ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 or GP

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
GP edges it over a 200 for me, but a brand new clio 200 for the same price..... i recon the 200 woud be the best choice for u piers. if u can get one for circa 14500 with the essential options i recon it will still be worth 10k in 3 years probably what the gp would be worth in the same time frame.

GP edges it over a 200 for me, but a brand new clio 200 for the same price..... i recon the 200 woud be the best choice for u piers. if u can get one for circa 14500 with the essential options i recon it will still be worth 10k in 3 years probably what the gp would be worth in the same time frame.

Exactly dude (Price wise)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A 200 will be able to be bought for less than 10k once its out of warranty.

A GP with the same miles at the time the 200 is out of warranty will be worth more, bottom line is, Minis hold there value, Clio's do not

ST

Exactly dude (Price wise)

Sorry guys but you don't have to look too far to see that the GP Works or even a well spec'd Works will still be worth a bit more than a second hand 200 even IF the 200 has the 'right' options and is two or three years newer..

Mini's: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/li...gesize=15&xsl=list&y1=&y2=&d=0&dist=&nodays=0

Clio 200's: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/li...=&y2=&txt=200&px=&filter=TP&o=p&Submit=Search

Granted there are only two for sale on PH just now but if they can knock them out for a touch under 15k new is saying something, considering the RRP is nearer 17k or more if you go for the FF version with all the toys.

I paid 14,250 for my R27 brand new, list was 17,250, i got 3k straight off the showroom price without too much bother at all...i got 12k back for it two years later, if i'd kept it another six months i don't think i would've got much more than 10 for it, its fact, the RS cars drop like stones because they are fairly 'niche' when compared with the more 'main stream' hot hatches i.e the Civic Type R, the Fiesta ST etc...you say to someone that doesn't really know much or have much of an interest in cars, yeah i've got a Clio R27, 99% of people won't know what you're talking about, rarity isn't always a good thing in the case of the RS cars, due to less people knowing what they are can make them less desirable IMO.

GTD, Lupo
No one has done the maths yet which is a little crazy. The GP new is 22k and they are going for 15-16k 3 years on?? Thats a drop of 6-7k in the first 3 years????. I have heard a lot about these holding there value but im not seeing it. I paid 16k for mine (wont include the scrappage) and would say in 3 years the least i will get for it is 9k so that also a 7k drop in 3 years. People look at % but the overall cost % on the GP is greater so depriciation will look smaller.

Im sure the drop will slow the older the GP gets but you can never tell whats going to happen, plus you can pick up a 200 for around 13k now so the drop will be half that of what was lost on the GP in the first 3 years.

Gorms

PSJ-
At the end of the day, drive both & then see - that's all I can say really. We're now seven pages in - only you can decide what to buy.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fair play admiting you would rather a mini Gorms.

I think it also comes down to.. do you want a really new car.