ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

335BHP 182

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
thanks for all the comments and views guys but everyone is different and I wanted something different and that stud out. Like iv said before it would cost in the region on 8.5-9k to get this spec and there are people willing to pay that, so why is this expensive to buy a car fully done? I use the car every day with no problems, like aydon said if you drove a supercharged one you would soon change your mind, but everyone to there own.:cool:

Why are you selling after 2,000 miles?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
People can do what they want with their own car but, capable gearbox?

Lol it's the worst gearbox I've ever used. Even when brand new.

Yes, the gearbox is very capable. Not saying they are the best gearbox's in the world, but capable. Speaking through experience of owning a 172 Cup track car, 182 and now a 172 ph1 turbo. If your destroying your gearbox's with ease then well, you drive like a phaggot.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
This thread was bound to go down this route, fck knows why though. Theres absoloutely nothing wrong with the car by the looks of it. The owners just asking way too much (no offense).

I've driven 2 charged clios and they're exactly what you'd expect, rapid. For me I much prefer balance and drivabilty that comes with throttle bodies and making the car slightly more highly strung. It's all the same - if you could readily buy the parts available and tune a Punto HGT or a Saxo to similar power, people would - because they can. You put that amount of power through a car that isn't meant for it then you have to anticipate the worst, and I think a huge number of people who go for these conversions simply don't and then realise soon after.

Vicious circle, but to say that supercharging one is 'ruining it' is just ignorant

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True enough. Ruined is a bit far. Although as the owners always seem to sell within months, one has to think that they themselves feel they have ruined it?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In my personal opinion it ruins it, because of the fact you've just stated. The 1*2 for me has always been more about handling and chuckability than outright speed. To spend 9k supercharging a Clio to then say full throttle launches aren't adviseable seems abit daft.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
You do a full throttle launch in any Renault Sport enough times and you're going to wear numerous parts out, so that's void.

I'm not saying as soon as you launch off in it the diff will pop out and you'll throw a rod. I'm just saying you have to account for the fact that parts will wear out sooner.

Also although it's not always the case - every time someone sticks up a FI clio on here people instantly jump on to say "another one". People do have genuine reasons for sale you know lol.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've driven a SC clio, not with the amount of power as this one has but it was still a lot of fun to drive even if it was only a very short journey lol. I personally wouldn't do it as I couldn't justify the cost involved on a car worth so little these days. To say it ruins the car though isn't correct IMO.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd love to know why people sell them so quickly. All that time and effort for basically f*ck all.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Honda S2000, C63
Spunk all that money and then sell it after 2k?

Sounds as dodgy as a paedo's p0rn collection

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio
I'd love to know why people sell them so quickly. All that time and effort for basically f*ck all.
In all fairness for most there's no time and effort at all, just money, tbh though mate as impressive as this car is, I think the only way you'll even get close to making the money back that you've spent is breaking it, unfortunately regardless of what it's worth on paper, people just won't pay it for a 7 year old Clio, regardless of the spec. I genuinely wish you the best of luck with the sale though

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330D
Dont care how quick it goes the amount of money invloved then just to have an old clio at the end of it seems stupid. Now its come to resale most people in the know about clios dont seem to be keen on them and your average joe with 9k wont blow it on an old clio. Strange thing to do charging a clio

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
You do a full throttle launch in any Renault Sport enough times and you're going to wear numerous parts out, so that's void.

I'm not saying as soon as you launch off in it the diff will pop out and you'll throw a rod. I'm just saying you have to account for the fact that parts will wear out sooner.

Also although it's not always the case - every time someone sticks up a FI clio on here people instantly jump on to say "another one". People do have genuine reasons for sale you know lol.

Exactly this.

Give up on this thread now, people just aren't using any commen sense.
Depends what you mean by drivability and as for handling, charging doesn't change the handling what so ever, obviously you have to approach bends more gingerly because your going to be entering the corners alot faster than a normal clio, drivability can remain exactly the same if you've got a good package.

