ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 or GP

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I was going to mention about buying a mini cooper s woks and tuning it up if your worried about the seats? also my mates mrs has the coopers S, had it for around 3 months now and loves it but just doesn't like the fuel bill! around here the BEST she can get is 27mpg! I don;t know what other people get but I thought thats terrible for what power they are.

.......At the end of the day its up to you! - just remember the other running cost's mate, tyres etc...18in iirc?

On a long motorway journey you get at least 32, although around the city i do get 22 :eek:

Would love a vee but they are double the insurance to what the gp is lol.. Also I don't think I would trust pushing the vee as hard as it's known the spin lol :S
Depends what you want the car for tbh, vee's aren't as bad as folk say they are !

I don't know how old you are etc, but I pay £600 f/c on it, i'm 29 now, but i've always paid under a grand on it, even at 26 when I got one.

3k? 197's dont seem to take that kinda hit. Is good logic tho dude.
Chris is right dude, if folk pay 17k now for a 200, this time next year it'll be 14k or a bit less.
The only way to lose less on them is to not pay the rrp in the first place.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Buying any new car is lunacy at the moment never buying a new Renault imo

A used Mini GP will to a certain extend be worth more in the long run if its kept nice.

The fact a GP is quicker to 100mph than a vee does not influence my choice (if i were in a position to make it lol :eek:)

Italian 3.2 V6
220bhp and only weighs 1090kg.. 203 bhp per ton

A 182 with 40extra bhp aswell as an lsd and the
bonus noise of a SC ;)

lovely to drive!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
coopersgp06_041600.jpg

MiniCooperSJCWorksGP06_4.jpg

They do look the cats danglies imo!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The GP is a far looking better car than the 200 imo

The wheels and spolier might not tickle everyone but imo it does look better than the 200

Mondeo TDCI 130
I couldnt have a mini, for one reason, we look after a few, and they don't seen to last very well!

Can't comment on the GP as such, but we had a cooper with 70K on it and it was falling apart, cost a fecking fortune!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes in your opinion, which you're also more than intitled to it.

You're still wrong.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, why do you come on here trying to insinuate you know more than everyone about all matters?

Btw, I'm not intitled to an opinion I'm entitled to it.

I forgot about that rear spoiler on the GP, so that's the coloured mirrors, the wheels & the spoiler I don't like, oh I also think that having the number of it on the outside (on the roof - it's not a Police vehicle ffs) looks cack. With those bits sorted I really like them.

It is very quick yeah, I really can't belive they are that quick tbh !

I think that all in all, if I wanted a Mini i'd have the power the GP has, but in a normal looking Mini.

Homo spec mazda
A lad local to me had a GP from new. I used to drool over that car everytime i walked past. Its one of the cars id love to own. Just so I could say to myself I had.

who would pay 17k for a 200? Most paid around 15k when on paper 17.5k, i still recon after 3 years they will be worth around the same as the gp will be 6 years old.

I forgot to quote the quote :p

Tangoed Works
I think they have a ultra high quality look imo. I remember when they first came out when I had my 182 thinking they had hit the nail on the head with that hatch.

IMG_1008-1.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

who would pay 17k for a 200? Most paid around 15k when on paper 17.5k, i still recon after 3 years they will be worth around the same as the gp will be 6 years old.

I forgot to quote the quote :p
Some would have paid it though, not all went & got the deals that were around a while ago.
In a year I reckon it'll drop 3k maybe a touch more (if folk paid the 17k) If they paid less then it'll still be the same end fig, only they'll have lost less.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, why do you come on here trying to insinuate you know more than everyone about all matters?

Btw, I'm not intitled to an opinion I'm entitled to it.
My bad, my spelling is usually spot on in general but the man flu has hampered it recently.

Not on all matters, I don't go into tech threads I know nothing about but i'm a very clever boy so I know quite a lot about a lot.

GTD, Lupo
I paid more for my 200 but then again i have had it for 7 months now :p and people who ordered them about 2 months after me are still waiting or just getting them. Paid just a little over 16k for mine but i used the scrappage scheme on an old car i had sitting around so 14k in my eyes as the car was worthless. i have come from owning old cars, last one was a 19 year old mk2 golf gti 16v and i was sick of the thing breaking down all the time and not starting and for me i wanted a car with peace of mind and a WARRENTY :D so i guess its what you want from the car. As for deprieciation (spelling) both cars will be hit differently. The clio will drop more in price as its only a regular model where as the Mini is very expensive for what it is and with the current economic climate i dont think many people will have 16k to splash on a second hand car, and prices will have to drop if people want to sell them.

Paul

S2 106 GTI
I like the look of them and would own one when they drop ALOT in price. buts its not a car I would look at if I had that sort of cash
our mrs was looking at this thread and she said she wouldn't pay over 9k for a mini....and she thinks the GP looks like a cooper S that has been photoshop'd

All in all a GP won't drop that much in value really. I looked at one (out of curiosity) at a BM stealers a few months ago, it was up for 20k ! The same car can be had for about 16k or less tbh.
Like I said earlier, i'd probs prefer a JCW one with the power of the GP.