ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An idiots guide... iPhone 4

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So i'm weak and have bowed down to an iphone.

Can someone help me??!

I currently have a blackberry. How do I go about saving my contacts and swapping the sim cards and then set up the phone?

Type clearly and slowly....

x

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have done what kidger told me to do but my bb is telling me it can't connect.

I'm pissed off with it already. Why can't it be like the old days? Menu, save contacts to sim, sim in new phone, off we go.

Anyone want to buy it??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I did the thing Revels posted iirc. Was a while ago right enough. I did it so i'm sure you can.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't do it. It nearly ended up in the front garden.

I've given up it can go in the cupboard.

There must be someone in Brizzle with a double figure IQ? Give it to them. Let them fix it for you.

Take it into whatever networks shop you bought it from tomorrow and ask them to transfer the numbers for you.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There must be someone in Brizzle with a double figure IQ? Give it to them. Let them fix it for you.

Take it into whatever networks shop you bought it from tomorrow and ask them to transfer the numbers for you.

Oooh, not a bad idea.

I will probably go with that.

SQ5
Depends which BB he has.

iPhone 4 is micro-sim.

I'm far too scared to tell him about cutting it down..

All micro sim should come with the little holder which could be put into the BB.

Even having to do it one by one shouldn't take too long

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's no pin!

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cnuty fcuking stupid technology shite fcuk my face you cnut fcuk.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Right, my wifes sewing kit has come in handy. Sim card in.

Plug it into computer and turn on itunes?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
God dammit!

Just got going and realised that my wifes phone is connected to my itunes account so I now have deal cloud, groupon and all of her contacts...

How do I sort this now?!

Lol. Just plug it in.

When it asks you if you want to back it up from an old iPhone just say it's a new phone and start fresh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh this is Gold!

I almost feel sorry for you. I've been there.

Dan, why don't you leave it with someone more capable and let them deal with it. Hand it to the boy, I'm sure he'll have it sussed before you've finished watching my fat brookside gypsy eastenders or whatever other tragic s**t you've no doubt got on TV tonight.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dan, why don't you leave it with someone more capable and let them deal with it. Hand it to the boy, I'm sure he'll have it sussed before you've finished watching my fat brookside gypsy eastenders or whatever other tragic s**t you've no doubt got on TV tonight.

I will not (maybe) be defeated. I just watched proud and prejudiced (sp) and i'm now watching nothing so kiss my ginger nuts.

I'm I'm Bristol this weekend if you can wait lol!

I may take you up on that. I can't put up with the abuse from my mates! lol.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
tCp90.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lol. Just plug it in.

When it asks you if you want to back it up from an old iPhone just say it's a new phone and start fresh.

I've just done that, but its still copying my wifes apps. Is that normal?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ok cool. Now my itunes is doing nothing so i'm asuming thats finished.

The phone is asking me to choose a network??

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Your itunes is probably set up to update the phone so when ever you plug it in all the contacts etc just gets put back on the phone.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Dan, if the pc your using is a laptop, and your able to get it all to your mates lock up ill have a do at sorting it out for you when i pick the interior up on saturday. I managed to sort the girlfriends out. Eventually.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks Matt, people must know i'm thick, i've had offers come flooding in! lol.

Whoever said these phones were simple is/was a fcuking moron.

I have never ever had a phone that is so difficult to set up.

Not impressed so far. Piece of crap.

AK

M240i
I thought the new iPhones running iOS 5 you didn't even have to plug them into iTunes.

If you're still having issues wipe it all and start again.