Views of gearbox remain exactly the same, has proven to be capable. Bear in mind were not talking about your 'ultra red 200's and other cars were talking about this particular car, if you haven't got that random one prone to break even if the car isn't charged (believe it or not gearbox's fail in any car charged/n/a or whatever) then your s**t out of luck. As proven by existing FI clio's with same gearbox's for over 10.000mls mine myself has now down 4,150 miles and still feels absolutely fine no crunch's etc etc etc bored.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it affects drivability and handling. How dumb do you have to be to suggest it doesn't?

I will add that I personally don't care if people want to do it (I have) but of course it affects the car. Don't be thick.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
Of course it affects drivability and handling. How dumb do you have to be to suggest it doesn't?

I will add that I personally don't care if people want to do it (I have) but of course it affects the car. Don't be thick.

Go on then, why would supercharging a clio make it understeer and handle differently to a normal clio? As I already said you'd have to approach bends more gingerly because obviously you'd be aproaching them faster.
Or is that why the supercharged hill climb/rally clio's with suspension setups worth more than your car handle like dog s**t?
Handling is something completely different which you can upgrade if you wish to, and to accommodate your power output so you can take corners at higher speeds, but a standard cup susspension 172 isn't going to handle any different to a charged one if your both taking corners at the same speed.
And depends what you mean by drivability, you can get exactly the same feel but with more power from a well setup package.

Please enlighten me,
Einstein.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry you must have missed my question. Selling after 2,000 miles?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ep3

Tbf gally are you interested in buying it mate? No didn't think so. my contact details are on Ebay for anyone that is truly interested.

and as for handling how can it get worse? The power delivery is linear just like a NA Clio, if you've never driven one of these cars before mate you can not compare it at all.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ep3
<br>
<br>
Tbf gally are you interested in buying it mate? No didn't think so. my contact details are on Ebay for anyone that is truly interested.<br>
<br>
and as for handling how can it get worse? The power delivery is linear just like a NA Clio, if you've never driven one of these cars before mate you can not compare it at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is anyone interested in buying it.

Thanks for proving my point though.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't be arsed to argue over something I don't really care about. Like I said, people can do what they want to their own car.

Just PMSL at giving a car massively more power than OEM and it not affecting the handling. Of course it does. It changes the entire drive. It can't not do. Handling doesn't mean how fast you can take a roundabout BTW.

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Tbh having been a passenger in the old RSTuning 330bhp the power delivery is very linear and really doesn't feel as quick as your actually going. Other than a set of good tyres and decent front pads which a Clio should have anyways, it doesn't need anything else to harness that sort of power.

There's plenty of things that would make it better to drive but tbh there not needed.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
Can't be arsed to argue over something I don't really care about. Like I said, people can do what they want to their own car.

Just PMSL at giving a car massively more power than OEM and it not affecting the handling. Of course it does. It changes the entire drive. It can't not do. Handling doesn't mean how fast you can take a roundabout BTW.

Good. Because I can't be bothered either, if I reply'd to your comment I'd only be repeating myself for a third time anyway. So let's leave it at that.

Lol at the power delivery just like a NA clio, handling is no different though.

What he ment was its a Linear power delivery in otherwords smooth torque and power curve like an n/a clio. Obviously not the same volume of power because it's got twice what an n/a has. So like a clio but just alot faster, comparing to say a t4 turbo setup where you have standard power until your turbo spools and then you get punched in the nuts.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Handling is how a car feels when you ask it to change direction, how it reacts and responds to your inputs, how it communicates what's going on back to you.

If that is the case...I'm not sure where you're coming from Roy?

It has more power, and the delivery will be different...but it'll 'handle' just like it would do with a standard engine in it.

Won't it?

What am I missing?

Aside from a slight change in weight, how does having a supercharger strapped on make it behave and feel different?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Handling to me is also how the car reacts to throttle inputs. The cars balance is affected by the throttle.

