ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Blue Clio 182 FF

Mk1 Focus RS
Looking good pal :) cracking on with some modifications aren't you :)

whats the future plans?

also what gear knob is that would quite like to change mine cos the standard one is quite worn?

Liquid Yellow R27
Looking good pal :) cracking on with some modifications aren't you :)

whats the future plans?

also what gear knob is that would quite like to change mine cos the standard one is quite worn?

Thanks mate. Yeah I am dude. I'm really impatient and luckily I have some Christmas money begging to be spent on the car lol. I think next I'm going to get the alloys refurbished and resprayed followed by some 40mm apex springs to get it sitting nice.

I can't help you with the gear knob though mate as it was out on before I brought it. I've messaged the owner before last on here about the car in general but haven't had a response from them yet. I have a feeling they don't use the forum any more since selling the car. :( If I find out, I will let you know mate.

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks guys. I got my cat back and they have fitted the new pipe so that it's just a case of unscrewing a few bolts to get the cat back in. It cost me £70 to get done as my mates regularly use the same place, but otherwise would have cost £90. Luckily my generous friend paid half towards it to encourage me to get it done on impulse yesterday lol. :)

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Your whole system looks brand new compared to what mine looked like. You plan on getting a different exhaust at all or are you keeping the standard exhaust?

Liquid Yellow R27
Your whole system looks brand new compared to what mine looked like. You plan on getting a different exhaust at all or are you keeping the standard exhaust?

I'm not to sure at the minute. I might end up taking out the two back boxes and getting it converted into one with some new tips. That will be later in the year though as the alloys and lowering it are the next steps I think :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looking forward to that!! You'll have to come along to the next meeting we have over here!

Liquid Yellow R27
Decided to carbon wrap the exhaust surrounds last night. I want to be careful not to go over the top with the carbon wrap, as I want it to look smart and not tacky. I have also been considering wrapping the fog surrounds, but I think that might sent it over the top.

Let me know what you guys think anyway :)

dsc02025e.jpg

dsc02015us.jpg

dsc02023y.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Liking the wrap!! Done a really good job there! Took my fog surrounds out the other day only to find I'd not got enough left to do them! Lol

Liquid Yellow R27
Wrapping looks really good.

We're they easy to take off and put back on? The inserts I mean :)

Thanks mate. I did it in the dark so it's pretty easy. Behind them are 4 or 5 clips that you just need to pull back. After pulling each clip back, just pull the trim down and after doing all of them it will just pull down. If you just have a look under there and have a feel it will make sense. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Video of the slight change in noise from my car after a de-cat. It's not the best video or sound as it was filmed on my iPhone 4S. I will be filming a better video with my proper camera at some point over the weekend. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Liquid Yellow R27
I re-wrapped a few of the dashboard strips and the steering wheel insert as I've got some slightly darker black carbon wrap. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I wanted them all to match. I've also added the air bag decal on to the left strip and the renault sport decal onto the steering wheel insert. I brought the decals from N2Grafix on here. I've uploaded a few pictures below.

dsc02204nm.jpg

dsc02205rq.jpg

dsc02217rg.jpg

dsc02215rg.jpg

Liquid Yellow R27
The other night myself and rob_sri got together and sprayed our engines to get them looking decent. We worked during the early hours at a unit near us that a member of my family rents. Here are the pictures of mine. Rob decided to go for matt black and has updated his own progress thread with pictures of his, so feel free to check that out here.

Here are the pictures of mine:

The beasts together in the unit ready for spraying...
dsc02229f.jpg

We found it would be easier to take this out so we could give underneath a good spray...
dsc02225jv.jpg

This is what it looked like before giving it a spray...
dsc02238jt.jpg

I went for a metallic silver and used heat resistant radiator enamel...
dsc02243uq.jpg

It turned out like this...
dsc02248kl.jpg

Sanded down the Renault Sport logo to make it shiny...
dsc02268hs.jpg

Prepared the engine for a spray by covering any holes...
dsc02261v.jpg

You can see how dirty is was before spraying...
dsc02266b.jpg

A few coats of spray paint later...
dsc02280c.jpg

dsc02283gd.jpg

dsc02284hg.jpg

Started to put it back together...
dsc02302m.jpg

dsc02303l.jpg

Managed to find the engine cover amongst the mess...
dsc02291tn.jpg

On it went...
dsc02315jb.jpg

And here it is finished for now...
dsc02322bs.jpg

dsc02320f.jpg

dsc02325l.jpg

Planning on getting the engine cover sprayed body colour at some point. Most likely when I get the key mark out of the rear passenger panel along with the minor dent. That way, the paint will be mixed up ready, so shouldn't pay much extra for the engine cover. Looking at getting an air filter at some point, but going to get the key mark, dent, engine cover and alloys done first. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Ordered a Type R Aerial a few weeks back and it finally came through the post today. I have no idea why it looks like someone has thrown acid over my car roof, but here's a picture of it fitted...

aeiral.jpg

Skoda fabia Vrs
Mmm no bad. Thought the rack was gubbed but Jacked the car up the day and the spring is hinging out it!! Snapped. So getting a new spring fitted and track rods end done on Tuesday

That will be

Aultinator
Front discs n pads
Rear pads
4 new Yokohama's
Exhaust sorted
Tracking done
Spring
Track rod ends.

Since november 22nd!! Lol

Liquid Yellow R27
Mmm no bad. Thought the rack was gubbed but Jacked the car up the day and the spring is hinging out it!! Snapped. So getting a new spring fitted and track rods end done on Tuesday

That will be

Aultinator
Front discs n pads
Rear pads
4 new Yokohama's
Exhaust sorted
Tracking done
Spring
Track rod ends.

Since november 22nd!! Lol

That's some serious progress! Good call dude. I think next for me is to get the key mark / dent out of the rear passenger panel. That's going to cost £180. Then either get the alloys refurbished and resprayed or buy some anthracite turinis.

RS172 Flamer
Looks very tidy! Amazing how much better a car looks with abit of carbon wrap, some spray paint and LEDs.

Liquid Yellow R27
I have brought a few small things to tidy the car up a bit more, so here are some pictures.

I brought a number plate light unit and cover with the bulb included from eBay as the old one wasn't looking great...
dsc02522v.jpg

Here's the old one...
dsc02523z.jpg

And the new one... much smarter!
dsc02526l.jpg

I put the LED bulb from the previous one into the new one as they look much better then the standard bulbs...
dsc02527zd.jpg

I also brought some plated screws and washers for the engine cover from davo172 on here...
dsc02521fq.jpg

The engine cover with the original screws in...
dsc02528q.jpg

And with the new screws in...
dsc02530b.jpg

Another picture from a better angle...
dsc02531sw.jpg

That's it for now, but looking to get a few more bits and pieces soon. :)