ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic Blue Clio 182 FF

Liquid Yellow R27
I've just brought my third Clio and it's finally a Clio 182 now that I can afford the rip off insurance. My first car was a 1.2 Clio S Reg and my second Clio that I've just sold was a 1.4 Clio 04 plate. So I'm really pleased to finally have a sport, especially as the 182 has both cup packs. I brought the car off MattRS182 on here and it has just under 75,000 miles on the clock. It's in pretty mint condition and it's a really nice upgrade from my previous clios. :D

So my plans so far are to put in LED side lights, fog lights and interior lights. I will also be putting some silvatec indicator bulbs into the front and rear lights. I will be putting in my Pioneer head unit and possibly a sub. Any other suggestions? Just little things to start off with though due to my bank balance looking sad. :(

Pictures below:

dsc01451hn.jpg

dsc01453k.jpg

dsc01450iw.jpg

dsc01455z.jpg

dsc01459bs.jpg

dsc01462s.jpg

dsc01460a.jpg

If you could let me know your thoughts and suggestions, would be appreciated. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
looks nice, as you have put this in the 'project' section what are your plans for it?

Thanks dude. Perhaps this belongs in the 'media' section then. I was just going to update with pictures and information as any progress is made on it.

Stealth 438'd 182
Love the new car mate we'll do a detail and photoshoot this week with the beasts

This is a stunning example.. Even better in the flesh!

Liquid Yellow R27
Looks mint mate best 182 colour imo

Civic type r Ariel
Alloy FOOTREST ;)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?429513-172-182-ALLOY-FOOTRESTS-*NEW-BATCH*/page49&

Real tidy thou mate . :)

Thanks mate, might invest in one of those foot rests at some point. Doing the small bits like putting LED lights everywhere haha. I've put in some LED side lights and the numberplate light. I just need to buy some for the glove box, boot and the main interior lights. Going to get some LED fog lights to. So yeah... LED everything to start off with. Then hopefully in the new year once I have a bit more money I can start doing some more expensive mods to it. Might get the Civic Type R Ariel before Christmas mind. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
So, I've done a few small bits to it so far, here's a bit of an update with some pictures.

LED Side Lights fitted, just waiting to receive the LED Fog Lights I've ordered now.
dsc01505b.jpg

Added the Clio Sport sticker to the back window.
dsc01479xv.jpg

Put a pair of wind deflectors on.
dsc01475it.jpg

Fitted the new Pioneer head unit from out my previous car.
dsc01502zr.jpg

Fitted Silvertec indicator bulbs in the rear lights. I have just fitted some in the front today to, but no picture of that yet.
dsc01509rb.jpg

A photo from the mini meet I had the other night with Rob_SRI and another mate. I will be adding the rest of my photos from the mini meet to the thread created by Rob.
dsc01492z.jpg

In the new year I'm hoping to get the one dink and scratch taken out of the rear passenger panel. I'm also hoping to get the alloys refurbished and resprayed. Might look at getting the rear windows lightly tinted as well, but undecided on that yet. We shall see.. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Which head unit is that matey?

It's the Pioneer DEH-7300BT. It's a really good head unit to be fair. It has iPhone / iPod support via USB and also has built in bluetooth for hands free calls (get a wired microphone included that you can wire around the dash as well). It cost me £150 earlier this year but you might be able to pick it up cheaper.

Link: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/121/61/DEH-7300BT/index.html

Looks great!

Liquid Yellow R27
I decided to carbon wrap the interior dashboard strips a few days ago. It all went well apart from scratching the outside of the hazards button when cutting the carbon fibre wrap around it.

dsc01868qd.jpg

dsc01869sn.jpg

dsc01870e.jpg

This is where I scratched the hazard button around the edges. Might buy a new one at some point.

dsc01873a.jpg

I quite like the carbon fibre wrap but tempted to get a set in the body colour to see what they look like, as I've seen a few floating around that are standard on the 172 cups I believe?

Plans:
- HID full beams.
- LED fog lights.
- Alloys refurbished and resprayed in anthracite (near to what the colour they are now, just a bit darker).
- New speakers and subwoofer fitted.
- Get the key mark and slight dent removed from the rear passenger side panel.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate.

Although I really wouldn't bother with the HID full beams. Is there any point?

Liquid Yellow R27
Looking good mate.

Although I really wouldn't bother with the HID full beams. Is there any point?

Thanks mate. Yeah I guess so.. it's just knowing in my head they don't match. Bit of an OCD thing haha. I may not bother and spend the money on other things.

Liquid Yellow R27
LED fog lights and 8000k HID bulbs are in. Also fitted some under door LED light strips that are connected up to the interior light. Will get some pictures uploaded this week. :)

The girlfriend brought me a set of In Phase 200w component speakers for Christmas to, which will hopefully get fitted soon along with a sub.

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Liquid Yellow R27
Looks great so far!! Get the steering wheel insert wrapped too!!

Thanks mate, I have just received some more carbon wrap through the post. I will be wrapping the steering wheel insert and the black plastic strip on the rear bumper.

