ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few dc5 mods last weekend

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
To be fair most cars were making low power that day, a teg with the same mods as me with cams and a less restrictive exhaust only made 225 :S

Artech mapped the car (pretty highly regarded, they mapped Dixons DC2 race car) and the map is spot on. Mine did make quite a bit more the day it was mapped on a different roller. Guess it just shows figures dont really matter that much, it drives well.

I like the fact you dont have to keep remapping with the mugen, tbh id quite like to exchange my twinloop for something less restrictive but then you got £250 every time you change anything.

Interested to see what you make anyway :D

Maybe the rollers give very low figures then - or maybe others are quite generous? Either way if you can tell the difference and are happy with the inprovements thats the main thing. Yeah the N1 is ideal for me, i'm happy i found one 2nd hand!

Shhhh... I've been driving Steve mad with my blowing exhaust, he said it's never been right on this car. LOL I been to birchdown twice with it :p

lol yeah it drove me mad too!

Awesome.

Great choice of mods as well! Someone been taking advice over on ITR-DC5? ;)

Haha yeah, it's pretty quiet over there though. You have a DC5 now Chris??

Titanium 182
Toying with getting an mr2 as a project car but I don't have the space as I would want to garage it! :rasp:

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i love the mr2 turbos! Never liked them that much but i saw one in blue the other day and loved it!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Haha yeah, it's pretty quiet over there though. You have a DC5 now Chris??

Thought so ;) Yeah, it's quieter, but can't be beaten for info!

I've been a member over there for a while now, yeah. Just changed jobs recently, so as soon as things get into a rhythm there, i'll be sorting my own... finally!

Yours looks bang on mate. Great choices.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Thought so ;) Yeah, it's quieter, but can't be beaten for info!

I've been a member over there for a while now, yeah. Just changed jobs recently, so as soon as things get into a rhythm there, i'll be sorting my own... finally!

Yours looks bang on mate. Great choices.

Cheers Chris, we'll have to get some N.West meets sorted when you get yours! Yeah it is very good for info!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I finally got my spoon 4-2 2-1 manifold fitted today at TDI North. The rolling road figures are 231.3bhp and 168.3lb/ft of torque.

I'm quite pleased with the results really as i still have the oem airbox and oem exhaust. Hopefully i'll find a 2nd hand gruppe m and a quietish exhaust system then i might get a few more ponnies out of it
icon_e_smile.gif

Downsides to the spoon manifolod are quite an annoying whistle/tick on acceleration and the engine management light staying on. I was told about the nouise before hand and i dont think its too bad really.