ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian flux competitors

Have been with Adrian Flux for the past 3 years and have always found them to be very competitive with price.

I got my renewal through recently and was expecting it to go up as thats what I have read alot about on here.

But it had gone down from last year, but not by a great deal. Great I thought, cheaper again year on. But, I decided to ring around and check the net for better or near quotes to see what was what.

Did a confused quote, none came back as low as flux, phoned admiral and direct line. Neither were as cheap as Flux. Now I thought surely I would be able to find someone nearly as good or cheaper.

I have made a list of people to try later based on what I have read in here, but wondered if people that had been with flux for a while had any companies in particular that would beat Flux.

Going to try:

Privilege
Elephant
Aviva
LV
Bell
Chris Knott
Sky - don't cover cups apparently, but will give a go none the less.

Anymore?

Maybe I should just pay the price and be happy with it, but I refuse to admit they are the cheapest!

MR2 Mk1.5
Sky - don't cover cups apparently,

That is not true, we do cover cups. I believe someone posted recently that we didn't, when I queried this apparantly they had mixed us up with another insurer.

Feel free to PM me if you would like for me to arrange a call back for you :cool:

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Freetrack&Monaco 172
That is not true, we do cover cups. I believe someone posted recently that we didn't, when I queried this apparantly they had mixed us up with another insurer.

Feel free to PM me if you would like for me to arrange a call back for you :cool:

Ollie
Sky Insurance

This was me, its Greenlight Insurance that dont like Cups.....apparently we are a too higher risk for not having ABS......

My bad.....

Nissan 350z
Greenlight Insurance managed to beat my Flux renewal by almost half. Give them a try (phone them) :)

None of the aforementioned could get anywhere near what I was quoted with flux.

I ended up ringing flux back up to get a quote with my partner added to see what it was and it increased £100 on for that which I didnt want to pay so they ended up bringing my original quote down even further. So with flux, me and my partner are even cheaper than just me by hundreds with others.

I rang Sky insurance and got through to customer services even though I selected the quote option. The lady put me on hold and disconnected me, but second time round the guy was helpful enough. Unfortunately they could'nt touch flux's original figure.

Very impressed with flux's performance on the original renewal quote, and what they could knock it down to with a partner added.

All sorted through flux now.

172 cup insured with modifications for a 23 year old with 6 points and a 21 year old woman, £565 fully comp. Couldn't argue with that.

Skoda
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_-9QFvhQWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_-9QFvhQWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Civil servant.

Insured on driveway, with 5000 miles a year, which is more than enough.

Civil servant too, 26 with 6 years ncd 7500 miles, no points/one non-fault claim in 2008, Garaged......£704

Not fair :(

Think my postcode is rated 'D' though......

Dirty E91
Try the comparethemarket, money supermarket, etc, I was with Adrian Flux until my renewal came through, saved me about £100!

Civil servant too, 26 with 6 years ncd 7500 miles, no points/one non-fault claim in 2008, Garaged......£704

Was even cheaper if I didn't have the missus on there.

Have no idea how my Postcode rates.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Me aswell! Yet i pay 1300, 23 no points no claims! Its a fukin joke just a masive money making scheme for the conpanys owners, in 2 years ive payed 2600, i could of payed my car off ages ago with that money! how the f**k can they justify that! Reli makes me sick, i get out of Bed go to work every day being a decent citizen and get no respect from insurance companys.

GTD, Lupo
I just go my renewal from flux and im pretty shocked.

Went from £400 last year to £575 :eek: looks like its time to start calling around.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
Some people have strange rules, just found these on the greenlight wenbsite :D

Excluded vehicles
  • BMW E36 models – (E30/E46 derivatives are still acceptable)
  • Citroen Saxo models
  • Ford Sierra RS500 model
  • Honda S2000, Integra DC2 & DC5 imports (UK DC2′s are acceptable)
  • Lotus Elise/Exige
  • Nissan 200SX/Silvia models (All)
  • Porsche (except Boxster)
  • Renault Clio 172 “Cup” (non-ABS) model – (All other 172 derivatives are acceptable)
  • Skoda Fabia/Octavia models
  • TVR (all models)
  • Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
  • LHD vehicles (except Golf Rallye and Lancia Delta)
I can understand some of them but some are a little silly :D Pah! Saxos :D

Gorms

MR2 Mk1.5
Some people have strange rules, just found these on the greenlight wenbsite :D

Excluded vehicles
  • BMW E36 models – (E30/E46 derivatives are still acceptable)
  • Citroen Saxo models
  • Ford Sierra RS500 model
  • Honda S2000, Integra DC2 & DC5 imports (UK DC2′s are acceptable)
  • Lotus Elise/Exige
  • Nissan 200SX/Silvia models (All)
  • Porsche (except Boxster)
  • Renault Clio 172 “Cup” (non-ABS) model – (All other 172 derivatives are acceptable)
  • Skoda Fabia/Octavia models
  • TVR (all models)
  • Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
  • LHD vehicles (except Golf Rallye and Lancia Delta)
I can understand some of them but some are a little silly :D Pah! Saxos :D

Gorms

It'll be down to the claims/loss ratio associated with each vehicle for that particular company.

GTD, Lupo
Adrian flux are very cheeky.

Last year i paid £400 i think the renewal was £575 which was a little crazy in my eyes. Went on gocompare got the lowest quote and rang Flux back up and they cut £5 of that so now offering £470. Still not happy with that but i have had it explained to me that some insurance companies are going bust.

Will keep shopping around as im not going to pay more than i did last year and considering im:

Driving for 11 years
6 NCB
No convictions
No Claims
Decent address
Garages and below average miles.

Oh well back on the phone i go.

Paul

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ive just tried adrian flux,there renewal was £1,366 down about 200 quid from last year,just rang sky and got a £940 quote,dont think anyone will beat that.I`m 40,been driving 2 years with 2 yrs no claims(non protected )and 3 points on my licence.

GTD, Lupo
Yep Skyinsurance for me is the cheapest :D Ollie is just chasing something up for me but im currently a little cheaper than flux, a total of 225 cheaper than thier renewal they sent me.

Skyinsurance = :D

Paul

MR2 Mk1.5
Excellent.

Paul, I think you have been called back now but PM me if you haven't, I'm working on a remote desktop today so dont have access to the sales team like I usually would.

Oh, we close at 5.30pm today folks..