any insurance company in the event they actually have to pay out, I reckon they will do literally anything to not

as such I will always go with the cheapest on the basis that they will try to f**k me so why pay more

It's always been £700+ for me as a <25 year old

Even this year now I have reached 25 it's still £500ish for my 182 - but with negligible increases for 300bhp.

Its cheaper (insurance wise) to drive my dads twin turbo jaguar xf sport brake.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
It's always been £700+ for me as a <25 year old

Even this year now I have reached 25 it's still £500ish for my 182 - but with negligible increases for 300bhp.

Its cheaper (insurance wise) to drive my dads twin turbo jaguar xf sport brake.

once the mods are added, the increase in bhp doesn't do sod all, the mk1 is the same for me be it 300 or 500bhp (if I ever decide to take it that far)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
logical, add another 200 to mine, it'll just spin up and go no quicker... loooool!!!

Range Rover Sport
The M3 is only £100 more to insure a year than the 172.

I'm not sure how they can warrant it in all honest but I'm not complaining.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
just tried that as well, guessed at an E46 M3 and came out 20 quid cheaper than the 182 as well, lol!