ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5dr 1.2 rep

BMW 535d
Hello Everyone

My name is Jake and i am 17. i passed my driving test in february 2011 with one minor :). I am currently at 6th form and have been on this site for about 6 weeks and found most of the threads very helpful. My grandparents got me the car for my 17th biirthday present.

Its a 1.2 Dynamique and had about 62,000 miles on the clock. Anyway this is how the car stood when i first got it home.

P1000072.jpg

P1000074.jpg

( there is a small dent in the arc on the boot :()
P1000075.jpg

P1000076.jpg

So as soon as i passed my test i was out as much a possible and ended up spending a fortune on petrol :(

Then. 2 weeks after i passed to the day on the way to school i had a low speed collision with a skoda octavia.

P1000142.jpg

This is the result. A cracked wing with scratches and tyre marks all over it :(

I went down to the local breakers (Cit-ren) to look for a new wing and found myself returning home with a set or 172 bumpers :). The next weekend i tried to fit the front bumper and realised that i needed to have wider/flared front wheel arches. So back of to Cit-ren i went and came home with the rear seats down and a set of RS arches and skirts :). While i was down there i picked up a set of 2.016v door bullets and a "chavvy" ehaust they had laying around. The weekend after i put the exhaust and bullets on and this is what they look like.

IMG_0106.jpg

P1000136-2.jpg

P1000140-1.jpg

I then wanted a bit more power from my small 1.2 so i started to look for an air filter. I was lucky enough to get given one from my dads mates 2.5 discovery. All i needed to do was to get a 90 pipe and an oil breather filter. Once i had everything on it went and this is what it looked like.

IMG_0069.jpg

( Sorry about the light and pic quality)

I then wanted to get some new alloys like every teenager does so i was looking at 17's until i saw on post on here and started to look for a set of turini's or 182 alloys. I stumbled across a set of 5 15" Oz F1's and made a deal instantly. The next day they were fitted and i found out that both my rear wheels were severely bent and flatspotted. As soon as i got home they got a wash and a clean up with alloy cleaner and then a slight referb where the laquer was coming off.

IMG_0124.jpg

before
IMG_0125.jpg

after

So then the bumpers, arches and skirts went off to be sprayed and last weekend i was down at the workshop putting them on.

IMG_0127.jpg

Drivers wing and bumper off
IMG_0128.jpg

both wide wings on and bumper offered up
IMG_0130.jpg

front all on just need to attatch the number plate
IMG_0129.jpg

rear bumper off along with parking sensors

I then took the car home with the skirts fitted and gave it a polish and sprayed the front diamond and the dash strips orange. So this is how the car sits at the minute.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

All coments welcome :)

Jake

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Looking like great progress at the moment! Shame about that exhaust though, really need a ktec stealth on there or a custom one. Definately save for coilovers next and sport interior :)

BMW 535d
yeah coilovers are next on the list for a big purchase but might be a while as i have to save hard for insurance next year coz its quite high. I was thinking about a ktec supersports recess

jake

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lucky fucker, when I first got my car I think I checked every scrap yard for 1*2 parts!

I don't actually mind the exhaust, was expecting worse from the comments (pics took a while to load)

Very nice car mate!

BMW 535d
cheers for your comments keep them coming in :) i am thinking about spraying the bullets and the centre cap diamonds orange aswell. what do you all think?

Grande 1.2
yeah looks nice mate, cant say im a fan of the orange interior :( but each to there own, as long as you like it man!

the sport bumpers look sweet :cool:

clio 5door sport rep
hi mate... im also a five door owner.... were a rare breed apparently. looking good although im not a huge fan of the exhaust... but its not too bad. not a fan of the orange interior,..... i would have went for yellow myslef. but apart from that its looking sweet, i fitted a spoiler to mine but had mostly negative resposes from folk on here... but i love it :D

. did you fit your sideskirts yourself? if not how much you pay to have them fitted? i have sideskirts too but as yet unfitted and unsprayed...

only other thing id say is get a rs grill. there on ebay just now for about 50 quid. i fitted mine yesterday. looks sweet. :D

BMW E36 328
Really nice colour mate, coming along well. But you really should remove that S***e exhaust and put your standard one back on for now.

The exhaust is probably the most horrific chavvy looking exhaust I've ever seen in my life.

The rest is good though. Lose the 2 litre badges and deck it.

BMW 535d
The exhaust is probably the most horrific chavvy looking exhaust I've ever seen in my life.

The rest is good though. Lose the 2 litre badges and deck it.

i really want a ktec recess supersports but it just the cost at the moment coz i have been off work all last month from a football injury so had no income. will be saving hard though :)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
looks well so far, love the colour! needs lowered badly though, and i absolutely hate that exhaust!

