ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An idiots guide... iPhone 4

Clio
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are f**king impossible. By the way got my first smart phone on Friday. Figured out how to put the SIM CARd in by Saturday lunch time.

Next is signing up for one of these apple ID things so I can download those App things.
I've never used the internet on a phone before so going to try that as well.

Can't believe it doesn't come with an instruction book.

Clio
I think I've made a f**k up. I was having a poo in work today and thought I'll have a browse of CS whilst I was doing it. Went to log in and can I f**k find a ¬ anywhere on it! Do apple not recognise the droopy willy?

SQ5
Now come onto here on your phone copy that, enter mace and paste the ¬ then click remember me!

Clio
Ok one more question.

How do I stop Lets Play Golf 3 sending me messages at 2am in the morning saying it misses me and wants to know if I want to play a round of golf? Its not a message or anything just beeps puts a thing on the screen and wakes me up and then f***s off when I unlock my phone?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Settings > Notifications > Lets Play golf 3 and configure from there...

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Ok one more question.

How do I stop Lets Play Golf 3 sending me messages at 2am in the morning saying it misses me and wants to know if I want to play a round of golf? Its not a message or anything just beeps puts a thing on the screen and wakes me up and then f**ks off when I unlock my phone?

Settings > Notifications > Lets Play golf 3 > Off

Last edited:
  Clio
Thanks you. So turning everything off will stop it happening.

Last one. Can I do this as a default setting or do I have to do it for each game?

Edition 30
Ok one more question.

How do I stop Lets Play Golf 3 sending me messages at 2am in the morning saying it misses me and wants to know if I want to play a round of golf? Its not a message or anything just beeps puts a thing on the screen and wakes me up and then f**ks off when I unlock my phone?

I've missed you!

I reiterate my point.

Edition 30
I finally get my 4S tomorrow. Can I contact you if I have any problems setting it up? x

Clio
The S stands for "for stupid people"? I almost punched him when he recommend I try the 4S. I told him I think I could manage fine with the 4.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
pmsl @ dont know what his name was ffs lol.
the wonders of technology.
you could make a comedy show out of this:clap:

Clio
One more question.

I've deleted some games (apps?) but when I goiP back into the appstore it just says install not download does that mean they are still teking up space on poverty spec iPhone?

Also, i have unlimited downloads for 3 months. It siad I've used 11mb after 2 months but I get 250mb a month so what am I doing wrong? not enough p**n?

Edition 30
Hello again :)

The apps are off there once you deleted them. The reason is says install is because you've already downloaded them before.

Unlimited usage/data you mean? You just aren't using the Internet enough...

One more question.

I've deleted some games (apps?) but when I goiP back into the appstore it just says install not download does that mean they are still teking up space on poverty spec iPhone?

Also, i have unlimited downloads for 3 months. It siad I've used 11mb after 2 months but I get 250mb a month so what am I doing wrong? not enough p**n?

1) It used to say "Buy" but people got confused about re-downloading apps they have paid for. It just means that you've already installed it once so if you want it again, you don't have to pay. Not taking up any space

2) It means you're probably not using it on a data connection. Just on the wifi which won't count from your contract.

Clio
Thank you. Makes sense. Ah its because I'm using it on my Wi-fi at home then and at work. So it is telling me right but I'm never using it.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Hold the lock button on top then press the home button. Picture will then be in your camera roll.

Youl know if youve done it right as the phone will make a camera shutter noise

Clio
Right, now I mean WTF! I got one of those 8gb iPhone 4 things and thats a pretty handy amount of space. Got no music on it, and downloaded about 20 games with a few torch things and s**t. That is it. Now telling me the following message. There is not enough available storage to download these items. You can manage your storage in settings.

Can I f**k figure that out.

Seriously i got f**k all on there.

AK

M240i
Right, now I mean WTF! I got one of those 8gb iPhone 4 things and thats a pretty handy amount of space. Got no music on it, and downloaded about 20 games with a few torch things and s**t. That is it. Now telling me the following message. There is not enough available storage to download these items. You can manage your storage in settings.

Can I f**k figure that out.

Seriously i got f**k all on there.

Settings > General > Usage.

That'll tell you what's taking up the space.

02602303-a127-5841.jpg

Clio
I'm baaaaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkk.... (Independence Day style)

I've got this Cartoon HD App thing now.

Is there any way of playing an app from the 4 to a TV? I didn't understand the stuff on the interweb. It said something about slideshows/pictures and then went into some technical stuff about apps.