ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AFTERMARKET ALARM FAULT

Jus bought toms old car and the alarm has started playin up. It was only fitted May 09. Its a Toad AI606 and has been going off at half hour intervals all night, my dads going skitz.

I've noticed its been givin off more than the nornal two chirps when its playin up. Also check all the doors / boot etc .... are shut correctly before re-locking but still persists on going off!

I couldnt find a reasonable solution in any other threads ??!! HELP

Ultrasonics possibly? I'm going to try now
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=428792&highlight=turn+off+ultrasonics

Last edited:
  Vee 6
Yes, Part of the criteria for CAT 1 status. They get a kicking there and can cause problems.

It simply open's to earth, so disconnect the wire from it and insulate to rule it out.

Last edited:
Yes, Part of the criteria for CAT 1 status. They get a kicking there and can cause problems.

It simply open's to earth, so disconnect the wire from it and insulate to rule it out.

cheers ill do this tomorrow. if it is the bonnet how would i go abt fixing it?

A money pit
I've got exactly the same problem and the amount of chirps indicate the bonnet pin. Will see if I can fix it today else i'll let a pro have a look. Its bloody annoying though!

A money pit
I unscrewed the bonnet pin, disconnected and removed any corrosion. Took all the insulation tape off that I could get too and re-insulated, put a bit more around where I thought something could interfere.

Alarm has been set for the last 30 mins and nothing so far. Mine would go off every 10-15 mins. Will see how it goes for the rest of the day.

Vee 6
These switches are open to the elements and can take a pounding when the bonnet gets closed.

Out of all the triggers this one has the hardest life.

It's the first thing i look at with customers alarm problems.

Like you said, A good clean up, grease and adjust normally does the job.

if it's the bonnet pin would the door open warning light be showing?
My light keeps flashing suggesting one of the doors is open & setting the alarm off in the process but I can't work out the problem. I previously replaced the boot catch for the same reason but can't believe it could be broken again?
any ideas?

Vee 6
If the door open light is on then it would suggest either one of the switches is at fault or the body control is acting up.

Is the interior light operating as it should ( On / off ) with the door switch's ?

Vee 6
Yes but it's involved and costly, I've never noticed ( I'm new to the clio ) Does the door open light show if the rear hatch is open ? If your alarm is the cat 1 upgrade version (most were ) Then the hatch would also need to have a trigger on it too.

I've taken my display out of mine so i can't check for you. Maybe somebody could check !!

I think the switch is part of the rear lock mech.

i'm pretty sure the rear hatch is the problem but I've already changed the locking mechanism once & it seems strange that it should go again, especially given that I very rarely even open it. I'm tempted to try and disconnect it completely but not sure if that would cause a break in the circuit and it would probably invalidate my insurance if someone was to break in through the boot?