ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone insured with LV? Help needed!

Titanium 182
My girlfriend just messaged me to inform me she's forgot to cancel her renewal on her car insurance, she's with LV and it's due tomorrow. I asked her to check her documents to see if they offer a 14day cooling period (I'm not sure if this is only for new customers, and not renewals?), but she's at the office and doesn't have anything to hand.

Is anyone on here with LV that can give me the information? I told her to call them up as soon as she can to discuss her renewal and perhaps negotiate a better price, but she totally forgot to - I'm thinking it's too late now! :dapprove:

Cheers for any help in advance!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
you dont need the documents, ring them, tell them name, post code, reg and cancel.

ive done this so much over the past few days ive lost count (ringing insurers, not cancelling policies)

Titanium 182
She's in the office and can't call them, I'm in India so have the same problem.

Just realised there's an online chat option which I'm using - I've been told they can cancel within the 14day cooling period with a charge of £40. Seems reasonable.

Thanks for your quick replies guys!

Titanium 182
oh. no good :( theyll be open latish though right?

Yes! Lol seriously she does this all the time, gets in a blind panic when there's a simple solution. I told her to call them when she gets home this evening, but she's convinced that will be too late.

Of course we all know otherwise, and if she cancels before tonight at 23:59 then they won't charge for cancelling, either.

Now I'm going to have to spend my evening on price comparison websites finding her a better deal... seriously, I'd better get something good for this! lol

Once again chaps, thanks for your help!