ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone recomend a good head unit ?

iv tried various ones over the past couple of years, but i always come bk to kenwood. the sound quality is much better the anything else iv tried! (sony,jvc,pioneer)

1.4 16v Clio sport
Thanks for the input , I am looking for a middle range type cause I don't want a buget peace of crap but don't have the cash to buy a 800 pound one

Vauxhall Frontera
Hello iBocanegra X.

Not being too nosey but what is your budget? I have always had Alpine HU's and as a tradition buy a new one for each car I get. The one i have just got for my Clio is the CDA-117Ri. As far as a CD HU from Alpine goes it is almost top of the range and I managed to get mine for £250 + p+p online.

The features which appealed to me was its expandibility with 3 pre outs, ability to connect a Bluetooth module, full iPod control, 2 lines of display apposed to the usual single line and the integration ability via an adaptor cable which allows use of the steering wheel controller if you have one and it also feeds information to the standalone display which also has the clock and OAT display. In addition it has a button colour change function - Amber is selectable for the 6 main buttons on the left and Red for the remaining buttons which I think looks alright and is tied in with the red in the button of the Hazzards.

I hope that helps

Si

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
I would say go alpine! i have an old 9825RB and its been in every car i have owned for the past 6 years and its still going strong!

Im not too sure how the newer ones fair up but they are good units.

If that dont work for you go for pioneer or kenwood

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Had two Alpines... Don't need to sell your mother to buy one either. Lower range are good units ! Expensive range (£250+) are damn decent units !!

Mini Cooper S
Pioneer or Alpine should be your only purchase. When I last looked no more than £200 was needed to buy one with all the features.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Hello iBocanegra X.

Not being too nosey but what is your budget? I have always had Alpine HU's and as a tradition buy a new one for each car I get. The one i have just got for my Clio is the CDA-117Ri. As far as a CD HU from Alpine goes it is almost top of the range and I managed to get mine for £250 + p+p online.

The features which appealed to me was its expandibility with 3 pre outs, ability to connect a Bluetooth module, full iPod control, 2 lines of display apposed to the usual single line and the integration ability via an adaptor cable which allows use of the steering wheel controller if you have one and it also feeds information to the standalone display which also has the clock and OAT display. In addition it has a button colour change function - Amber is selectable for the 6 main buttons on the left and Red for the remaining buttons which I think looks alright and is tied in with the red in the button of the Hazzards.

I hope that helps

Si

Does this head unit allow you to work the steering wheel controls and the dash display without having to buy any additional interfaces? I have been looking at this head unit

Giulietta 940
Any recommendations for under £150? Needs a front aux port though. Also the ability to read MP3/WMAs from CD too, obviously.

Vauxhall Frontera
Craigp172cup

You do need an interface cable. the best price i found it for was £86 pounds plus p+p. I have the code written down somewhere so if you ever need it let me know.

Si

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Craigp172cup

You do need an interface cable. the best price i found it for was £86 pounds plus p+p. I have the code written down somewhere so if you ever need it let me know.

Si

If it wasnt so expensive i probably would have considered this.

williams 2,seat leon
i have an alpine, only 150 quids worth, and its blinding. i used to fit this stuff for a living, and having had fortunes worth pioneers and everthing else going, and wouldnt change make again.

Vauxhall Frontera
Craigp172cup,

Yer, its an expensive accessory to buy but i thought it was worth it. the stereo link for just the steering wheel control isnt as expensive, around £40

Malachi4,

For under £150 the Alpine CDE-111RM - Front USB, reads cd-r/-rw/mp3 and has amber illumination so it will match the exising dashboard illumination! Its on car audio direct for £101.99 which means you could probably pick up the steering wheel controller adaptor cable as well for under your budget!

Si

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I'd definitely recommend Alpine.

I've had my Alpine 9855R with the iPod interface for best of 6 Years & 2 cars. Reliable! I've just added the Steering control jobby which required the top half of the dash off!