ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An idiots guide... iPhone 4

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the new iPhones running iOS 5 you didn't even have to plug them into iTunes.

If you're still having issues wipe it all and start again.

You dont have too. Can be done through wifi although i prefer to just plug it in.

Agree if your stuck wipe it and start again it really isnt hard I came from an old sony ericson and managed fine. Cant even remember setting it up tbh it all sort of does it itself lol.

Megane 225 F1
Lol at this. Bless ya. If I lived in Bristol I would help you out. In fact I'm half tempted to drive just to see you getting wound up by this thing.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You might have to come over willdot, my bro-in-law isn't answering his phone now! lol. (apple fanboy)

Why can't I find my password/key for my home wifi??

I've tried every bloody number on the router. Nothing works!

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Dont know if it has been answered but to get all contacts onto sim go on the bb button (menu), Set-up, Personalisation - Sim contacts then a text screen will come up 'there are contacts saved on your sim card............ Do you wan to copy contacts now?' click yes and they are on the sim.

Bus w**ker
Just so it's public knowledge, if I am brutally murdered soon please send the police to Daniel's. Thanks.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Is this for real?

How can someone who uses a BB not work an iPhone?

I struggle with BB's its like a ZX spectrum.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Jesus.

I really do feel for you... you silly fucker.

iPhone are actually the easiest thing to set up in the world, my mates nan managed it ffs and she's 71!!!!!!

P.s you never got back to me regarding your website

P.p.s if you'd phone me this would have been easy enough.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just so it's public knowledge, if I am brutally murdered soon please send the police to Daniel's. Thanks.

Massive massive thanks for your help mate, really appreciate it. x

Jesus.

I really do feel for you... you silly f**ker.

iPhone are actually the easiest thing to set up in the world, my mates nan managed it ffs and she's 71!!!!!!

P.s you never got back to me regarding your website

P.p.s if you'd phone me this would have been easy enough.

And yes, I need to contact you about the website. I will do that when i've got a spare 5.

Just an update... My brother-in-law has been here since 7pm and has only just this minute left. Took all of that time sorting it out. Apparently some ham fisted bufoon set up the wifi in my house and it took him ages to sort but its all hunky dori now.

My name's Dan and I've got an iphone....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No idea. I'm hopefully taking the afternoon off work on sunday so that will be my first opurtunity to have a play with it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
al my music is on my phone. How do i assign one of the songs as a ringtone?

Edition 30
Ringtone app.

Or you have to pay for them as a ringtone.

Download ringtone designer.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No but I'm willing to try and help!

Fcuk will, he's a bellend.

I've downloaded this app, all fine. I've tried to follow a youtube video on how to get the ringtone onto my phone (its in my itunes account as a ringtone so thats all ok) but the tutorial video is from 2010 so my itunes screen looks different.

I've pressed 'SYNC' but the ringtone still isn't showing on my phone??

Edition 30
So difficult to explain without being there!

Make a desktop shortcut, play it and it should appear in the apps section on iTunes.

From there click Sync and it should come on your phone. Trial and error may be your friend here!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry i'm not making myself clear.

I have the song in my ringtone folder on itunes, but when i sync it, it still won't show on the phone itself?

I'm having trouble following the YT vid because my itunes screen looks totally different.

Its telling me to tick boxes when i don't even have any boxes to tick??

Edition 30
You want the video by blackout labs on YT.

Type ringtone designer in and it's 1:52 long.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On the left hand side of my itunes account, it says DANS IPHONE with the list underneath... purchased/music/films etc etc.

There is no ''Ringtones'' icon.

If I click on the summary bit, there is no ringtone bit.

There was about 2 minutes ago!

FFS!!!!!!!

Edition 30
Have you watched the other video?

Im on iPad, I can't screenshot what I want to show you!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All sorted. Thanks a lot mate. That bird missed out last night... ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I had similar issues when I had the 4s for all of a week. Patience is never my strong point lol. Keep thinking of getting one again though, I must be mad.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think so yeah. :)

I'll find out at about 8am when the thing starts going for work.

Bus w**ker
I'm impressed Dan, you've even got iMessage working...hours of fun now sending you abusive picture messages lol.