Liquid Yellow R27
I'm yet to get some pictures of the latest mods to the car, but will get some up soon. I have some pictures that I took whilst up in York a week or two ago for now though. It wasn't very clean after a 3 hour drive, but oh well.

dsc01902rh.jpg

dsc01903o.jpg

dsc01908e.jpg

dsc01905di.jpg

dsc01910dy.jpg

dsc01911m.jpg

dsc01915t.jpg

dsc01917by.jpg

I will get some pictures up of the latest mods to the car this week. Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Liquid Yellow R27
I've got a few pictures of the under door LED lights that come on when the door is opened with the interior light and the carbon fibre wrapped steering wheel insert. I'm going to get some decals for the left interior strip that says 'Air Bag' and one for the steering wheel insert that says 'Renault Sport'. If anyone knows where to get these from and if they will be okay at sticking to the carbon fibre wrap, please let me know. When we get a dry day I will be wrapping the black rear bumper strip in carbon fibre as well. I want to get the front grills and fog surrounds sprayed black as well at some point.

Pictures of the carbon wrap interior:

dsc01979h.jpg

dsc01980by.jpg

dsc01978a.jpg

Pictures of the LED under door light strips:

dsc01987d.jpg

dsc01986au.jpg

dsc01995c.jpg

dsc01992c.jpg

As you can probably see from a few of the pictures, the back wheels aren't the same colour as the centre cap and the front wheels. So in the new year I'm going to get the alloys refurbished and resprayed in a gun metal grey / anthracite as mentioned before. I'm not sure whether or not to do that or whether to just buy a nice set of turinis and get them sprayed the same colour though. I'm crap at decisions.. and with cars you're constantly given them lol. :banghead:

Liquid Yellow R27
^^^^ car looks amazing mate. how do you upload your pics like that?^^^

Thanks dude! I upload them to ImageShack and then right click each image and click 'Copy Image URL'. I then click the picture button above on here when posting and click 'From URL' and paste the URL, uncheck the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' and it appears. It sounds long winded, but it's really simple :) Any problems, then just drop me a PM.

Liquid Yellow R27
Haha! Thanks guys. Just ordered a set of interior decals for the dashboard strip and steering wheel insert in white from N2 Grafix on here. Going to go buy an amp for my component speakers in the front today and wire them up with my sub and two rear speakers. Will snap some pictures and update once progress has been made. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
I have carbon fibre wrapped the rear black bumper strip and I'm on my way to fitting the subwoofer. Will update with pictures once the sub is fitted. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Pictures of the rear black bumper strip carbon fibre wrapped. A bit of dirt got underneath the carbon wrap on the right hand side as you can see from the pictures. I think a bit of dirt got under it so it didn't stick as well either. I might redo this at some point if it doesn't stay on after a wash or two, but for now it will do. :)

dsc02000w.jpg

dsc02005e.jpg

dsc02002kf.jpg

dsc02007cv.jpg

Liquid Yellow R27
Yesterday I brought and fitted a Sony 1200w 2 Channel Amp that looks smart and powers my component speakers really well. I have also carbon wrapped the front speaker covers. Will get pictures up in the next few days. :)

PH1 172, E39
hey man, where did you sourced the led lights for under the door. What else is required?
Looking great.

Liquid Yellow R27
hey man, where did you sourced the led lights for under the door. What else is required?
Looking great.

Thanks dude! I brought them on eBay, but picked them up as they were based local. They're a place that sell ex-stock from places like Argos. Just had to buy a bit of extra cable and wire them up to the interior light.

Just had a quick look for you and they have 2 sets left for £5.99 delivered from the same place here.

Liquid Yellow R27
Stunning car mate, love the Arctics! Nice mods too :)

Thanks mate, I do love the colour as well especially when it's clean. The paint is in really good condition to. I like making the car my own as do most people. Might look at a few basic performance mods soon, but nothing major. Just a de-cat, air flow and that really. :)

Liquid Yellow R27
Is carbon wrapping easy? And how much do you pay for the carbon?*

Yeah it's fairly easy. It can be a bit fiddly at times, but just use a hair dryer to soften the wrap and it makes it easy to pull over whatever you're wrapping. You can buy it from eBay fairly cheap, just search for 'carbon vinyl'. I recently paid £5 for 1520mm x600mm of the stuff, but it doesn't stick as well as the previous stuff I had, so it might be worth paying a bit more for the good stuff.

Liquid Yellow R27
Today I was driving around with my mate and I mentioned to him about getting a de-cat for my car. His reply was "Lets go. Get it done today and I will pay half towards it." Not a bad deal, so.. on impusle.. we went to an exhaust place not far from where I live and I got my car de-catted. Some iPhone pictures below, so excuse the quality.

img1302yp.jpg

img1301p.jpg

img1305oo.jpg

img1306x.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the finished job, but I will do at some point. I mainly only got it done for a better sound, but it seems to have improved throttle response slightly and I was told it will improve fuel economy. I'm yet to test that one out on a long motorway drive at the weekend, but hopefully I notice a slight difference. I'm happy with it though and like the sound it now makes. I will try get a video up at some point of how it sounds. :)