ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

519 Automotive lowering springs anyone?

Clio 182
Hi all. I fitted my lowering springs the other month and they did feel ok. Now the fronts sit nice but hard and the rear is too high and soft..... I was thinking to cut half a turn off the little pig tail on the rear springs. Anyone else done this? My headlights are pointing to the floor so I need to lower the rear.

Clio 182
I dont want to adjust the headlights u want the rear lower. Once its the hight I want ill adjust the headlights if I need.

Just need to know if anyone has cut a little bit off the rear spring? Im guessing it will lower it another 20mm on rear.

Clio 182
20140606_152147_zpsmfaulsjf.jpg

Iv got spacers on now but I dont have a pic. As you can see the rear is a bit high.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not a bad height. It'll allow for passengers and stuff in the boot too.

If you want to go lower you'd be better off selling them and getting a different set of springs.

Audi A5
Don't cut the springs, that's the pickey way of getting the results you want.

To me the height looks ok, but if your not happy then maybe consider some coilovers for more adjustment.

Clio 182
I think these springs are 30-25mm drop. Would anyone want to swap the rears at all? They only a month old.....

I'll take a couple more pics tomorrow to show how it sits. The fronts have gone down another 10mm but the rears are as they look in that pic above.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Fyi cooksports sit similar, low at front and high at the back. Can look a bit silly at some angles. I tend to try keep a full tank lol looks more obvious when its empty.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Sits perfect IMO in that picture. A bit of nose down rake beats arse dragging lowness at the back

Clio 182
I bet the rod for the headlamp level sensor has come off the rear beam.
I checked that. I was going to adjust it but found it could not be adjusted so I physically bent the bracket a little but didnt seem to make much difference.
Have you got any fuel in it?

I always brim it then use it to do the same again. Back end does not feel anywhere as sure footed as my Williams :/