ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200T Finally Arrives

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Well after 241 days since it was ordered I finally managed to pick up the new car - pictures taken after finally getting to hotel in the crappy weather - still its an excuse to give it a good clean.
DSCN0127_zps99df7bfd.jpg

DSCN0126_zps7cad423f.jpg

DSCN0125_zps3bf75391.jpg

DSCN0124_zps381d4fe8.jpg

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It's probably not the hard core fanatics favourite version of the RS Clio but it does cover ground pretty quickly even in auto and the interior build quality is a world away from my crashy bangy 182 and it comes with Toys :clap:

And yes my poor photography skills along with the weather doesn't help to show it off in it's best light

If I had turned the side lights on it would probably not looked as bright because the DRL's dim down as they substitute the side lights that would be in the main headlight cluster ie there aren't any in the RS version which is why the RS DRL's stay on unlike the standard Mk4's DRL's

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I like it apart from the front. Similar to the 1 series BMW, I can't get on with the front of that either.

i bet as an alround car it's great, a lot of people have a problem with it because its no longer the hard(er) core hot hatch that the 1*2 was.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Side profile again looks superb. The front and back are poor. Those anthracite bits annoy me more and more everytime I see them.

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
Enjoy! The customer who has just purchased my GW 200T LUX demo has just been to get it remapped and its now pushing 244bhp! Looks good in Black!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Love it. Glad it finally arrived!

Does the monitor work ok?

Monitor works brilliant, more to it than I thought. I admit it is only a toy as I've got no intention of tracking it but it's nice to see what's going on underneath.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Enjoy! The customer who has just purchased my GW 200T LUX demo has just been to get it remapped and its now pushing 244bhp! Looks good in Black!

22% gain, I'd be happy with that... Wonder how the gearbox with fair....

did id it get a dyno run when stock?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
just looks to friendly and the wing mirrors are too big, 3 door would have looked much more in proportion. Good luck with the new car fella.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Side profile again looks superb. The front and back are poor. Those anthracite bits annoy me more and more everytime I see them.

The anthracite parts will go through many colour changes over the coming years, black, ST Orange and possibly gold again for some Christmas bling to match the spare alloys I intend to get for next years winter wheels (got the 182 to use this year for snow driving)

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

Think I'll wait on mapping for a few years until more people have reported back with results

PB Clio 172
Well after 241 days since it was ordered I finally managed to pick up the new car - pictures taken after finally getting to hotel in the crappy weather - still its an excuse to give it a good clean.
DSCN0127_zps99df7bfd.jpg

DSCN0126_zps7cad423f.jpg

DSCN0125_zps3bf75391.jpg

DSCN0124_zps381d4fe8.jpg

this the Bowden Hall ??

nice car... will I get one one day.... I hope so

An orange one
Nope, still just can't get on with these at all :(

same with the 208gti, saw one yesterday and they are dreadful.

Fiesta ST every single time in this class!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Nope, still just can't get on with these at all :(

same with the 208gti, saw one yesterday and they are dreadful.

Fiesta ST every single time in this class!
Yep it doesn't float everyone boat as we all have different tastes but I like it and have done since pictures were released last October.
It would appear to be the same story every time Renault do a body design update (not the engine/gear box) people don't like it. Go back 4/5 years when images of the 200 were released the "majority" on here hated it, personally I loved the look of it just wasn't fussed on the inside which is why I didn't get one.
But each to their own I'm not going to defend it or knock it, it's my choice and so far I think I've made the right decision (the four doors also helped get the Mrs onside)

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
I'm really tempted with one of these. Any good pcp deals on?

Not really! There is low rate finance available on the RS and you get 4 years free servicing included. LUX would work out under £295pm with 20% deposit.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really dislike that. Nearly as much as I dislike automatic hot hatches.