ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A new but old member!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Evening all! My names Chris and ive just returned to CS after nearly 10 years away! lol makes me feel old! I owned two clio 16 valves when i was 18-19 years old (!) and a 172 and was a member on here, oh how its change but strangely its the same! Same old questions, what exhaust is best etc lol
Heres my first, relatively std, late 96 car in Monaco:
DSCN0204.JPG
Second one, another 96 monaco but this had loads done, including full Hillpower engine work inc cams, headwork, Koni's etc etc Big wheels are not to my liking anymore (old age) and was a major pain in the date all the time i owned it!
Dscn0604.jpg
So on to present day, picked up my BG 182 full fat from James Stone. What drew me to it was its history, the goodies fitted and above all the fact its had an engine rebuild done 500 miles ago. It drove so tight (has H&R coilovers, Rarb) and the engine is really strong (428's) i had to have it!

DSC03288.jpg0
Some of you may know me from Detailing world as im a detailer over there, so plans for the car will obviously a big freshen up as it makes my eyes bleed at present! bloody ocd! If any of you are interested im about to start a thread in projects for the car, probably will start with a full wetsand and correction detail, and quite a few different bits are on the agenda too! Exciting times and im glad to be back in the CS club! Oh and obviously being a detailer and mechanic, im happy to help wherever i can!

Cheers
Chris
DetailMe

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
welcome back mate, love the first valver, nice car you have bought enjoy.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Welcome back mate!

Awesome spec on the 182, I was looking it in the FS section the other day thinking it'd be a good buy.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Thanks blokes yeah it seems like a good buy, good spec and feels solid, handling is unreal and the engine really is a strong one, does go well. Few issues/niggles to sort out ASAP, but I'm happy!

Welcome back ! Looks tidy .. will keep an eye out.

Where in Essex are you ?
Cheers fella, live near Rayleigh, how about yourself?

I remember your Valver on those wheels. Ages ago!

Ha was a while ago, 9 years ish! Had many motors since then bub have returned to the little onion eating s**t boxes lol!

Chris

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome back dude. At least you found the original account. A lot have to start again.

Jan 03, Turner will not be happy. ;)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I do enjoy your work on DW, there are many that don't escape my criticism! :eek:

TT is superb mate, nice car to have through winter, actually just organising a weekend for correction and ceramic sealant for winter. The Frp had old C1 on it. Was pretty awesome so I want the same again.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Haha, I do enjoy your work on DW, there are many that don't escape my criticism! :eek:

TT is superb mate, nice car to have through winter, actually just organising a weekend for correction and ceramic sealant for winter. The Frp had old C1 on it. Was pretty awesome so I want the same again.

Keeps us on our toes! I've slipped my subscription and not been on for ages, I'm still in business (unlike many lol) but been a busy year. Became a dad, getting married and I've got a studio/workahop that I'm currently setting up, and finally..getting married in two weeks phew! But...I'll be back!!
Glad u liking the TT, always a worry when you was so connected with you FRP that you may not gell with a new motor ! Got big plans for the 182, wet sand via DA. can't wait to crack on but it's not gonna happen for a bit due to the above and current workload. Frustrating! :mad:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Understandable. I don't envy bring a pro, proper full time job. I always thought i'd lose the love for it if I did it full time.

The Frp I still miss. It was the right time for it to go though, market wise. I think there is only 2-3 for sale on PH just now. I'd probably own one again at some point. Maybe as a second car.

Yeah the whole detailing thing has went a bit far. I was reading a thread from 2010 tonight and reminded me of the good times on there. Not quite the same I must say.

Products coming out left, right and centre etc.

Anyway keep up the good work mate, that 182 better have the mother of all write ups! ;)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Understandable. I don't envy bring a pro, proper full time job. I always thought i'd lose the love for it if I did it full time.

The Frp I still miss. It was the right time for it to go though, market wise. I think there is only 2-3 for sale on PH just now. I'd probably own one again at some point. Maybe as a second car.

Yeah the whole detailing thing has went a bit far. I was reading a thread from 2010 tonight and reminded me of the good times on there. Not quite the same I must say.

Products coming out left, right and centre etc.

Anyway keep up the good work mate, that 182 better have the mother of all write ups! ;)

True true mate, most new products dont move the game on (apart from 'some' ceramic coatings i suppose) just more of the same really. See so many companies come and go, shame really, but thats for another day! Well all being well, the write up will be good, just going to be in drips and drabs. watch this space!

LY 200
Lol I've had a 182, 197 and 200 since my Valver mate and to be honest out of the lot of them it's the Valver I miss the most!

As good as the newer ones are I think they lack the character of the 16v's and Williams's personally.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lol I've had a 182, 197 and 200 since my Valver mate and to be honest out of the lot of them it's the Valver I miss the most!

As good as the newer ones are I think they lack the character of the 16v's and Williams's personally.

True, the valvers were cool! My 182 handles far better than i can drive on the roads, where as the valver you could exploit the limits more, cocking wheels etc and was fun! i suppose ive calmed down a bit now. May need a trip to brands in the 182, just dont want to ruin it!