ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 E46 M3

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely OEM example Neil. Lovely! Becoming more common local to me, think with the price of the crap ones coming down.

You could take preventive action against the rust on the front wings but with the warranty why bother. If you do notice bubbling it will not require repair. Renewal is the only option on the front wings.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lovely OEM example Neil. Lovely! Becoming more common local to me, think with the price of the crap ones coming down.

You could take preventive action against the rust on the front wings but with the warranty why bother. If you do notice bubbling it will not require repair. Renewal is the only option on the front wings.

Sadly mate, rust on the front wings/arches in general is usually refused for repair anyway because the culprit is often stone chips. I don't have rust on the bodywork at all, but I have a tin of POR15 which is apparently very good should I need to seal and protect.

You can get some of the high mileage cars for £6-7k or so, but the lower mileage, later cars are still over £12k.

They aren't as common up here as they are up, up there, though. LOL.

Quite fancy a Status Gruppe exhaust system:

IMG_9389e_resized_with_logo_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_9427e_with_logo_1024x1024.jpg

Not cheap at close to £800 but still way off that of an Eisenmann or Supersprint system.

Don't need a remap either as you do when you put a CSL style airbox on from Geoff Steel or Evolve. That's not cheap either - the Evolve airbox and remap is around £3k!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The rust on the front wings is common on every E46. I'm not sure how they can say it's caused by stone chips when it's coming from the inside out. Bare in mind i've replaced about 10 wings in pairs this year alone.

R14 CUP
Let me know if you need a Geoff Steel airbox, my Dad is workshop manager for them, and i can get you a very good price. I organised one for a lad called Graham with an Imola Red E46, who i used to know through ZSOC.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Let me know if you need a Geoff Steel airbox, my Dad is workshop manager for them, and i can get you a very good price. I organised one for a lad called Graham with an Imola Red E46, who i used to know through ZSOC.

How very kind. I'll bear that in mind mate. It's the remap on top that bumps the price!

R14 CUP
They work very close with Evolve, so might be able to help with cost there also (however im sure how much, or any at all)

If there is anything at all you need from them, let me know. I'll help where i can :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Quite fancy a Status Gruppe exhaust system:

Not cheap at close to £800 but still way off that of an Eisenmann or Supersprint system.

Don't need a remap either as you do when you put a CSL style airbox on from Geoff Steel or Evolve. That's not cheap either - the Evolve airbox and remap is around £3k!

Not overly keen on the standard exhaust note, too tinny/raspy for my liking, that sounds much better

Is it just a backbox, or cat back system, etc?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On 52k now. Have taken it off sale, as I want to keep it now. Megane will be going :clown:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's similar to my Brother in law. He has a stunner but there is probably 4-5k profit in it. If he sells, he'll just want another and none will be as good as his.

Lovely example Neil.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's similar to my Brother in law. He has a stunner but there is probably 4-5k profit in it. If he sells, he'll just want another and none will be as good as his.

Lovely example Neil.

Every time I drive it I love it. The smell, the noise of the engine starting up and the electrics all whirring into operation. It drives perfectly and although I know it could go wrong at any time, I've factored it all in and I'm really happy with it.

Absolutely love the Megane, too, and I'm taking a £5k hit on funds by selling that over the M3, but I doubt this thing will depreciate too much by next year when I look at buying a Skyline R34 GTR. I mean a new house. Yes, a house. Ahem.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Absolute f**king automotive perfect Scutchio.

I don't even know what to say about it really, apart from that there's not that many "normal" cars of that age I'd really f**king love to own, but that certainly is one of them.

(By normal, I mean obviously old lambo's, rari's etc are wanted)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Absolute f**king automotive perfect Scutchio.

I don't even know what to say about it really, apart from that there's not that many "normal" cars of that age I'd really f**king love to own, but that certainly is one of them.

(By normal, I mean obviously old lambo's, rari's etc are wanted)

Thankyou Rob, very kind. There's a few things I'd love to do; CSL bootlid, front bumper and airbox (look at the price of the airbox: http://evolveautomotive.com/engine-ecu_656/csl-carbon-airbox_693/) as well as an Eisenmann exhaust system, but at the moment I'm content :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thanks buddy :cool:

Oh and obviously I'd need to be able to do this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Why not take some warranty out Scutch if worried about big bills?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thankyou Rob, very kind. There's a few things I'd love to do; CSL bootlid, front bumper and airbox (look at the price of the airbox: http://evolveautomotive.com/engine-ecu_656/csl-carbon-airbox_693/) as well as an Eisenmann exhaust system, but at the moment I'm content :)

CSL bootlid is the only thing I'd bother with. How much will that set you back?

Know all about the airbox, and whilst it's automotive functional art, and doesn't lose much money really, I couldn't bring myself to spend that on a bloody airbox.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Why not take some warranty out Scutch if worried about big bills?

So tempted mate. Fully comprehensive warranty with BMW is £1600 on the E46M. That's a lot of money if nothing goes wrong. It's low mileage and nothing should go wrong, but I appreciate it might. I'm just taking the risk and have money at hand for any repairs. It's the SMG that's the big bill (the pump itself is around £2k but the entire system can be rebuilt for around that price at a good Indy, maybe even cheaper). Other things like VANOS can be repaired much cheaper these days, like < £1k. I don't want to take out a cheaper warranty by somewhere like Warrantydirect or Warrantywise because I've heard horror stories and they'll try and get out of anything, WW don't even cover the SMG as they refuse to :clown:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
CSL bootlid is the only thing I'd bother with. How much will that set you back?

Know all about the airbox, and whilst it's automotive functional art, and doesn't lose much money really, I couldn't bring myself to spend that on a bloody airbox.

Genuine bootlid is £630 from dealer, un-painted. You can get copies for around £300 painted. Fitment quality is trial and error.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Lovely motor mate!
Can't stop looking at these for the missus although she would want a convertible :(

BMW 330ci
Such an awesome car ! Looks great exactly how I'd want an M3. Defo need to own one of these. I also want my 330 to have CSL wheels like this. Also did you do the colour coded grill ?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lovely motor mate!
Can't stop looking at these for the missus although she would want a convertible :(

I'd never have a convertible, but can see why your missus would like one. Hold their value well, too.

Such an awesome car ! Looks great exactly how I'd want an M3. Defo need to own one of these. I also want my 330 to have CSL wheels like this. Also did you do the colour coded grill ?

Yes mate, I bought a pair of matt black grills and had the outer casings colour coded. So the chrome grills are in my garage.

BMW 330ci
Thinking of doing mine as I've got a 330 in this colour and not sure if I like the chrome. Also how do you find it on coilovers ? I think my suspension needs refreshing tbh.