That exhaust is shockingly s**t mate, dont let the WNK on the numberplate mean w**k just because of the exhaust! its alright otherwise

Remove the exhaust asap, RS grille on the front would make it look much better imo, it just looks like a luxury spec 5 door atm, grille will make it look abit more mean on the front end

As said lowering would be great for the car, good effort so far

clio 1.2
liking it id say get a black background for the lights an rs grill lower and take the orange badge off looks stupid but good aprt from that

BMW 535d
I really like the orange i dont know why i just think its a goood contrast with the colour. I am in the process of looking into a second hand stealth system :) Went to renault yesterday and they want £65 for an rs grill so will be heading down to the breakers soon to see if they have one :)

Jap Box
I really like the orange i dont know why i just think its a goood contrast with the colour. I am in the process of looking into a second hand stealth system :) Went to renault yesterday and they want £65 for an rs grill so will be heading down to the breakers soon to see if they have one :)

RS grill can be had on ebay for around £50

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Sport...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2563e6f9a1

£55 inc postage, was the cheapest I could find on my small search.

BMW 535d
The breakers down the road is £40 so i am going to wait for them to have one coz mot etc are soon approaching :( should go straight through though :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Good effort .. glad the parking sensors got the snip.... who needs parking sensors on a supermini FFS :S

How's the insurance taken the modifications bearing in mind you're only 17 !?

PS: Never up-badge .. when Barry in his 1.4 goes past you at the local drag strip, er, I mean traffic lights, you'll feel even sillier than you'd look. :eek:

Jb.

Mk2 Ph2 Non-Sport
Saw you yesterday driving through the city, As said before its a lovely colour! I thought the exhaust wasn't half as bad as it looks on here, bit too loud though, K-Tec system would be a very good improvement.
Not keen on the orange though.
Will be looking top notch soon though no doubt :)
Jb.

BMW 535d
Good effort .. glad the parking sensors got the snip.... who needs parking sensors on a supermini FFS :S

How's the insurance taken the modifications bearing in mind you're only 17 !?

PS: Never up-badge .. when Barry in his 1.4 goes past you at the local drag strip, er, I mean traffic lights, you'll feel even sillier than you'd look. :eek:

The insurance has taken the mods pretty well actually, much better than i though they would have. £90 extra in total so far :) The parking sensors didnt get the snip they were just desabled and left on the standard bumper

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
car is looking good apart from the exhaust, it does need lowered to pull off OZ f1s but that can wait that exhaust needs sorted ASAP!!!, no need for a loud exhaust on a 1.2 16v id stick with standard or a mild stealth!

id have fitted the parking sensors to the 172 bumper and painted them the same colour as the car just to be different, make a luxury rep, initale paris interior etc!

BMW 535d
car is looking good apart from the exhaust, it does need lowered to pull off OZ f1s but that can wait that exhaust needs sorted ASAP!!!, no need for a loud exhaust on a 1.2 16v id stick with standard or a mild stealth!

id have fitted the parking sensors to the 172 bumper and painted them the same colour as the car just to be different, make a luxury rep, initale paris interior etc!

Dont spose you have a picture of this interior? Would like to know what it looks like. Might just get my interior reupholstered in cream leather? What do you think?
Jake

Good effort so far!

But as said above, dropped and different exhaust and youre already onto a winner

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I hope someone paid you to take that exhaust and put it on your car.

Other than that its really nice. Lovely colour imo!!

Sam!

BMW 535d
UPDATE:

Removed my 2.0L bullets last night and started to spray them orange. Mucked the first one up because of frustration so started on the second. Was going well and finished it with 4 coats of colour and 3 coats of laquer. Left it in the garage to dry overnight and then wokr up this morning ready to go and put it on the car and the laquer had gone all splotchy and looked like water marks :( so rubbed them both down again and started over. Glad to say that they both came out well just need some black to emphasise the lettering.

Be prepared for some bad quality iphone pics :(

IMG_0141.jpg

New coloured bullets
IMG_0139.jpg

Distance
IMG_0140.jpg

Looking up
IMG_0142.jpg

Across the front quater
IMG_0143.jpg

LIGHTS
IMG_0144.jpg

front quarter shot
IMG_0145.jpg

One from the rear with fogs on
IMG_0146.jpg

Down the track
IMG_0147.jpg

I love this one :D

Any comments welcome

Jake

E46 M3 182FF & 530i
Love this car ! Got a five door too and been looking everywhere to find pictures of modified ones! wheels would look nice sprayed grey! :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Love this car ! Got a five door too and been looking everywhere to find pictures of modified ones! wheels would look nice sprayed grey! :)

You aren't looking hard enough!

Jake I think it'd look a bit classier with the standard silver badge tbh

BMW 535d
You aren't looking hard enough!

Jake I think it'd look a bit classier with the standard silver badge tbh

I might go and get some from the breakers at a later date but i like it atm. Where did you get you towing eye from? Looks really good :) Did you have a k-tec engine conversion on your 5 door?