ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alright guys need help with I something

PH2 172
Right my 172 was making a diesel type noise coming from the engine itself all the time, the mechanic thought it was lifters and replaced the ones where he said the noise was coming from and also replace two rocker arms, now the car is next too silent when cold but after I've been out driving for a while nnthe engine gets warm it comes back, sounds just like a diesel when its idling and its driving me mental, the cars next too perfect apart from this, does anyone have ideas or had this sorta problem before, cheers :)

PH2 172
Cheers mate I was thinking that, after all the stuff I've read about them on here but wanted to know if there could of been something else, its still under some from of warranty atm so it'll be going back for that to be done as well :) if I keep driving it for a few days will it cause any damage you know of, as im due to go down Weston super mare on Friday till Sunday and its a 440ile round trip :/

I've not had the problem myself, I had mine changed when I did the cam belt.

I've heard that it wont cause damage just noise, but I've also seen a few people say it could cause damage worst case, so probably best to do a search and make your own mind up about that though.

PH2 172
Yeah good point, its all cover engine wise, so I'll speak too the bloke who's doing it all and see if he's prepared to risk a possible engine rebuild :/

PH2 172
So I've sorted out with the mechanic to have the new dephaser fitted next weekend, the car had all the belts done as well as new valves about a month ago (700 miles) will it need a new cam belt with it being done so recently?