ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 E46 M3

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks s**t and you know why... because the centre caps don't line up with the M badge on the wheels. Pfftttt

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, the mic was situated next to the airbox. That wasn't even with Sport Mode activated (just in Comfort) and SMG setting 4 (5 is brutal).

Looks s**t and you know why... because the centre caps don't line up with the M badge on the wheels. Pfftttt

😌 They did last week. The caps seem to turn on their own over time. Must make sure to correct them in future, like this:
16858775276_0e0a907cb1_c.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Tbh on these motors I think induction is nicer than exhaust. No idea what the SS is like, but doing 100 miles daily I'm happy with it being quiet!

Reactions: JD
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I sold my GoPro shortly after making that clip. I did one for the Megane, too. I'm may look for a cheaper alternative with good sound quality.

The airbox overpowers the exhaust note, especially at higher revs - that's when the airbox comes into it's own. It's mental. But low down the exhaust sounds nice. Retains the rasp, too. It's not boomy or overly loud. I think if I put 100/200 cell cats in the noise would be increased significantly, but it's only the backbox I've got, so standard system from there to the front.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thanks both - safe to say the exhaust would sound the same on mine? Any videos Neil?

I'll try and get a vid up sometime this week, mate. As said I sold the GoPro so will give it some revs with my camera/iPhone.

Reactions: JD
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I posted this comparison a few weeks ago. Can't see the carbon fibre roof in the CSL image though:

16717796390_65ba9ed411_c.jpg

16881729755_835ce08445_c.jpg

No headlight washers on the CSL either, and I couldn't do without my interior cup holders! 😌

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How many benjamin's was the bootlid ? I bet lots ?

They can sell for around £800 unpainted and unfitted. Mine was just over £600 from BMW. Lot of coins but tbh it's something I've wanted since day one and I was just putting off the inevitable. The box is so light.

They can sell for around £800 unpainted and unfitted. Mine was just over £600 from BMW. Lot of coins but tbh it's something I've wanted since day one and I was just putting off the inevitable. The box is so light.
Fair play, it's a really nice addition! and I guess it's one of those things / OE mods that people always want so if ever you sold it you'd not lose money etc.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The thing for me is, if someone came up to me and said "Wow nice M3, is it a CSL?" I would die so much inside having to say no.

Still a lovely looking car, just too CSL like for me.