ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2016 Audi RS3

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Looks who's back again:

12994449_10154115521102579_5274324576016651928_n.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So what was wrong with it in the end and what would the non-warranty repair cost have been?
Fuel pressure regulator.

New modified part its self was cheap but they also changed my fuel pump and fuel rail as a precaution.

With the recovery, police assistance and parts and labour, the total bill was around £2800.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
f**king hell how does one rack up a bill like that on a new car. Do we have a medal thread here?
Tbh it was recovered twice, since I was on a bypass the police had to be called to assist, then an Audi tech van came out.

Then its had, fuel pump, pressure reg and fuel rail all fitted. Along with the Rennsport techs coming over to look at it.

Good job for warranty's!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh it was recovered twice, since I was on a bypass the police had to be called to assist, then an Audi tech van came out.

Then its had, fuel pump, pressure reg and fuel rail all fitted. Along with the Rennsport techs coming over to look at it.

Good job for warranty's!
I bet courtesy car wasn't a cheap internal cost either

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's a good reason to not modify new cars tbh. Got a mate with a tuning box on a year old Golf GTD that's started throwing check engine lights... He said "Can you help me take the box off before I take it to VW so they don't know I've had it"...

It was ex-demo so I suppose they'd have to prove it hadn't been messed with before they sold it to him, but is that potential hassle worth it?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Christ I knew they could see a lot these days but didn't realise quite how much. Scary really. Certainly got to have very deep pockets to risk mapping or tuning a new car.

A friend just updated his snap on tool to the latest version and that can read all sorts. Distance covered since management light has come on, number of warm ups since dtcs cleared, fuel entry in oil counter, number of misfires per 1000 revolutions of each cylinder, number of auto stop starts etc.

Just showed this to a friend to try and persuade him not to go down the APR route on his new RS3 as its clearly not worth it even if you do gain nearly 100bhp.

Evo 5 RS

Good job for warranty's!

lol "The New RS3. Not up to abuse."

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Yep this is why I love old school cars , no piss farting around when it comes to tuning and no surprise bills like that.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yep this is why I love old school cars , no piss farting around when it comes to tuning and no surprise bills like that.
Yes, but a old car doesn't have warranty, so all bills are the owners to pay? The only people this has cost, is Audi? And modern turbos are stupidly easy to tune?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
wait while someone try's sticking a tuning box on a new 911 and end up voiding the warranty (I'm sure they are all turbo's now) .

Evo 5 RS
Yes, but a old car doesn't have warranty, so all bills are the owners to pay? The only people this has cost, is Audi? And modern turbos are stupidly easy to tune?

Yeah that wasn't a "New cars are s**t" post. New car teething niggles are better than forking out for an AYC pump rebuild on an 11 year old Evo.

All cars are s**t, they're man made. So owning a newer one will always be piece of mind no matter the badge

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Christ I knew they could see a lot these days but didn't realise quite how much. Scary really. Certainly got to have very deep pockets to risk mapping or tuning a new car.

A friend just updated his snap on tool to the latest version and that can read all sorts. Distance covered since management light has come on, number of warm ups since dtcs cleared, fuel entry in oil counter, number of misfires per 1000 revolutions of each cylinder, number of auto stop starts etc.

Just showed this to a friend to try and persuade him not to go down the APR route on his new RS3 as its clearly not worth it even if you do gain nearly 100bhp.
APR don't have a kit for the RS3 that would give 100bhp, their RS3 map has been giving 30bhp. The S3 one gives nearly 90bhp though!

TBF the only thing that did break on mine was the fuel pressure reg. Not the end of the world. If I'd have plugged it in myself it'd have been a £60 fix. It's only cost so much because Audi went OTT on it!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
APR don't have a kit for the RS3 that would give 100bhp, their RS3 map has been giving 30bhp. The S3 one gives nearly 90bhp though!

TBF the only thing that did break on mine was the fuel pressure reg. Not the end of the world. If I'd have plugged it in myself it'd have been a £60 fix. It's only cost so much because Audi went OTT on it!

Ah it was with the cats removed it made 440bhp, not far off 100bhp though. Not like its not already quick though, the way it builds speed up already is effortless.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Two punctures in one go. I'm sure this car hates me.

Rocking around in the Range Rover again. Really makes me want one, its so much better than anything else I have access too :(

Although spending 70k on a new one makes me feel ill...

Two punctures in one go. I'm sure this car hates me.

Rocking around in the Range Rover again. Really makes me want one, its so much better than anything else I have access too :(

Although spending 70k on a new one makes me feel ill...
Surely it's karma for all the launches you've done in it? [emoji23] [emoji23]

f**k getting a RR

Not a 320d
Very Smart. One of these burbles past me every day when I queue up to get on the A3. Glad they have kept on with the 5 banger.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just passed 11500 miles in it.

Had a play with a VBOX

0-60 - 3.62 seconds
0-100 - 9.1 seconds
1/4 Mile - 11.96 seconds

Doesn't feel that quick on the road though..

Still averaging 34.1 mpg too.

clio 182 trophy
Just passed 11500 miles in it.

Had a play with a VBOX

0-60 - 3.62 seconds
0-100 - 9.1 seconds
1/4 Mile - 11.96 seconds

Doesn't feel that quick on the road though..

Still averaging 34.1 mpg too.
When you say doesn't feel that fast on the road, do you mean physically or perception of speed. Hear people say this all the time but don't always understand. Do you mean that you would expect to be glued to your seat with those numbers or that by the time you reach 100 you think your doing 70 as it is effortless and smooth?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Probably because it's so smooth that you don't know your doing warp speed lol. I had a play with the mk1 rs3 the other day lol. It went erm very well. Epic cars.

When you say doesn't feel that fast on the road, do you mean physically or perception of speed. Hear people say this all the time but don't always understand. Do you mean that you would expect to be glued to your seat with those numbers or that by the time you reach 100 you think your doing 70 as it is effortless and smooth?
I suspect because it has a very linear power delivery so you dont get the oldscool shove in your back in the midrange and it will be devoid of wind and road noise
Ridiculous figures for a family hatch!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
It doesn't physically feel that fast. Bare in mind it isn't as fast when rolling as the 'launch' figures would suggest.

Sounds awesome now though!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I assume that's with a rollout? Still massively impressive numbers. You sure it's stock? [emoji28]
No rollout. Remember the 0-60 is not 0-62 which might need a gearchange just....

It is stock, just puts out 32bhp more than it should lol.

I wasn't far off Evo's times.