ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

335BHP 182

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Ph2 Clio 172
No mention of an LSD? Surely thats going to go in which ever direction it decides it wants to?

Smacks of going all out for power with no thought of control. But still, would be a lot of fun!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
It's been for sale for a while mind you I think. Not an easy car to sell though. Especially when IMO he's asking a couple grand too much.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Is there some sort of illness that goes around that when a Clio's been modified to the nines that the seller has to punt it?

I really dont get it!

Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
No pics of the engine on a car which power is a main selling point :/ would definitely want to see what the bay looked like!

probably looks amence TBF.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 95.7%
22   1   0
  Many Things
I actually dont think its overpriced at all, however I wouldnt buy it personally. Its still got very low mileage on it regardless

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RS172 Flamer
That is the guys on here: dean_blue44, pulled a 13.3 down the drag strip at Fast Show (Santa Pod). Pretty good to say it doesn't have a Diff :) Imagine what it would be like with one..

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
225   0   0
  TCR'd 172
That is the guys on here: dean_blue44, pulled a 13.3 down the drag strip at Fast Show (Santa Pod). Pretty good to say it doesn't have a Diff :) Imagine what it would be like with one..

Yep thats him impressive car !

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Same old b*llocks. Buy a clio, supercharge it, ruin it, and then try and sell it for more than its worth.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
No mention of an LSD? Surely thats going to go in which ever direction it decides it wants to?

Smacks of going all out for power with no thought of control. But still, would be a lot of fun!

Maybe he had more plans for it? Diff later on? A car like this is an on going project, unless you have tonnes of money to lay down at that instant.

Standard gearbox?

There isn't an upgrade on standard gearbox, only a longer ratio'd DCI box.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Disagree. Passenger ride in a forced induction clio and so will you.
Yes because that will make me want to ruin my car. If I want to go faster than I can at the minute I will buy something different to a Clio. Simples.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo
Yes because that will make me want to ruin my car. If I want to go faster than I can at the minute I will buy something different to a Clio. Simples.

So what car will you buy? I'm sure we can all pass our judgement on that too. It's a fun thin opinion.

WTF? I never noticed the price.

Was that really NINE THOUSAND POUNDS for an almost 7 year old Clio?

I obviously need a ride in it. Then it'll make sense.

I wasn't justifying the price by my comment, I was saying it for the fact that some people like to force opinion by saying charging a clio is ruining one, and coming from someone who's never driven or even passengered in one it makes the comment pretty useless.
Personally yes I do think it's overpriced, but no doubt he just wants to cover his loses as much as he can, which unfortunately is never the way.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
engine has done just over 2k miles since it was built

My favourite bit. Yeah you realised it was still a Clio and you couldn't be arsed rebuilding it every 3 yards... seen it all before.

If I had a pound for every Turbo'd/Sc'd Clio that was sold within 6 months of conversion i'd be facking loaded.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Titanium 182

You've become quite the cynic!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?330875-You-ve-come-into-some-money

Of course you can say that you're older now, but what's to say the owner of this didn't feel the same way as you did at that age, and actually had the money to go ahead and do it?

Me personally, I wouldn't spend that sort of money on a Clio, either. Fair play to the owner regardless.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You've become quite the cynic!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?330875-You-ve-come-into-some-money

Of course you can say that you're older now, but what's to say the owner of this didn't feel the same way as you did at that age, and actually had the money to go ahead and do it?

Me personally, I wouldn't spend that sort of money on a Clio, either. Fair play to the owner regardless.

In all fairness that was almost 4 years ago when most 182s were worth probably 8/9k.

But yes I'm also not 17 anymore so spunking all my money on cars isn't my main priority anymore. The amount of Clios that get charged and then sold within in a few months proves that they either never work properly or it was never worth it in the first place.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Titanium 182
In all fairness that was almost 4 years ago when most 182s were worth probably 8/9k.

But yes I'm also not 17 anymore so spunking all my money on cars isn't my main priority anymore. The amount of Clios that get charged and then sold within in a few months proves that they either never work properly or it was never worth it in the first place.

4yrs ago they were worth about 6k - that's still 6k you were allowing yourself to spend on modifying it.

I'm only trying to prove the point that yes you might not want to do it now, but you did at one point, and what's to say this lad isn't younger?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 Turbo

Stereotypical CS view on FI clio's. Because a couple of people have had unsuccessful builds on clio probably due to things like going too much boost on standard internals, now all of a sudden every charged clio is inevitably going to blow up? There are actually alot of charged clio's that are unfortunately not on this forum. It isn't actually rocket science to build a very reliable charged clio. For instance the one we are talking about now has the spec's to run the power very reliably with forged internals, sufficient cooling setup. Only threat being the gearbox which has infect proven to be a capable gearbox unless your abusing it yourself by forcing it into gears but then again any setup could be exactly the same ITB's or whatever.

Last edited:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
22   0   0
  Clio/A3
Ruin a clio? Lol.

Wouldn't pay that much personally. Imagine its a thirsty beastie at 330hp too.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ep3
thanks for all the comments and views guys but everyone is different and I wanted something different and that stud out. Like iv said before it would cost in the region on 8.5-9k to get this spec and there are people willing to pay that, so why is this expensive to buy a car fully done? I use the car every day with no problems, like aydon said if you drove a supercharged one you would soon change your mind, but everyone to there own.:cool:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ly Megane 230 F1
i totally agree with you dean..
i am really enjoying the time with my ly 182 so far and if i had a spare 5/6k to even turn it into a 280/300bhp car i would.
If you enjoy the car you have and you dont mind spending a big amount of money on it then who is anyone to judge your opinion on that :)..every knows fine that when you start modding cars you will 90% of the time loose money, but its something that everyone on this forum enjoys.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People can do what they want with their own car but, capable gearbox?

Lol it's the worst gearbox I've ever used. Even when brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.