ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A V6 but no garage...? Hmmm...?

Da

Less
Would you...? Basically my next car is hopefully either a Racing blue 182 or a mk1 V6. Ignoring the impracticalities of the vee my only concern is parking it outside my house on a daily basis as I live in a terraced house with only parking on the street.
Bad idea or liveable?

Discuss/

Da

Less
yeah true. Area is decent it's just the piss heads walking past at the weekend I'd worry about. Saying that guy next door has just bought a TT!

I'd still be concerned tbh , you can tell what would happen to your own . It is a shame that you cant keep something nice on public roads these days .

Da

Less
CCTV is fair enough but the likelihood of catching anyone doesn't warrant it IMO. As for alarm, not certain but I think vees have a Cat1 alarm and Cat2 immob with tracker.

I think it would be safe, afterall it's only a Clio lol! Just everytime I see pics/threads about vees they're parked in garages, on drives or on peoples private estates ;)

Da

Less
I could rent a garage, but that in itself is impractical because they are all a good 10 minute walk away. As for friends/family, no none that I can think of.

10 mins for peace and mind ....... get a push bike too , to use to get to the garage ??
now the V6 looks easier to keep safe .

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I wouldnt the V6 deserves the best. Is there not garages you could rent near by ?

Da

Less
The'd be more that I'd be worried about usablity and cost firstly.

yeah apprecaite that but I just want to own one, even if it's for 6 months/1 year I need to do it before I get old and boring ;) I'm aware of the costs etc and they aren't really an issue tbh.

10 mins for peace and mind ....... get a push bike too , to use to get to the garage ??

lol, push bike to V6 :rasp:

BMW 330D
Strange question but what other cars are their on your street?
If theyre old bangers or just mondeo's then i wouldnt park the vee on the street whereas if their are other nice cars about it wouldnt stick out as much? You get what im trying to say>?

yeah apprecaite that but I just want to own one, even if it's for 6 months/1 year I need to do it before I get old and boring ;) I'm aware of the costs etc and they aren't really an issue tbh.

lol, push bike to V6 :rasp:

Depends how bad you want it , then how bad you want to keep it ;)

Da

Less
Yeah I get ya Adam, and tbh thinking about it (besides the TT) there's just mondeos, astras and the like. Nothing really significant that I can think of.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
What would scare me is some prat running over your car, denting bonnet & roof etc, they always seem to target nice cars.

BMW 330D
Yeah I get ya Adam, and tbh thinking about it (besides the TT) there's just mondeos, astras and the like. Nothing really significant that I can think of.
If it was me mate i wouldnt risk it then. I mean a clio V6 is a fairly rare car and gets looks wherever it goes. If someone was going to damage a car they would probably pick the nicest and the one that stood out the most ie Clio V6 or the TT. Its your choice at the end of the day though......

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
M8 i live in bfast in N.irlenad and in areas like that bit and bobs of the car would be pulled off ie wing mirrors and badges! worst ive seen is car bricked and petrol bombed! A4 istate! but if that doesnt happen in england get a cctv and get a v6! trust me!!!!!!thats why are insurance is so dear here!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
CCTV is fair enough but the likelihood of catching anyone doesn't warrant it IMO. As for alarm, not certain but I think vees have a Cat1 alarm and Cat2 immob with tracker.

I think it would be safe, afterall it's only a Clio lol! Just everytime I see pics/threads about vees they're parked in garages, on drives or on peoples private estates ;)
OK maybe not CCTV, a security light would defo deter any would be theives as it would put a spotlight on them whilst they 'work'. If you think its a safe area go for it! If you have doubts there must be a reason so dont leave it on the street

RB 182
Dont do it , i live in a nice street, cars are all y our average , but its the peeps walkin home after night out, you just cant be sure, everycar in our street got keyed last year and then a month later someone jumped on quite a few. In the day its fine ,if you have the same sort of issue i wouldnt do it.

I wouldn't, but then I've never had a house without a garage ;) :)
made sure off that.....like to hide my car from people and weather.....lol ;)

Simon

2 wheel power
Defo dependant on location. My bro has no garage but lives down a cul de sac sort of area, ie: No need to be down there and is out of the way. If you live on a 'shortcut' road then its up to you

Just on a slightly different note, have you been in touch with your insurance company?

With such a highly grouped car they might not even cover you for street parking. All depends on your postcode.

Da

Less
yes mate, that is one of the first things i checked out before having a look around for vees available. There is no issue there although it does obviously increase premiums.

Clio-V6
i have seen a macy edition evo 6 parked on the road outside a terrace house road and it seemed fine. and thats in the middle of clapham south london!

PH1_172
It will be fine i think my boyfriend has had the cossie/ m3 convertible on the street all the time he just puts car covers on them, yeah the clio v6 is rarer but i think it will be fine.

I wouldnt put it in a garage 10 mins from you as if people start to realise what your doing whts stopping them breaking into the garage and having it away as you wouldnt be none the wiser, unless you put a security post in front of the garage door!

182 Trophy
I used to live in an area called Jesmond which is in Newcastle upon Tyne. I rented the place with a mate and it was a through road of standard terraced houses with one M3 CSL, a Monaro, a Cooper S works and a couple of smart Audi's. It wasn't a particularly posh road and there used to be a regular aerial thief, but apart from that it was A ok! With all this smart machinery fully exposed my mind was put to rest leaving my 'cheapie' 182 out there! Moral of the story is...the nicer the other cars are on the street, the less vulnerable you feel...

Volvo S60 T5
Thats what put me off getting one, I dont live in the best area in Portsmouth.
v6clio.jpg

Parked down my road, would stick out like a sore thumb, only takes some pisshead or one of the local chav's and you could end up with a very big repair bill.

Da

Less
Is that Andy's Vee Mike? Was always surprised not to see you driving one as your business took off :) Now I understand why mate.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
its getting body parts if it gets damaged there mega bucks,not like a 172/182 where you can pick stuff up on ebay