I didn't say it would necessarily have a negative impact, but it will have an impact. Take 160hp Clio around a track, then take the same car around the same track with 330hp. Then come back and say it handles the same. Preposterous. If its different to drive it's affected.

IMO.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Titanium 182
I think he's thrusting towards the car being uncontrollable (or certainly less) if you apply throttle in the corners.

I imagine it would depend on how sensible you were with it - if you apply full throttle, you'll understeer in to the bushes, but if you slowly ease the throttle (as you should anyway), then surely it shouldn't be a problem?

Edit: I need to speed up my typing.

Whilst I agree it will handle differently Roy, isn't it all about how the power is harnessed by the user? It annoys me when Clarkson test drives a car and deems it 'undrivable' for his sheer lack of ability to feed the power in, and you watch him understeer or spin around in a mass oversteer of smoke and laughing!

You could improve and make the added power more usable through an LSD, but in essence, I'd say the car would handle the same, no?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
You balance a car on the throttle, you never go into a corner completely off the gas, unless you are a fan of lift off oversteer, so I guess this will have an affect. Granted the power delivery is linear, so its easy to balance, but without a diff, it's not going to be the best car to pull you out of a corner and get the power down. I'm guessing this is what Roy was on about.

Either way, this is an overpriced car and not the sort of car I would choose to put that much power in, but each to their own.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Handling to me is also how the car reacts to throttle inputs. The cars balance is affected by the throttle.

I didn't say it would necessarily have a negative impact, but it will have an impact. Take 160hp Clio around a track, then take the same car around the same track with 330hp. Then come back and say it handles the same. Preposterous. If its different to drive it's affected.

IMO.

And the throttle is affected by the driver...so 160 bhp Clio vs 330 bhp Clio with all things being equal...

The traction out of any given corner is the same, the tyres can withstand the same x bhp before they slip. So x bhp is applied by the driver, and the experience is identical regardless of how much surplus power sits beneath the driver's right foot.

Give it too much throttle, and the 160 bhp and 330 bhp versions will both likely understeer off the track. So they'll respond exactly the same to the throttle...but the more powerful one requires more driver discipline. That's not a change (for better or worse) in the car's handling characteristics.

It's a change in the ultimate power available and the driver's ability to exceed the grip available is increased.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's pretty much what I mean, kinda.

Basically, to me at least, handling is the balance of everything. The chassis and the power. I'm not slagging off a 330hp Clio. I'm sure it's amazing. I'm just saying that if you have to adjust the way you drive the car fast (which you do have to) then IMO the handling has been affected.

My car doesn't handle the same with 375hp as it did with 300. It's appreciably faster, with a lot more torque. This is reflected both in blanching the throttle to the apex, and how I open it as I unwind lock. It also has more torque steer when doing so. The drive is affected. It's different to drive on track. Now I know it's not a Clio, but going from 160+ to 300+ is going to be even more noticeable.

EDIT: yeah Mark I agree. Of course the driver has to adjust. But as he has to adjust, then it's been affected.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
And the throttle is affected by the driver...so 160 bhp Clio vs 330 bhp Clio with all things being equal...

The traction out of any given corner is the same, the tyres can withstand the same x bhp before they slip. So x bhp is applied by the driver, and the experience is identical regardless of how much surplus power sits beneath the driver's right foot.

Give it too much throttle, and the 160 bhp and 330 bhp versions will both likely understeer off the track. So they'll respond exactly the same to the throttle...but the more powerful one requires more driver discipline. That's not a change (for better or worse) in the car's handling characteristics.

It's a change in the ultimate power available and the driver's ability to exceed the grip available is increased.

Exactly this.
/End thread.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
Agreed. Let's not discuss such matters on a car forum :eek:

There's a difference between discussing and arguing.

Ones pleasant, ones full blown r****d.

And the matter has been settled, if you still want to go against what numerous people have said and what fact is, go to cynicalretardsport.net

Status
Not open for further replies.